What watch you're wearing?

ven

Flashaholic
Agree Lion, if there was a watch made by HDS, the 5600/5610 would be it, simple, just works and tough as old boots!

Are you not tempted for a MB6 flavour?

ven

Flashaholic
My little pile of G's
31KH6Ojl.jpg

Little pile of metals
wS39LxOl.jpg

Its getting harder to pick one to wear.................but i can give up anytime:nana:

mhpreston

Enlightened
Oooo - am I lucky or what? A new Olight Javelot Pro (with red filter attached) and a dress watch for Christmas! I rushed the photo and had the date wrong...
8925f7433c5e1780fc89a3143a8d87a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ven

Flashaholic
Are the Casio G Shock watches made in Japan? I like Seiko, and other watches made in Japan!

They vary Red, some yes Japan. Others Thailand which is no issue for me. After all, a factory in X or Y as long as made to Casio's spec, i am fine with(others may not be). I have JDM flavours that have Thailand on the back plate.......

G's make an excellent tough yet light weight beater watch Red, there are many many models, colours with various modules. Pos and neg displays, red,green etc etc. The neg displays are not too easy to read in low light environments.

I love seiko to, i have a little family of 3 seiko's which are all auto's. I just love the movements, design and the fact a machine/robot can not make without human intervention. Due to the complexity of them.

Merry Christmas :)

Xmas day wear so far
E5YloYLl.jpg

LMHvLcnl.jpg

Combi bracelet is very comfy
4bkGIGPl.jpg

Even santa paws has been
H88usiol.jpg

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you not tempted for a MB6 flavour?

Is that the atomic solar version? If so, yes, ive come dangerously close to an upgrade on a couple of occasions. But I've been through a lot with this girl, and those features wouldn't be a noticeable upgrade on a daily basis: I go several years between battery swaps and notice about 0.5s drift every month, which is within tolerances for catching the daily express bus.

One feature I'd like to add is barometric pressure...

ven

Flashaholic
Is that the atomic solar version? If so, yes, ive come dangerously close to an upgrade on a couple of occasions. But I've been through a lot with this girl, and those features wouldn't be a noticeable upgrade on a daily basis: I go several years between battery swaps and notice about 0.5s drift every month, which is within tolerances for catching the daily express bus.

One feature I'd like to add is barometric pressure...

Yes multi band 6. I have a couple, its pretty cool how both are exact sinked without my input, random pic yesterday
cSbwLVzl.jpg

Agree, they are very accurate anyway and its no deciding factor on any of my purchases. 0.5s is pretty amazing to be honest .

Barometer pressure, this 100bb has that
uH5VBA9l.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
Ven,

love your Seiko Colection! In addition to my three 70s digitals, I have a Seiko Sports 100 Divers. It is a analog Quartz, and it incorporates a small digital display, and it has the rotating divers bezel. I bought this one in 1984.

Thank you Red, there is something special about the seiko divers for me. One day i would love to add a GS , but it wont be any time soon. The boss wont be too happy if we do not get the new kitchen in Jan............:twak:

Would love to see some pics of your seiko's. In 84 i was 9, casio calculator watches ring a bell. I actually got my lad one the other year, love the cool/retro vibe.

ven

Flashaholic
Very cool burgess, there are various flavours of 5610's with all kinds of displays. I really like the golden back ground, there is red,blue as well to name just some options. I will say a lot of the newer G's have negative displays, as cool as some may think they are, there is a variable on the legibility.

If you have a smart phone, there are some nice bluetooth squares. The displays on these are meant to be much better(than other negs). So i would maybe be tempted at a b/t square.
https://www.g-central.com/g-shock-gw-b5600-and-gw-b5600bc-tough-solar-bluetooth-resin-squares/

Todays wear............a different square, full fat flavour 56......the king!
pBssNryl.jpg

mcm308

Enlightened
It showed up Christmas eve. It is a beauty and am extremely pleased with it. Not lyin, it is difficult to read at times but I like it.

ven

Flashaholic
Sweeeeet rangey there:cool:

Yes these neg displays are not the "brightest" of ideas casio has come up with. Worse still, they are pushing these displays more and more, so harder to avoid. My 5610 with neg, found a not perfect work around but helps. Just hold the light button in for a few seconds till after the light goes off. Now on auto, tilt arm and lit up. You will know this anyway, but it saves having to press the light button almost every time in low light.

Other than that.......would make an excellent summer watch lol(light evenings) . Trouble is with many G's, even gripes are put up with if your a G fan.

Congrats:party:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
So here is my current collection of Casio & Citizen watches. I'm itching to add another, but many watches with additional dials show the same, repetitive time information. Since I'm not into racing, I don't need stop watch functions. The one I'm considering shows compass & altitude, which living in the mountains next to a national forest would be useful. Yes, my Casio Protrek does this, but digitally and certainly doesn't look dressy. This watch can go anywhere. What do you Watchaholics think? LOL
182ffca4126494848254cd14d0943925.jpg
92b0a91d1ef107b2be6cab48c5c3e86b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ven

Flashaholic
Very impressive mike, like them all a lot. I would be more than happy with any of those in my little collection.:D

Any favs? Any that get the most use? Or do you swap about like me, even 2 or 3 times in a day haha.

I could see you with a nice Casio Oceanus :)

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ven, I do a lot of watch swapping. I love the solar powered watches as I don't have to replace batteries.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ven

Flashaholic
Good stuff, same here haha. Its good to swap about and have a little variety .........as with flashlights etc. I have a couple of solar casios, but will be adding a citizen pro driver/master titanium at some point in 2020.

Today is Friday, that means frogfriday. I have a digital retro thing going on in 2019, who knows "what thing' will be in 2020!
dngHT7jl.jpg