What watch you're wearing?

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
Almost every day for about a year.

a3f5505e54ec87172f3c0e3845c6216d.jpg

Reactions: ven

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bought a Seiko SKX007J1 when I was in Airborne School at 19, and after the face got knocked loose ~15yrs later, replaced it with the Black Monster. Had a couple others at one point, that I gave away, but I'm going on 50, and have really only worn two watches in my adult life.
Well, I'm turning 50, and based on my previously established timeline, figured I was due for watch #3:shrug:

Another Seiko automatic, shockingly enough, but an alternative to the diver, not a replacement.
4R36 movement that allows manual winding and second hand hacking. Same 20mm lug to lug as my Black Monster, so the bands are interchangeable, too.

Seiko SRPE67J1:
SoAO8Qt.jpg

40mm case, but after 30+ years of wearing the dive watches, it feels tiny and weightless.

Last edited:

joseywales44

Newly Enlightened
I've been wearing an Invicta model 0992 47mm all stainless steel, 500M water resistance, black MOP dial, tritium T-25 markers, SW200 Swiss automatic movement . Numbered, limited edition (005 of 300). GREAT watch!!!
330ZBOvLeJRHnH9vsgD50D2f44l6zTPw41WAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Usually most of the Citizen dials are a bit too crowded for my taste, especially the Satelllite Wave GPS ones. But I really liked this one and had my eyes on a GPS watch (Seiko Astron) for quite some time now. So I pulled the trigger last sunday (jomashop in the US), shipped on tuesday, delivery on friday (in germany). The boring black leather trap had to go immediately. The grey Prometheus Design Werx nato matches pretty good for my taste. As a surveyor who uses GPS pretty often on the job I am rather fascinated with the technology in this (solar/GPS) watch.

citizen1s.jpg

citizen4s.jpg

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
Was a nice evening around the fire with the Seiko [emoji108] hello all. Been a while since I posted here. Hope everyone is well. [emoji16]
1bc77ea7917e7278cb466180094ef4ce.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

ven

Flashaholic
Very nice Eric :cool: It's a cool feature, one of mine has gps and can track. Shows a map of route been etc or where you are. Need phone though of course for map and bt connection.
All ok thanks John, hope your good. Need to do a little update myself. But can't whilst in work.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice Eric :cool: It's a cool feature, one of mine has gps and can track. Shows a map of route been etc or where you are. Need phone though of course for map and bt connection.
Track, even cooler. Since I still don´t use a smarphone (don´t need/want another screen in my life) I wouldn´t be able to use that, but still...

I had my eyes on a Sinn U1 for about 2-3 years now. When they released their limited U1 DS (I sntached #242 of 500) in early march this year I ordered one. Most likley I am done with watches for this year now. Pretty cool watch. Only the lume could be way brighter.

U1-4s.jpg

U1-3s.jpg

U1-5s.jpg

U1-1s.jpg

U1-2s.jpg

U1-6s.jpg

U1-7s.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
:rock::D A beauty congrats. Love it !

Been useless of late, will upload some new Gs, for some coming next week as well. Can't even remember where I am up to on here! Some figures to for ornaments (toy ones).

ven

Flashaholic
Morning CPF(4.15 as i type) Hope everyone is well and safe. Some new editions and some more around corner.

Callum has a new 7900b, its the JDM rescue with mb6 / solar and an awesome G for the money.
r1BghTEl.jpg

ep3Bamsl.jpg

tEBGQMOl.jpg

ARRebUnl.jpg

I got a gwn1000 master of gulf. Maybe the most comfortable G shock i have worn to date, most know how comfortable G shocks are! So strong words, strap so soft, love this G and a strong up there fav.
PKBZvXQl.jpg

YvCT6FFl.jpg

JDM even have shopping bag from Japan
SPAxn75l.jpg

3fmFkLAl.jpg

Has storm alert(press and hold top left for 2 seconds, arrow moves to down pos. Any sudden pressure change and alarms, cool and useful.
HUsh1opl.jpg

Mudmaster gg100 carbon. This i decided on the burton edition. Its more love than hate with G shockers. But i like the white band, weirdly for a summer type G. Even though burton is snow!
qMqjZkHl.jpg

3cV00fDl.jpg

Ost8MkGl.jpg

MecqUCMl.jpg

TvaHtdml.jpg

udbdjlXl.jpg

Lots of features ans bluetooth, so now its the 3rd G shock on the app. Super easy connection and set up, not had one yet that was not connected and everything set first time. Only down side for me, its not solar. But its no deal breaker as always positives either way. Im not always checking battery levels(ocd i guess like my car fuel tank, live out of top 1/2 haha)

Dont know why, i just went on a mad one for NECA figures. All kinds from jaws, back to the future etc. Anyway horror was the topic
Freddy
IR7Q0gdl.jpg

Penny wise
MeMENUBl.jpg

Mr myers, even the pumpkin flickers
iPZ9eRBl.jpg

Jason, joker(i love the joker but doesnt fit in with the others) and G man of course
xOJwqPOl.jpg

An example of presentation is penny wise, swappable heads, hands or weapons depending on character. I just think cool, plus im a big kid!
PxgQzg3l.jpg

nODfD3Rl.jpg

For now thats it, 2 more next week for me and Callum.

Cheers

ven

Flashaholic
Oh forgot one, my love for the 9400, black out this time. Wasnt over struck on the strap, so bought a carbon fibre. This being glossy, kind of didnt match the bezel. It looked fine with the matte, but nope, had to get a glossy bezel to match!
How it looked with cf change, exaggerated in bright light. Actually hard to tell in normal light!
UxXJvVDl.jpg

Matching bezel
T3DovSfl.jpg

COV42VQl.jpg

Desert camo 9400 and black out 9400
Xg0mMsil.jpg

Dad n lads black outs
zk8zkYfl.jpg

Last pic of the muds so far
cn2C9tEl.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
More to add, gpw1000V 1A which is vintage/ aged, a rare beast!
qFYgv1Vl.jpg

Zn3Vjwul.jpg

MdtAZjYl.jpg

DzIOMdYl.jpg

Callums latest, x6900 which is the xl size of the 6900, fantastic G
On cal
L5of01al.jpg

on me!

eJKmZ7Nl.jpg

gwn q1000mc due in tomorrow all being well.

ven

Flashaholic
And a good looking one too. Looks like a metal (steel?) platic mixture.

Eric
The code is gpw1000v 1A vintage metal.

Another new G, i can't even keep up with me! The gwn q1000mc on combi. Another rare beast .
Will need to get the mac on to post a pic. The most feature rich G shock. Has everything like temp, baro, compass, altitude,moon,tide, sun set /rise and much more. It's the only other G shock that's ISO rated for diving than the frogman. Also has a depth sensor for diving to 50m.

ven

Flashaholic
Right here we go
gwn q1000mc
0ScwPiLl.jpg

kIEfPEEl.jpg

R1NqSBQl.jpg

FPoZafml.jpg

The Q (left) is larger then the other. Just pic angle
gwn q1000mc and gwn1000
tL0YEadl.jpg

Has a cool knurled thumb wheel to extend strap on the fly, not only that, allows tiny micro adjustments to perfect comfort.
DJ1O8P0l.jpg

ZngONKol.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Today was watch battery swap day for some odd reason. I had bought a Timex expedition last night and that prompted me to get a reproduction WW2 Timex field watch with a dead battery going. The back refused to pry off. I even drilled a hole in the back big enough for a small screwdriver to reach in and pluck it out. Nope. So……in the trash with ya. That led me to try some other ones I had tried before and was unsuccessful. And strike 3 yer out, they ended up in the trash. My favorite Evel Knievel watch back popped right off but when it ran for 15 seconds on a brand new battery……in the trash.

Some I kept the bands but they aint any use to anybody with a dead battery and a stuck back cover. Most came from eBay for less than $10 so it aint a big deal.

So I pryed off the rear of the brand new Expedition to see what battery it takes. When the back cover refused to pop back in……in the trash. I figured it's going to fail at some point and if the cover won't go back on it, it aint no good to me. As it turned out that one quit working too. No reset button on that one so goodbye future pitb watch.

My Seiko black face analog stopped working a couple years back. Again I tried to pry off the cover and again it refused……you guessed, in the trash. I went to a place called Kohls and replaced it with a black face solar. That one may outlive me.

On a positive note I got my old Seiko made Independent trucks watch going again and my Rip Curl tide watch.

FF991-D91-2-A0-B-4141-8-C72-C1006-BD31412.jpg

Edit:
I took the brand new Timex out of the trash and took it back for a refund. Then went to another store and replaced the reproduction black face WW2 era field watch with the stuck back with a white face old military style field watch with Indiglo.
Soon I'll pick up a watch back press from Harbor Frieght or somewhere.
End edit.

Last edited:

Latest posts