What's a canceled tv show you wish they'd bring back, even if it was just re-runs?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Warehouse 13 .. best line; "who wouldn't want to live forever .. you might see the Browns win a Super Bowl." Sadly forever might not be long enough
I remember that show! Sooo underrated!

fulee9999

Enlightened
Bay Watch, maybe someone already threw this on the table.

with the Hoff and Pamela Anderson?

my choices to bring back would be:
- Knight Rider
- MacGyver
- X-Files
- What would you do
- To catch a predator
- Magnum P.I.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Benny Hill show
1665613762949.png

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Definitely. Certainly a bit bawdy. But fun-loving. It's interesting how all of the girls loved him and had only good things to say about him. He only pretended to be pervy. Sue Upton once mentioned how he came by for a visit. Her little daughter knew he was famous. There was some sort of Meet & Greet at her school. So she asked if he could attend. Thing is, the event was for the very next day, and at early in the morning. Upton told her daughter that Uncle Benny works very hard and would be too tired to attend. But he just told the little girl not to worry about it.

He showed up the very next day, and impressed everyone. Apparently he also spoke French very well. Sad how his life ended and the details of what took place afterwards. But, not going to concentrate on that.

Ironically, something like the Benny Hill show would be considered far too tame for audiences today.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
So, Quantum Leap is coming back as a reboot.
Unfortunately it looks like it'll have a very political slant to it.
Some films are better off without sequels.
Some shows are better off enjoyed in syndication as re-runs.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
So, Quantum Leap is coming back as a reboot.
Unfortunately it looks like it'll have a very political slant to it.
Some films are better off without sequels.
Some shows are better off enjoyed in syndication as re-runs.
The original had a political bent to it as well in a sort of right vs wrong kinda way where the good guy wore a white hat so-to-speak.

I just want to watch tv without somebody trying to brainwash me that meat is murder while I'm eating a turkey on wheat club sandwich or pepsi is better than coke as I prefer RC over both of those anyway

bykfixer

Flashaholic
For the record - I was only joking about the character he played on the show. I have no knowledge of his personal life and plan on keeping it that way. He always made me laugh.
I liked the scene where he was vaccinating men and women. The men came out from behind the curtain rubbing their arm. The women their tucas. lol

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The original had a political bent to it as well in a sort of right vs wrong kinda way where the good guy wore a white hat so-to-speak.
Admittedly there were a few White Hat issues with Sam and his belief system. Though thankfully, they were kept at a minimum on the show.

About the only episode I didn't like was that Three-Parter that to this day has me scratching my head as to why they made it. It was creative how all three episodes tied into each other. But the last one was not only horribly weak, but Sam failed miserably in saving a little girl whose life only got worse during her lifetime because he was busy saving others. And in the end, he didn't care about her life at all. At one point in time ***Spoiler Alert*** leaping out of a body (thus saving himself) while a burning room falls on top of him. Unfortunately, when he leaps out, the person in the waiting room whose in his body, leaps back in. That victim who burned to death horribly was the girl's father.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Crime Story. If for no other reason than to determine if Mike Furillo and that Lucas guy survived. (I forget his first name) See, in the closing scene of season 2 they had fallen out of an airplane and were rasslin' in mid-air as they fell to earth and.... the end credits and....

They cancelled the show. 😱🙀🙈
(Edit Frank Luca not Lucas)

Another vote for The Wire.

Maybe Jericho, maybe.

Luther. The way that ended sucked. Did Luther end up in prison?

I could watch Friday Night Lights some more.

Last edited:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Just finished Luther a few days ago,, great series.
Put in Disk 6 thinking 'how are they going to continue' it was just a bonus disk.

couple too many people died in the series, still recommend it.

Luther likely got some kind of 'time served in the world' for all the creeped out people he dealt with.
just my take