What's a canceled tv show you wish they'd bring back, even if it was just re-runs?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Seinfeld is/was a love it or hate it show. You either thought it was hillarious or not funny at all.

I'd like to see the return of those late night rock concert shows. The ones that you'd see a band you'd never heard of and 3 months later be jamming to their songs on the radio.

Ishango

Enlightened
The more I think about it.... "Jericho." (2006 - 2008)

Picture "The Walking Dead," only a lot better and more realistic.
Sadly it's too late to bring back the original cast for a 3rd year continuation. Have to reboot it with whole new cast. Repeat the first 2 years and then introduce new material for year 3 and onwards.

Seriously, if I were a Billionaire; I'd make it happen!

Absolutely thrilled to see Jericho getting some love! While I initially mentioned Revolution in an earlier comment, I can't deny the charm of Jericho's setting. Currently immersed in William Forstchen's After series books, especially "One Second After" and "One Year After," has reignited my craving for TV series with a similar vibe. If you're open to sci-fi, the upcoming Fallout TV series might offer a comparable experience in terms of tropes.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Love Sci-fi.
Also, already read all of his "After" books.
(No worries, no spoilers from me.)
Will have to check out that Fallout series when it airs.
Thanks for the heads-up.

ghostguy6

Enlightened
I would love to see them continue on with the following shows:
-Jericho. They left us on a cliffhanger, who did Texas side with?
-Drew Carey. They could easily do a reboot where Drew's son essentially becomes what Drew used to be and Drew has become successful, maybe the new owner of Winfred Louder? Of course the old gang could cause plenty of trouble in retirement.
- Hogan's Heros. I know Bob Crane was murdered so they show died with him but I would love to see the series get finished. Even if it is just a one time movie. I would love to see when the war ends and Colonel Klink find out about the whole operation.
-Tour of Duty. They could perhaps keep on Lt. Goldman, Sgt. Anderson and a few others but start them out with a new platoon for a second tour.

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
I'd like to see the return of those late night rock concert shows. The ones that you'd see a band you'd never heard of and 3 months later be jamming to their songs on the radio.
Yes! Midnight Special and Don Kirshners' Rock Concert. Both were pretty cool, as I recall. Around 1975, one of them is where I first saw Rory Gallagher, a British blues / rock guitarist, whom I'd never heard of, and could tell that he was really good. As a young guitarist - too young to drive, soon after, I took the bus to the local mall and bought his "Against the Grain" album. He's long since been one of my favs.

Always liked Seinfeld. One of the channels on Dish is running the reruns, 6 or 8 in a row on some nights. I've DVR'd a few of them.

Anyone watch "Air Disasters"? It's an hour long program that has been around for 15 or more years that details NTSB investigations of jetliner, helicopter, and major prop plane crashes. I've always been interested in planes, and liked the program when I caught it here and there. Around Thanksgiving time, the Smithsonian Channel was airing back to back episodes for days on end. I set the DVR to record the series, and got well over 150 episodes. I watch a couple episodes here and there at night when nothing is on. Still have around 125 episodes on the DVR. It's very interesting.

@raggie33 ... Agreed, Married With Children, very funny. Kelly😍😍😍

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Golden girls I know there all deceased. But omg that was so damn funny . Every single one of them was funny there timing was so good there expression etc etc

Galane

Newly Enlightened
Yes! Midnight Special and Don Kirshners' Rock Concert. Both were pretty cool, as I recall. Around 1975, one of them is where I first saw Rory Gallagher, a British blues / rock guitarist, whom I'd never heard of, and could tell that he was really good. As a young guitarist - too young to drive, soon after, I took the bus to the local mall and bought his "Against the Grain" album. He's long since been one of my favs.

Always liked Seinfeld. One of the channels on Dish is running the reruns, 6 or 8 in a row on some nights. I've DVR'd a few of them.

Anyone watch "Air Disasters"? It's an hour long program that has been around for 15 or more years that details NTSB investigations of jetliner, helicopter, and major prop plane crashes. I've always been interested in planes, and liked the program when I caught it here and there. Around Thanksgiving time, the Smithsonian Channel was airing back to back episodes for days on end. I set the DVR to record the series, and got well over 150 episodes. I watch a couple episodes here and there at night when nothing is on. Still have around 125 episodes on the DVR. It's very interesting.

@raggie33 ... Agreed, Married With Children, very funny. Kelly😍😍😍

Do you remember the Discovery show on helicopters, called "Straight Up!"? It was a 1990's contemporary of their "Wings" show. Where each "Wings" episode was about one airplane, person, or company influential in the history of airplanes, "Straight Up!" did that for helicopters.

Trying to search for "Straight Up!" is hampered by there being some other short lived show by that title, having nothing at all to do with flying, helicopters or otherwise. At least the "Wings" comedy had a pair of pilots as main characters, though I don't recall ever seeing an airplane in it.

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
Do you remember the Discovery show on helicopters, called "Straight Up!"?
I do recall the Wings comedy, and watched it for a while, but I don't remember Straight Up, or a Wings documentary. There's one that I watch once in a while that's talks about certain prominent airplanes ... I think it's called Planes. It's usually pretty interesting.