What's your favorite pocket knife?

EsthetiX

Enlightened
For every day carry. (has to be small/comfortable in pocket).

I'm personally looking for something under/around $60 but all Price ranges welcomed.

I want something that will spring open and I like the looks of the kershaw scallion but its about 1/2 to 1 inch too small.

Last edited:

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What's your favorite pocket knive?

Victorinox Traveller Lite

traveller-lite.jpg

Also serves as a watch, alarm clock, thermometer, and altimeter.
And a flashlight.

(I wonder if anybody has tried modding the light in one of these)

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U

Emerson mini CQC-7B with wave & combo edge

Small, can take a serious beating and with the wave feature, it's like pulling a fixed blade out of your front pocket. But the styling is kind of agressive, so it might scare soccermom. And the chisel ground Tanto blade with combo edge is a bit of an aquired taste, but I find it quite easy to sharpen and very well capable of most everyday cutting tasks.

xdanx

Enlightened

Definitely my Titanium Hideaway Knife, it lives in pocket or on my neck. Second to that would be my Strider PT.

Last edited:

guntotin_fool

Newly Enlightened

Old buck odyssey 181 with the ats 34 blade. Bucks first attempt to go after spyderco's easy open hole in the blade. Hell for stout, long lasting edge on a tough blade in shape and size that is eminently useful without being frightful to the sheeple.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast

My Ken Onion design Kershaw Leek. Not on par with the the high $$ knives, but VERY good bang for the buck...and the "assisted opening" feature is so handy that it'll be a long time before I EDC a different pocket knife!

PJD

Hellz

Newly Enlightened

Queen Cutlery Canoe in D2 with Jigged bone scales. Lovely little knife, a real classic!

canoed2_2.JPG

Patrick

mauiblue

Newly Enlightened

My Chris Reeve Sebenza knife, Spyderco Manix, and my Kershaw Leek - yes I carry them all the same time.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,

Always changing, but you can find my Small Sebenza often near the top!
Yesterday in my jeans: Emerson custom CQC10
Day before in my tuxedo jacket: Microtech UTX70
Tomorrow in my pack: Benchmade 921 Switchback
daloosh

EsthetiX

Enlightened

xdanx said:
Definitely my Titanium Hideaway Knife, it lives in pocket or on my neck. Second to that would be my Strider PT.

Oh wow those hideaways are an interesting little piece. You get yers off hideawayknife website? Pricy little things... :)

xdanx

Enlightened

EsthetiX said:
Oh wow those hideaways are an interesting little piece. You get yers off hideawayknife website? Pricy little things... :)

Yes I did buy mine from the website. I originally got the $69 Utility version and liked it enough to buy the Titanium. The Utility is a great knife for the money, It has the hardest 440C I have seen.

carrot

Flashaholic
My favorite pocket knife is currently the Spyderco Caly3. It's very sharp and fits well in my hands. Excellent VG-10 steel and G10 handles. Here's a pic of it next to a few of my other newer toys.

312645044_7a9b630a92.jpg

Last edited:

bubbacatfish

Enlightened
I've been carrying my BM 630 everyday for months now & find it easy & comfortable to carry. Not small by a long shot but it is slim & just weighty enough to let me know it's there. Another favourite but one I haven't carried in ages is my Random Leek, small, sharp, fun to play with & an all round nice looking knife.

I have a hideaway utility but have never carried or used it, (stupidly) ordered the wrong size so it just sits in a drawer waiting for the day I find a giant that wants to buy it, damn slick knife too...

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spyderco Delica 3
Spyderco Endura 3
Benchmade 710 (more than $50)
Kershaw Leek
Strider SnG (way more than $50)
Chris Reeve Large Sebenza (way more than $50)

cheers

Sharpdogs

Enlightened
As of lately it has been my SAK Farmer and Buck 110. Past contenders have included the Benchmade Griptilian, Spyderco Delica, Native and Camillus Heat.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite would have to be my Buck Mayo TNT, but it is a bit out of the "around $60" price range, coming in at around $200 currently, althoug I got mine a couple of years ago for around $140 IIRC. The newish Buck Mayo Northshore is very similar however and is $60 instead of $200, has aluminum scales instead of titanium, and a liner lock instead of frame lock.

Closer to the $60 price range, my favorites would have to be my Benchmade Mini-Griptilian (model 555) and the Kershaw Scallion with aluminum scales. I have a Scallion with the poly handles as well, and it is a decent knife, but I prefer the more substantial feeling aluminum one instead.

-Keith