What's your ideal watch?

cal..45

Enlightened
well, for EDC i think my g-shock G-7900 does the job best. it is btw. the best overall g-shock i have ever purchased, and i have and had lots of them:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h299/cal45_2006/eca8cd1c.jpg

closely followed as great EDC watches are the two g-shock G-7710 models in my collection:

G-7710vsG-7710C-3ER010.jpg

if i'm outdoors or go for a run, my tech4o traileader jet is the one. it is simply the best ABC watch i have ever had (also had lots of them before) and its build-in accelerometer is so freaking accurate, you wouldn't believe:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h299/cal45_2006/02883611.jpg

as you can see, most of the time i wear digitals but sometimes i only want a watch that tells me the time, is analog and has outstanding legibility during day AND night. then my seiko SKZ247 (frankenmonster) comes into play:

SKZ247wristshotvonvorne.jpg

SKZ247lumedunkel.jpg

right now i have about 30-40 watches (too lazy to count right now) but the ones i showed are those with the most wristtime.

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

mon90ey

Newly Enlightened
These watches are all absolutely beautiful, and from ther looks of things very functional as well! Let's see more! :poke:

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't wear a watch when working. On a daily basis I wear my Tissot PRS-200. I absolutely love the look of this watch, I just wish it were a bit bigger. Evening outings I wear my grandfathers Longines.
71788371-260x260-0-0_Tissot+Tissot+PRS200+Chronograph+Mens+Watch+T17+1+.jpg

csa

Enlightened
I love my black Seiko monster. Surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet. SKX779K1

41q4XXxUapL._SS400_.jpg

mon90ey

Newly Enlightened
That Sinn U1000 is a nice watch, and that JSAR is HUGE! I reaslly didn't realize that watch was that big. I wonder how heavy it is? :confused:

stockae92

Enlightened
a wrist shot of PAW2000T

PAW2000T_wrist.jpg

My only real complain is the case/bracelet/attachment. The case (resin) doesn't really match the color of the bracelet (titanium) and the bracelet is a little narrow (20mm lugs, maybe 22mm in width after the lugs) for the case size.

This is my Pathfinder of choice right now. The new PRW5000 (should become PAW5000 for US market) doesn't sing to me too well because they strank down the LCD screen to make sure for the analog hands.

mon90ey

Newly Enlightened
Great shot, guys (and gals). Let's keep it going. This is interesting stuff! :wave:

Bierkameel

Newly Enlightened
That Sinn U1000 is a nice watch, and that JSAR is HUGE! I reaslly didn't realize that watch was that big. I wonder how heavy it is? :confused:
Jumbo 46.6 mm oversized stainless steel case (17 mm height, 22 mm lug width)
Stainless steel 316L water tight case with engraved back.
Weight is 159.6 grams (5.2oz)
Water resistant to 30 atmospheres (300m/1000 ft)
Scratch Resistant Sapphire Crystal
Screw down crown
This Dive Watch has the unique feature of using non-tritium MaraGlo technology for illumination.
Luminous Features are powered by MaraGlo inserts and appliqués.
Uni-Directional Elapsed Time Ring (60 minutes-120 clicks) with MaraGlo triangle at position 0

http://area61.nl/pics/albums/userpics/10001/JSAR.jpg
http://area61.nl/pics/thumbnails.php?album=17

Last edited by a moderator:

PapaGary

Newly Enlightened
My ideal watch? A Casio or Timex that costs less than $30. When the battery dies or the band breaks I throw them away. I guess I'm just not a jewelry kind of guy.:eek:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my Oris Titan "C" it is my most treasured watch, and hopefully in the near future I can get the Oris Titan Chrono :D

There is just something I love about Oris watches. The size, shape, saphire crystal, titanium, automatic... it's all just me really.

As my beater I rotate between either my G-Shock G-7710, or my Seiko Orange Monster.
I use my G-Shock when I want 24hour time, day, date and month immediately available to me, to save me from having to think or count.

Here is some eye candy :D

P3173364.jpg

P3173366.jpg

Mike V

Enlightened
I've been wearing this Seiko for a few years now:

snj005_largev1.bmp

I travel a lot so the world time and the alarm function gets a lot of use.

Only downside is I get the battery changed probably once a year.

I'm about to get a leather band for it like this:

Seiko_5376.jpg

RepProdigious

Enlightened
My ideal watch isnt a single watch, and it never could be!!!

For business i need a watch thats beautiful and matches my suit accessories like belt and shoes and such (currently got black, white, brown and tan themed watches for that)

For sports i need a watch thats rugged, waterproof and that hooks up to my heart monitor and keeps track of whats up...

For working on my car/garden/other hobbies i need a watch thats unbreakable (got 1 analog and 1 digital unbreakable atm)...

And as if that isnt enough, i also have a multimedia watch that hooks up to my phone so i can skip through my MP3s, change volume, read txt and mails and accept/reject calls and such without having to get my phone out of my bag.... And a couple that i just like for goo measure :wave:

So I kinda 'need' between 5 to 10 watches at any given time.... :grin2:

Darvis

Enlightened
Although I own a Marathon SAR and an Omega Seamaster, the watch I strap on more than any other is always the classic Seiko SKX007. I have a few of both the K and J versions, all on various Steel, Leather and Nato style straps. I just pick one based on my mood or mode of dress for the day; though my favorite strap is the solid link non-Seiko SS bracelet that can be found online with a set of solid end links... I'd dare say it's as good, if not better than, the Marathon SS strap.