Wheezing sound on turbo/strobe, how did you resolve it?

sonnix

Newly Enlightened
Bought a new Klarus G20, really love the light, trouble is the unit i have has an annoying wheezing sound on its turbo and strobe mode. It seems to come from the switch. It is not continues though, only a few second or so after turning it on then afterwards the annoying sound dies down. I tried to solder a wire on the spring (i am not an expert just tried some mod i saw being done somewhere here about resistance) lo and behold, the annoying sound is no more. Is this luck? As i said i am not an expert, i don't encourage or promote what i did, in fact i am posting this for the experts here if there is no eventual consequence on what i did with my flashlight. Here is what i did. Thanks.
C446C229-990E-4493-A9D2-868B03F23ED3_zpsnmvnwx1e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

terjee

Enlightened
Just a quick note; It's entirely possible that the wire didn't solve it, but rather the heat from soldering the wire. One possible source of issues like this is if there's a capacitor in the power supply that wasn't soldered correctly – had a bad connection – and that the heat from soldering the spring allowed the solder of the cap to reflow, solving the issue.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ill throw in here. I had the same issue on one of my G25C2 MkII's. I couldnt figure it out. Then I got a spray can of DeOxit D100 to properly clean my lights with. I cleaned out the problem light and the issue vanished.