where to find checked 5mW leadlight 110's?

BeKarim

Newly Enlightened
where to find checked 5mW leadlight 110\'s?

i saw lot of good feedback about abeland1 on the forum but it seems that he's not selling 110's (that's sad cause his "all-black" cases are very pretty).
if i can't find true 5mW 110's can i content myself whith one of his 105's? (i don't want having to shut the pointer off every minute to avoid overheating... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/au.gif)

thx for this forum that's really an great source of information /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Raccoon

Enlightened
Re: where to find checked 5mW leadlight 110\'s?

I don't think a 105 carries any less of a risk of overheating than a 110 does. I could be wrong, but I believe the determining factor is the output power of the laser. If you get a 105, simply tune it to output 5mW or less. If you want a more powerful laser, even the 110 won't save you from duty cycles.

xenophobe

Newly Enlightened

It all depends on crystal alignment really. Really efficient assemblies don't need as much electrical current to reach the 5mW 532nm output, and will stay cooler because the IR diode won't be pumped up so high.

Either way, for <5mW, it's probably not something you'll need to worry about.

abeland1

Enlightened

Atlasnova All-Black 110's will be in stock in two weeks. They have a green (not red) LED "ON" indicator will sell for $69.00 on the website.

Goldmagnet

Newly Enlightened

Hey Arnold.

Thats great, put me down for one. I will paypal you the money direct.

Do you have plans for a blue, maybe with a blue led /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gold

BeKarim

Newly Enlightened

great news!
what i exctly want is a true 5mW greenie with the lowest possible power consumption.
so what should i buy? 105 5mW, 110 5mW or 105 30mW tuned to 5mW?

abeland1

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
BeKarim said:
great news!
what i exctly want is a true 5mW greenie with the lowest possible power consumption.
so what should i buy? 105 5mW, 110 5mW or 105 30mW tuned to 5mW?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been working with Leadlight for some time to finalize my new 110's. I have received over 50 modules (what will be the insides) over the last six months. The last twenty are rock solid 4mw and the current draw is between 100 and 140 milliamps. Not too shabby.

Wyvern

Newly Enlightened

Also the leadlight 110's are much easier to mod than the 105's with a generaly more consistant higher output

Goldmagnet

Newly Enlightened

I agree 100% with Wyvern, last year I was sceptical but I have since modded four more 110s, all with better stability and higher output than the 105s.

Regards

Gold

abeland1

Enlightened

They are here. As a CPF special I will toss in a 650 red with every purchase (the first 50 only).

WKeasler

Newly Enlightened
I will toss in a 650 red with every purchase

Darn.... I wish I could have gotten in on that deal today!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLO

Just kidding Mr. B.... By the way, your wife sounds like a doll on the phone, Cute voice.

lasercrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: I will toss in a 650 red with every purchase

I'm interested in one of these new greenies. I still see the old ones for $79 on your site. How do I order a 110?

xenophobe

Newly Enlightened

I'll order a couple. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

abeland1

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
lasercrazy said:
I'm interested in one of these new greenies. I still see the old ones for $79 on your site. How do I order a 110?

[/ QUOTE ]

The new page and link to the shopping cart will take a few days. I the meantime, just use the:
"To pay for an eBay auction or special arrangements made by phone using major credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover), click here."

on the home page. Please don't forget the $8.00 for S&H&I within the United States. Registered Air Post to Canada is $16.00 and $21.00 elsewhere. You can also give us a call at 1-877-269-0174 or at 1-509-466-0789.
I know these shipping charges may seem a bit high but the ability to prove that a buyer did in fact receive an item is a necessity as was demonstrated recently. One thing to keep in mind is that these charges do not increase with the number of items that you order.

Raccoon

Enlightened

I'm rather concerned about the green power-on LED. It's one thing for the laser to direct a beam of green light into the [darkness] and quite another to shine green light back at your face via indicator LED.

Are you sure red wouldn't be a better choice for an astronomer's night vision?

Also, what order number would you like CPF'ers to enter when ordering one of these? "CPF Special 110+Red"?

abeland1

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Raccoon said:
I'm rather concerned about the green power-on LED. It's one thing for the laser to direct a beam of green light into the [darkness] and quite another to shine green light back at your face via indicator LED.

Are you sure red wouldn't be a better choice for an astronomer's night vision?

Also, what order number would you like CPF'ers to enter when ordering one of these? "CPF Special 110+Red"?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like the "on" indicator either. The first samples I received had a red LED and I asked them to change it to a green. This indicator LED is a new requirement for all green pointers as well as the negative feedback circuit (APC) that sets the power output at 5mW. This is the way it is going to be for all greenies in the future. My "ACC cpf special $79" is three times the power, but they will not be around much longer. For astronomy use the solution would be a little piece of black tape. Keep in mind that the power level of these is set at a level that will make them useful for astronomy purposes only in places with high humidity. As far as modifying them is concerned, Leadlight tells me that they have been told to make this as difficult as possible for people to do and they have complied to this request to the best of their ability. What my customers do in the privacy of their own homes is completely up to them and I would not have it any other way. That being said, if you take it apart, you have ended your warrantee. There will be no more "cherry picking" of greenies. Washington chopped down the tree.

Raccoon

Enlightened

Time for a blitz buy. I'll have to talk our club into budgeting another few lasers in the very near future.

Though I don't agree with Leadlight's move. This regulatory request is certainly unconstitutional of the USg, and need not be observed. It would be like forcing automobile manufacturers to integrate a governor fixed at 55MPH into the engine block of every car world wide.

Perhaps you could communicate this to someone at Leadlight willing to tell Big Bro to ****-off.