Which knife do you edc???

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Well, this thread's been going so long, I've changed EDCs. The small sebbie is out and the Strider PT is in. Except, it has blade play and rattles if you shake it hard. I understand that's not the norm, may need to send it to M. Strider. (I got it used.)

daloosh

cdf

Enlightened
daloosh, if playing with the pivot doesn't cure it , send it to the spa . Mine is very tight .

cdf

Enlightened
dsloosh , I assuming you are talking about play and rattle in the locked position ? I love my PT , deffinatly a sweet EDC .

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
No quality knife at any price point should have any side to side play when locked up. There should not be any play up and down either, since that is against the lock mechanism (and that might cause the lock to fail). Some knives allow you to adjust the play, but none should wobble when you try to lightly flex the blade in the locked position either up and down or side to side.

If a knife is too tight when new out of the box, try playing with it a bit since some might loosen. However, a few drops of Greased Lightning or wax based lube should help. If not, send it back for service. A good knife company won't charge you.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Yes, cdf, if you open the PT and shake it, you can actually hear it rattle, or if you jog holding it, you can feel it. It works fine, but like chmsm sez, at this kind of cash, it shouldn't do this. I plan to send it back for a looksee and an adjustment. Bad luck, I guess.

daloosh

Jefff

Enlightened
Well I have changed my EDC knife again.. this ones a keeper for a while.. Orginal M16-04 AUS-8 plain edge tanto with aluminum scales.. This thing is a beast of a knife when open and razor sharp .. I can't really even tell it is there when riding in the front pocket... not near as big or bulky as I had thought.. anyway thanks for having cool threads like this
picture011wince3hs.jpg

picture009wince0op.jpg

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Hey lolittle, nice to see ya here, bitten by the torch bug, huh?

Welcome to CPF, and why dontcha stay awhile!

I've been waiting for the seller to contact me about what he's tried with it, but no answer. Will contact Strider next.

daloosh
PM sent

Jefff

Enlightened
Ok here is my latest toy.. err tool I mean ..
Buck Strider Military Folder SBMF Tan scales..
I really like this knife..
I did the tiger stripes myself last night..
picture0514bc.jpg

It is part of my permnant EDC rotation along with my CRKT M16-04 and M21-04

vhyper007

Enlightened
To each and everyone,
I notice a lot of people edc knives which, in and of itself, is neither good nor bad. A knife is a useful tool to have handy.

I can't help wondering how many of you have taken the time to learn or train on how to use one as a weapon.

Jeff Cooper (no introduction necessary) once said words to the effect that anyone can have a Stradavarius but that don't(sic) make him a violin player. He applied it to CCW of handguns but it is equally applicable to knives.

It is worth the time and effort for those who do carry to take the time to learn what they are doing if they ever need to pull one when the proverbial poop hits the fan.

Written out of care for fellow CPFrs.
Regards,
vhyper007

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
vhyper007 said:

It is worth the time and effort for those who do carry to take the time to learn what they are doing if they ever need to pull one when the proverbial poop hits the fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to learn something like this but the odds are that I would learn it and then forget it again by the time I ever had to use it.

I really only carry a knife for utilitarian purposes. I have no interest in ever pulling a knife on someone defensively.

rfdancer

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to preface this posting by saying that I never planned on carrying so many knives (or flashlights) at one time.
They've all been acquired one at a time and then I finally set them up so that I can't walk out of the house without having at least one knife and one flashlight on my person. I really HATE not having either one of them when I need it.

EDC:
1. Hideaway Titanium Straight and a Photon Freedom - neck carry 24/7 (so I can even wear it in the shower when I'm traveling).
2. Utility Hideaway and an ARC AA - Attached to my keychain (I use the Hideaway finger capsule to carry my keys and it allows instant access while heading for the car.
3. Hideaway 230sv straight - the sheath is worn on the inside of my belt so it's almost impossible to lose but still easy to get to.
4. Benchmade AFCK and Longbow in front pockets.
5. Small MOKI mk-921 that Spyderco used to sell years ago (2" blade so I can use it in front of non-knife people without having them get freaked out).
5. Spyderco Police model and a Mr. Bulk's VIP on my Maxpedition "man-purse".

The hideaways are primarily for SD while the AFCK and the MOKI are for more mundane tasks.

I don't have any pictures of the Hideaways but if you're not familiar with them you can go to www.hideawayknife.com for a look.

All of the above (excluding the VIP and the Spyderco Police model) weigh in at a little less than 1 pound which makes edc pretty easy.