Who's taking over at Home Depot?

markr6

Flashaholic
It also appears they're revamping the stores, eliminating the customer service counters in favor of stations with terminals.

I think they got rid of those since they were known to cause cancer.

markr6

Flashaholic
My Home Depot has some Philips, store brand, GE and the newest Cree. The Cree are more like all the Chinese brands on Amazon now - similar to an oldschool bulb with just a little piece of white at the bottom to house the electronics. 3-way, 75w and 100w equivalents are larger, but seem to be slightly shorter than A21.

They are in white boxes, nice packaging IMO. I bought a 3-way to test. ALL of these say 90> CRI, so I was thrilled. I got home, put it in the 3-way lamp:

1. Only one mode worked.
2. It was YELLOW!!!!! Nasty for a 2700K especially compared to my 2850K GE Reveal LED. So another good reminder that high CRI means nothing if the tint is bad. I don't blame the CCT since it was so close to the Reveal. Just the overall tint. Junk! Very unfortunate since these were $3.97 for the 40w, 60 and up to about $7 for the 3-way. 75 and 100w were somewhere in between.

Sticking with my Reveal bulbs, as usual.

ssanasisredna

Enlightened
My Home Depot has some Philips, store brand, GE and the newest Cree. The Cree are more like all the Chinese brands on Amazon now - similar to an oldschool bulb with just a little piece of white at the bottom to house the electronics. 3-way, 75w and 100w equivalents are larger, but seem to be slightly shorter than A21.

They are in white boxes, nice packaging IMO. I bought a 3-way to test. ALL of these say 90> CRI, so I was thrilled. I got home, put it in the 3-way lamp:

1. Only one mode worked.
2. It was YELLOW!!!!! Nasty for a 2700K especially compared to my 2850K GE Reveal LED. So another good reminder that high CRI means nothing if the tint is bad. I don't blame the CCT since it was so close to the Reveal. Just the overall tint. Junk! Very unfortunate since these were $3.97 for the 40w, 60 and up to about $7 for the 3-way. 75 and 100w were somewhere in between.

Sticking with my Reveal bulbs, as usual.

If the CRI is 90, the tint by definition isn't "bad". To have good CRI you must be near the blackbody, which means you don't have "TINT".

It's 2700K versus the 2850 of the GE Reveal. That is actually a fair difference and quite noticeable. In addition the GE Reveal is a modified spectrum that while it has a 2850CCT, appears a bit higher.

markr6

Flashaholic
If the CRI is 90, the tint by definition isn't "bad". To have good CRI you must be near the blackbody, which means you don't have "TINT".

Exactly what I was getting at. CRI may have been 90, but the overall tint was yellow...no good. I have plenty of 2700 Cree TW bulbs which are nice and white, also at 2700K. They're still running, but no longer available.

My local Home Depot has the following LED lamps in stock. -
Philips - 115
EcoSmart - 106
Feit Electric - 46
Cree - 27
Meridian - 5
TOGGLED - 3

I purchased four of these at Home Depot yesterday. -

6GHTrER.jpg

There's nothing written on the package concerning their CRI. 2700K

They were $7.10 for each bulb. Not cheap, but I like the results. -

ZLHOfyk.jpg