Why buy anthing else

Delta447

Newly Enlightened
One thing I haven't seen mentioned is SF's warranty, which by itself must carry some value to it. It also makes them a relatively safe light to buy second hand. I've looked at some websites for other popular lights and see things like "Limited Lifetime Warranty", but not much on the particulars of the warranty. Also, an "unconditional" warranty is only good if the manufacturer is still in business when the warranty is needed. SF seems like a solid company given all the government contracts it has. Ever since joining this forum, my taste for SF's has somewhat diminished, mainly for the reasons mentioned above. There are smaller, brighter, cheaper, better designed flashlights for sale, so I find it more difficult to justify another SF purchase. However, I think I may be holding onto my favorite SF's, especially since they look like they can take a serious beating. And if they can't, I will be testing out SF's "If it breaks, we fix it" promise.1

trvc

Newly Enlightened
Once again thanks for all the information. I can see this is most certainly the place to acquire knowledge on illumination tools. Once all the Holiday expense is out of the way I will look into some other acquisitions and post my reviews .

:thanks: trvc

EsthetiX

Enlightened
Its like saying... "Why eat anything other than pizza?" or.. "why wear anything other than shorts", etc...

I have no interest in surefires.

people have different needs and preferences.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Other companies make some nice models that Surefire just doesn't.

Streamlight Keymate = Tiny, cute, excellent runtime, bright (especially the green-light version). Clip it anywhere, or put it on your keys.

EsthetiX

Enlightened
Monocrom said:
Streamlight Keymate = Tiny, cute, excellent runtime, bright (especially the green-light version). Clip it anywhere, or put it on your keys.

I have a silver one of those they're bitchen tiny little lights. They're claimed to be only 4 lumens but mine is rediculously bright. It outshines my L0P SE on high and that's supposed to be 30 lumens!