Will Fenix (Internal USB Rechargeable) 18650 fit Zebralights?

ven

Flashaholic
Which ZL are we taking about ? The later models require flat top high drain cells which are around 65mm. Protected cells and button top can add up to 5mm, even more with built in USB charging. The USB cells are also crazy expensive , best option is simply a $6 (ish) cell. Sanyo GA flat top 3500 mah. The light has built in protection so no need for any PCB.

steeps

Newly Enlightened
I haven't bought any ZL 18650 torches yet but I would like to get a headlamp and I thought it would be nice to be able to charge via built in USB while traveling. Fenix says they are 70mm long so I'm wondering if any knows if they fit into ZL's since ZL says up to 69mm on one of their headlamps. I'm just not sure how accurately either company has measured and if it will fit in real life?

swordfish2

Newly Enlightened
Nice feature for occasional users but its unlikely that they will fit some of the brands like Nitecore or zebralight given the increase in length.

terjee

Enlightened
Also, for travel use, check out Nitecore F1. It's a cheap any tiny charger, and can be used as a power bank. Pretty much solves the problem, and opens up your choices in battery.

steeps

Newly Enlightened
Also, for travel use, check out Nitecore F1. It's a cheap any tiny charger, and can be used as a power bank. Pretty much solves the problem, and opens up your choices in battery.

What do you think about the Nitecore F1 vs Olight Magnetic Charger?

8c5e9d8edc62d5c214a17e30b9cf2d39.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GUO1R7E/?tag=cpf0b6-20

e15cb3f709087ac33719d602f937f7a9.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M5KU97Q/?tag=cpf0b6-20

terjee

Enlightened
Personally I strongly prefer the F1, but some of that is usecase specific. I always EDC one, which not just charges the batteries, but let's me charge my phone from 18650s as well. It won't get tangled up and break that way as easily either.
Also, we've become an outdoorsy family, which makes me try to reduce the number of magnets on EDC equipment, due to risk to compasses.

I used to want the olight one, but then I thought about my usecases. I'm not saying "F1 is better", just "F1 was a better fit for us".

steeps

Newly Enlightened
Good thought regarding the compass. I just like how small the Olight magnetic one is for traveling. I guess the answer like most of us come to is to get both. I could EDC the F1 and travel with the Olight magnetic 😀

steeps

Newly Enlightened
Thank you, I will have to look into NIMH since I also have Eneloops.