windshield rain repeller, anything better then Rain-X?

jay_imok

Newly Enlightened
when i go through the car wash (yeah; i know....) i always ask the guy "what happens when the wax gets on my windshield?" and he says "it just washes off"

so now i wonder what makes it stick to the car?

best part is the bubble gum smell!

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
when i go through the car wash (yeah; i know....) i always ask the guy "what happens when the wax gets on my windshield?" and he says "it just washes off"

so now i wonder what makes it stick to the car?

best part is the bubble gum smell!

Wax on windshield doesn't wash off, it works sorta like rain repeller but not as good as rain-x.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI- Advance Auto parts has the Aquapel single applicators on closeout for $2.95 each. It looks to be nationwide as the 2.95 price is listed on their website.

I'm quite satisfied with the product. It lasts much longer than Rain-X, but I think the 6 month claim is optimistic. Three months seems to be more realistic, at least for me in South Florida.

Peter

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
i don't like this stuff, i just clean windows good, and clean wipers and replace them in time, i've been doing it for decade and never felt i needed any rain x stuff or alike.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I apply rain-x just prior to taking any trip. Keeping the car garaged negates needing to continually reapply it

Team Polarbear

Newly Enlightened
I've used RainX for years on my windshields of various cars and always found it worked well for a few months then got progressively worse. If I remembered to put on a coat of rainX every few months then things were OK. Matter of fact my windshield washer fluid is RainX brand just not sure how much RainX is really in it. My local Autopro shop is pushing Aquapel and I am still on the fence about it.

I have used RainX on the inside of the glass shower doors and I can say that the water really slides right off real good. Make sure to clean the glass real good of any soap or grime before applying.

Team Polarbear

TrueLine

Newly Enlightened
Similar experience with Rain-X - wears off in a few weeks. Never tried on shower door - good tip

bodhram

Newly Enlightened
Carlack68 is better IMHO. Lasts longer than rain-x, although is a little more difficult to apply (2 products instead of one)

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad someone resurrected this thread because I had the same experience, no matter how well you put it on it wears off in a week or two. I've started using the washer fluid with rain X in it when NAPA didn't have the plain old cheap stuff and found that using the washer/wiper to reapply it does work well.

Zardiw

Newly Enlightened
rain x is crap. There was some stuff called No Touch Rain Shield that was freaking MAGIC.

But they've killed it apparently.........it was just too good.

Anybody that's ever used it will confirm............you just sprayed it on .......rain or shine......turned on your windshield wipers and that was IT.

Good luck finding it. It's Unavailable everywhere.

Here's a search link fwiw: http://www.bing.com/search?q=No+Tou...=-1&sk=&cvid=0ff2ba9c6b1b4b399fb876b7cf97cbb0

I'm experimenting with homemade stuff now. Trying silicone and isopropyl alcohol

z

Just found this stuff that I bet is pretty good: http://www.rainclear.com/z

z

Last edited by a moderator: