Winter stove options. My preferred is White Gas.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
is it normal for ya gas bottle to get cold while stove is running and then the flame drops down?

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure why but the original reason for specifying white gas is that gasoline used to be leaded gas mucks up the systems in camping gear like lanterns and gasoline stoves! I would be curious if the current unleaded gas for autos could be used or if the "additives" would still gum up the works.

markr6

Flashaholic
is it normal for ya gas bottle to get cold while stove is running and then the flame drops down?

Yes. It's just what happens when the liquid gas turns into a gas. And depending on the ambient temperature and humidity, it can get covered in frost.

That's the problem with canister stoves. Even if you sleep with your canister or keep it in your pocket, it will still get cold after running for a while and the pressure will drop. In the winter I like to put the canister in a small cup of warm water which keeps it going 100% pretty much indefinitely.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Yes. It's just what happens when the liquid gas turns into a gas. And depending on the ambient temperature and humidity, it can get covered in frost.

That's the problem with canister stoves. Even if you sleep with your canister or keep it in your pocket, it will still get cold after running for a while and the pressure will drop. In the winter I like to put the canister in a small cup of warm water which keeps it going 100% pretty much indefinitely.

cool ty for advice