Wireless outdoor DVR security camera

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need a outdoor security camera that's completely wireless.
It needs to be motion-activated and record data to storage in the camera. I don't need any wireless to PC, or show the images remotely, just save the data to a flash card or disk. So that in case of a break-in, it can be analyzed, but it does not need to be viewed on a daily basis.

It needs to have IR LEDs so works in the dark.

I don't want to run the power cable wires (which will give it away) so has to run off a 12V battery pack.

Want it mounted on a tree close to the residence.

I found this, it looks good but not understanding if its 12V DC needs a power cable or can take a 12V battery pack, or either one. Will this work or are there any other better options. Under $200 if possible.

http://www.spytown.com/hawk-i-hawk-152vxircb.html

Completely Weatherproof 1/3" Color High Resolution Bullet Camera. Wirelessly Controlled, no external connections! 18 Infrared LED's, Camera sees up to 60 ft away in complete darkness outdoors! Auto Focus & Zoom. Comes complete with a Auto Iris 2.8mm –12mm lens. Smart LED's, which prevent blooming as the object comes nearer to the camera. 12V DC. On Screen Display allows flexibility to change different aspects due to the scenes illumination.

Key Features;

720 Lines of Resolution

2.8mm—12mm lens

Auto Focus

Zoom

Wireless Remote Control included

Auto Iris

Cable through the mounting bracket

Weather and Tamperproof

Adonis

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm this is good cameras but not a professional use like to make photography because of very low quality resolution and mega pixels these cameras are only use in offices and big companies for the security reasons and also for the labor who working in the firm ........

jacobt90

Newly Enlightened
I need a outdoor security camera that's completely wireless.
It needs to be motion-activated and record data to storage in the camera. I don't need any wireless to PC, or show the images remotely, just save the data to a flash card or disk. So that in case of a break-in, it can be analyzed, but it does not need to be viewed on a daily basis.

It needs to have IR LEDs so works in the dark.

I don't want to run the power cable wires (which will give it away) so has to run off a 12V battery pack.

Want it mounted on a tree close to the residence.

I found this, it looks good but not understanding if its 12V DC needs a power cable or can take a 12V battery pack, or either one. Will this work or are there any other better options. Under $200 if possible.

http://www.spytown.com/hawk-i-hawk-152vxircb.html

Hey, there are many other options, the most important aspect is the quality of the camera and as you rightly quoted about the price range, it does matters. The market is being very competitive, therefore we a s a user have variety of options. We just need to research through the market regarding views of the product. I would suggest a 4 channel DVR, 2 cams system.