Wishful Thinking

ThatPhotoGuy

Newly Enlightened
I have a suggestion for a light that you guys can pass along. As someone who doesn't subscribe to the "tacticool" mindset, I am constantly on the lookout for a light that starts out on low or moonlight so I don't blind myself, no strobe and a simple single button tail cap operation. I really love what you guys did with the LD11, it meets pretty much every need and is super simple to go through the modes once the light is turned on. That said I wouldn't mind something in an easier to hold larger form factor when size isn't an issue and accepting an 18650 cell for longer run times. Just food for thought for those of us who don't need a 1000 lumen strobe in day to day life.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im right there with ya. I still maintain that for a 2xAA light if they took a light like the E20 and put the UI from the HL35 in it as well as the neutral led it would be a perfect 2xAA light. I also like the idea of doing the same with an 18650 based light

PartyPete

Enlightened
I have a suggestion for a light that you guys can pass along. As someone who doesn't subscribe to the "tacticool" mindset, I am constantly on the lookout for a light that starts out on low or moonlight so I don't blind myself, no strobe and a simple single button tail cap operation. I really love what you guys did with the LD11, it meets pretty much every need and is super simple to go through the modes once the light is turned on. That said I wouldn't mind something in an easier to hold larger form factor when size isn't an issue and accepting an 18650 cell for longer run times. Just food for thought for those of us who don't need a 1000 lumen strobe in day to day life.
I think that's why I like the E12 so much, very simple design...tail switch controlled and 3 useful modes. Though, in the future moonlight modes would be nice on lights like this.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sent your "wish" to the Fenix engineers. We will post the reply if there is a message for you. Thanks for your thoughts!

ThatPhotoGuy

Newly Enlightened
Agreed. I got the LD11 for the 14500 compatibility for when I need a little more oomph, but I really hate having the strobe in the mix. And moonlight would be a fantastic addition to the E12. Now if we could take all that and put in a slightly larger 18650 body that would be about perfect for me as an around the house or car light.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix said thank you for all your suggestions. The engineers take your suggestions very seriously.

PartyPete

Enlightened
And moonlight would be a fantastic addition to the E12.

Definitely!

I think Fenix will eventually embrace it.

Both the UC01 and CL05 both have 1 lumen modes, I believe. Sooner or later it will make its way to the actual hand held lights.

In fact, I use the low modes on those lights frequently.