• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *WITHDRAW* Novatac 120P/T modded with USW0H, UCL lens, and GID O-rings!

whc

Enlightened
Re: FS: Novatac 85/120P/T modded with USW0H, UCL lens, and GID O-rings - New Prices!

BTW have ordered a new 120P that should ship out today, will do some testing with USV0H bin LEDs, to see if I will get the same results with that bin :).

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Novatac 85/120P/T modded with USW0H, UCL lens, and GID O-rings - New Prices!

BTW have ordered a new 120P that should ship out today, will do some testing with USV0H bin LEDs, to see if I will get the same results with that bin :).
If you have a moded one lying around you can do some side by side beamshots . I know theres some hesitation and a side by side comparison will clear some of it up.

Last edited:

whc

Enlightened

If you have a moded one lying around you can do some side by side beamshots . I know theres some hesitation and a side by side comparison will clear some of it up.
Jep will work on providing some beam shots, though wall shots often tends to focus on the hotspot, but the Novatac series has kind of a "week" hotspot, so it is more the overall output that is improved, the hotspot and spill, will se if I can take both some wall shots and some outdoor shots, where the ones outdoor is really where you can see the difference :D.

gostanova

Newly Enlightened

Jep will work on providing some beam shots, though wall shots often tends to focus on the hotspot, but the Novatac series has kind of a "week" hotspot, so it is more the overall output that is improved, the hotspot and spill, will se if I can take both some wall shots and some outdoor shots, where the ones outdoor is really where you can see the difference :D.

I think that's the final push I'd like to see. whc, who are you using for shipping?, I'm having a hard time finding any shippers that will get the light to you for less than US 45.00

whc

Enlightened

I think that's the final push I'd like to see. whc, who are you using for shipping?, I'm having a hard time finding any shippers that will get the light to you for less than US 45.00
I use postdanmark.dk. You can just ship it like a letter "First-Class Mail® International" is about $8, and usually receive letters faster two (from 3-6 days normally)...

cfromc

Enlightened

I am interested but I'd really like to know 100% that an 85T would have the same final output as a 120T, after the modifications. If the 85T on high puts less amperage to the emitter than I doubt that it will be as bright as a 120 would be after the modification. I guess the first question is: do both lights put the same power to the emitter on high?

Supernam

Enlightened

I'm not sure, but I doubt it. Where do you find SSC P4's that will put out only 85 lumens at the same current as another SSC P4 that will put out 120lm?

jcompton

Enlightened

postpics.gif

and by pics I mean beamshots of a modded 85 and modded 120.

Once beamshots have been posted, there will be a difinitive answer to whether or not the modded 85 performs just as well as the modded 120. Then the question is whether or not there will be a difference in runtime :ohgeez:

Last edited:

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am interested but I'd really like to know 100% that an 85T would have the same final output as a 120T, after the modifications. If the 85T on high puts less amperage to the emitter than I doubt that it will be as bright as a 120 would be after the modification. I guess the first question is: do both lights put the same power to the emitter on high?
It will be modding season on 85T and 85P Novatacs if this is confirmed.:naughty:

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast

It will be modding season on 85T and 85P Novatacs if this is confirmed.:naughty:
Lets hope season starts soon, we all know the increase for the 120T/P over the 85 is insane. I hate complicated UIs, but I really want to see if I can program one of these to my liking once, and never have to visit the programming again.

Ps... I'm a programmer.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast

Still waiting on the beamshots.....:whistle:

whc

Enlightened

Am just waiting for the new 120P to arrive so I can take some beamshots of a stock vs. my modded one, does not look like it will be today as I hoped, but maybe tomorrow :).

whc

Enlightened

Got the new 120P today, will work on the beam shots tonight when it gets dark :).

whc

Enlightened

Here are some beam shots, took a bunch but only a few came out good, since I did not use a tripod, and it is hard to hold the camera completely still when doing night shots, but here is the best ones.

Here are the Novatacs that I am using for these beamshots, left: the stock Novatac 120P, right: modded Novatac 120P
DSC04669.JPG

DSC04670.JPG

DSC04671.JPG

DSC04673.JPG

DSC04672.JPG

Left: Stock Novatac 120P, Right: Moded Novatac 120P
DSC04674.JPG

Left: Stock Novatac 120P, Right: Moded Novatac 120P, 2-stops underexposed
DSC04675.JPG

Left: Stock Novatac 120P, Right: Moded Novatac 120P
DSC04733.JPG

Left: Stock Novatac 120P, Right: Moded Novatac 120P, 2-stops underexposed
DSC04734.JPG

Stock Novatac 120P
DSC04723.JPG

Modded Novatac 120P
DSC04724.JPG

Stock Novatac 120P
DSC04730.JPG

Modded Novatac 120P
DSC04731.JPG

I used AW's Protected RCR123A for alle these beamshots...

Last edited:

elt1

Newly Enlightened

I purchased one of whc's modded 120Ps and have to say his work is A+. :thumbsup:
The body & head were perfect and the polished bezel he does makes the light look unique.

I didnt own a NovaTac before receiving his modded one so I didnt have anything to compare the two (modded vs unmodded), however I am very impressed with the beam. Its a huge amount of flood on high.

gostanova

Newly Enlightened

Good enough for me! Novatac 120T sent!
buttrock.gif

Also PM sent.

faiz23

Newly Enlightened

good job WHC hear comes the crazy flood of pm to your box and now you are set for modding for the next 2 months. Those are great pictures

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great beamshots :thumbsup: