Wizard / Wizard Pro. Multi-flashlights.

mc84

Newly Enlightened
Ordered one today, looking forward to this. Had a chance to test drive one last weekend while caving and it performed quite well. The UI is a little different at first but i got used to it quick. I decided i should own one:D

KarstGhost

Enlightened
Ordered one today, looking forward to this. Had a chance to test drive one last weekend while caving and it performed quite well. The UI is a little different at first but i got used to it quick. I decided i should own one:D

I think you will be pleased!

I've been using one of the earlier Wizards for caving for a couple years now and it's been the best caving head light I've had! I really like the there's no wires or battery packs to worry about and the run times are great for caving.

ArmyTek

Enlightened

Great! Share your thoughts with us. :)

Toolboxkid

Enlightened
After my wizard pro 90cri replacement came in I must say I am very pleased with this sample. I like the tint but went ahead and ordered a non pro warm wizard. Hopefully it's as nice as the last one!

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Poor guy's Viking doesn't work right and his Wizards also don't work right?

Pöbel

Enlightened
contact the Armytek service then. I think the wizzard is a great light - when it works. Had to replace mine 3 times. The 3rd light became problematic again and armytek offered a replacement (or refund!)again. So customer service is good, albeit slow due to shipping to and from china. Maybe I just had bad luck? I still think there is no better headlamp for my use.

I ended fixing the waterproofing myself by opening the Lens Cover and adding a 2nd O-Ring. Found a hughe metal chip wedged between the oring and glas, no wonder it was not waterproof. Yes, this voided my warranty - but I did so willingly instead of having to wait 4-6 weeks again.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
contact the Armytek service then. I think the wizzard is a great light - when it works. Had to replace mine 3 times. The 3rd light became problematic again and armytek offered a replacement (or refund!)again. So customer service is good, albeit slow due to shipping to and from china. Maybe I just had bad luck? I still think there is no better headlamp for my use.

I ended fixing the waterproofing myself by opening the Lens Cover and adding a 2nd O-Ring. Found a hughe metal chip wedged between the oring and glas, no wonder it was not waterproof. Yes, this voided my warranty - but I did so willingly instead of having to wait 4-6 weeks again.

The best warranty is the one you don't need. Isn't waterproofness a bragging point of this brand?

Pöbel

Enlightened
I absolutely agree and believe me, I am not happy about the whole thing. Unfortunately for me there is no better headlamp all things considered. I absolutely need the moonlight + extreme runtimes, the medium and high levels and all in a small package.

that is also why I decided to kiss the warranty goodbye and fix it myself.

FlashlightR

Newly Enlightened
Hi Pöbel, I also had 3 defect wizards.... In my opinion there are to many issues with the lights. For me no Armytek anymore. I now have a Zebralight H600w, a great light with very good runtimes, moonlight modes and good mode spacings. But... that's just my opinion. Good luck!

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I absolutely agree and believe me, I am not happy about the whole thing. Unfortunately for me there is no better headlamp all things considered. I absolutely need the moonlight + extreme runtimes, the medium and high levels and all in a small package.

that is also why I decided to kiss the warranty goodbye and fix it myself.

Reliability for me IS all things considered as without that nothing else matters but to each their own.

Pöbel

Enlightened
I agree again, with both of you. Should the light fail yet again than that is it.

So far it works as expected. Hope it stays that way. Reliability is very important, but I'm still willing to give the wizard the benefit of the doubt in spite of my less then optimal experiences.

mc84

Newly Enlightened
Great light for caving, been using a borrowed from a friend until mine comes in the mail. It's been over 30 days since it was shipped. No tracking updates past day 5. Emailed customer support with no reply, tried calling also no luck there. Poor customer support by my experience thus far. Item is shipped from China, address on invoice is from Ontario Canada, call back number is registered in New York and Minnesota. Just a minor rant about customer support or the lack off.

chadvone

Enlightened
Does the pro have voltage indication in the special mode group ?

Can state indication be turned on all the time ?

Can state indication be turned off completely?

ArmyTek

Enlightened
Does the pro have voltage indication in the special mode group ?

Yes, it does.

Can state indication be turned on all the time ?

No, it can't. It is switched off by default in OFF-state and Firefly modes.

Can state indication be turned off completely?

Yes, it can. To turn on and off: unscrew the tailcap to 1/4, press the button and holding the button pressed - tighten the tailcap and then unscrew it again. The settings will be memorized even when battery is changed.

chadvone

Enlightened
My Wizard Pro has state indication in off state. So can be turned on completely.

When I turn it off it still gives 3 flashes. So it can't be turned off completely.

chadvone

Enlightened
I do not believe there is anything wrong with my pro model. Think maybe just language xonfusion .

I used this last night and I loved it. Main 1 was plenty for woods. At a good speed. Heather had a Zebralite. Now she wants Wizard.