Work wear

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
I'm looking for a good leather jeans belt.
Roller buckle preferred. Nothing fancy, but I'd like something a bit substantial.
Suggestions?

Each Mothers Day my wife attends a craft show where a vendor makes custom 1-1/2" belts. You pick the pre-tanned strip, and buckle. They punch the holes and install the buckle with screws while you watch. $20.

Haven't seen that, in my neck o' the woods.

I've got a couple of this guy's great belts, though: Armour Belts. Got them back when the price was $60. They're up more than 50% since then. Isn't $20, but they last practically forever. Got to love really good belts.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Belts with rollers need to be made of seamless tubing or they will pull apart...

Hard users like @kerneldrop knows exactly what I'm talking about

IMG_20231127_093159092.jpg

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wear a hanks steel core belt. No sag.
The steel core helps when one carries large and heavy.

It's not comfortable but it's built for purpose not pleasure.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I wore a new Carhartt polar fleece lined shirt jacket with hood today. Now as much as I try to like Carhartt it was a drag to see all kinds of loose threads. It's why I like those new kids on the block. Now maybe they too will cut corners someday but Carhartt is supposed to be the best. With all of the competition they have now it would be in their best interest to spend a little more on quality control.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Kore Essentials ratcheting Gun Belt...never had a Kore slip on me. You cinch it in. It stays put.
This is an incredible belt and may never buy anything else again!

Funny story, I put it around my waist really quickly before going to an appointment, and couldn't take it off again! So I tightened it a little more and pulled it up and hid it under my t-shirt for the next several hours.

These Kore belts are the best belts ever made for any belt carry purposes!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
These Kore belts are the best belts ever made for any belt carry purposes!
True. And their customer service is some of the best I've ever experienced. Absolutely excellent. Though forced to admit, from experience, their gun-belts are best used with small and lightweight firearms. Definitely not suitable for a big and heavy L-Frame S&W or something similar along those lines.

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
Carhartt #A18 Watch Cap (beanie) -- Picked up one of these, recently. Just warm enough, and the long cuffed design comes down nicely over the neck and ears when it gets frigid. "Only" acrylic, but it's a fairly dense weave. Nice little unit, during winter, without being too much hat.

(y)(y)

Poppy

Flashaholic
I have one of these carhartt hats with a built in face mask. It is comfortable and warm, but the face mask doesn't fold neatly into the hat, so it feels a little like you have a crumpled mess on top of your head when it is tucked in. Not terrible, but it doesn't give that warm cuddled feeling.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hard Yakka heavy cotton drill cargo pants, great in the colder months but almost intolerable in summer and a polyester short sleeved shirt (I preferred the cotton).

Not fond of the cold/wet weather jackets but they are adequate, unless it's really cold I don't bother with a jacket at all.

Remaining cold weather gear is up to the individual (we supply our own), Thinsulate products have performed well over the years although I do have a well worn pair of Hatch gloves.

Belts & boots and a commodity that constantly need replacement at least yearly but I've had the same 2" duty belt since 2006 and still going strong 🤣

Last edited: