• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTB: modamag 8aa battery holder for maglite

spc

Enlightened
Looking for one of the old 8aa holders for a 2d maglite. Maybe someone has a stash of old m@g modding stuff. Thanks

Last edited:

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe Fivemega at one point made a very nice AA adapter for mags. Maybe he can help with construction and dimensions.
There's also those cheap plastic adapters from Asia, each holds 4 AA. The batts pop in fairly easy, well at least the first three do. After you get all 4 installed, good luck removing without damaging battery case.
I sent them "Whizzotech" back to Amz.. Whatever the brand, they all appear to be the same item from CH

fulee9999

Enlightened
is this for going AA lithium or nimh rechargeables in a mag? because otherwise the half/third capacity sounds really bad

fulee9999

Enlightened
huh and it is... I always figured it's a lot more, but I checked the actual data sheets for the L91 ( AA ) and the E95 ( D cell ) and the math checks out

spc

Enlightened
I have an old Solarc 12v ballast. I'm putting a hid maglite together, runs on 8aa alkalines. I could probably modify those cheep 4aa adapters, but I like the old modamag and FM adapters

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Do note that the combination of maglite's narrow bore and modern NiMH AA's larger diameter than alkalines makes for a jacket-nicking fit with a 4xAA>>1xD adapter.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have few different colors of 3x16650, tri bored, M*g 1.5D, shortened/rethreaded 2D M*g, outside barrel machined for better grip, machined head for better look, installed 10W Welch Allyn HID and FM superior 3x16650 battery holder. Completely deanodized, highly polished and reanodized. Aluminum reflector and Borofloat lens are optional and available.
If anyone is seriously interested, please PM me.
Bump for OP and good luck for your 8AA battery holder.

Hi

I didn't think 3x 26650 can squeeze into a D cell tube..
3x16650 will fit in tri bored 1.5D
3x26650 will fit in 3.5D M*g

bj3GU1j

Last edited: