• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTB Okluma DC1

intake_monk

Newly Enlightened
They'll never be in stock. It's not his business model.
There's a lotto where someone wins the right to buy one DC0 light.
Jeff is a nice guy and his lights are nice...i'm just not into the thrill of the seek. I want to buy and start using.
If you want an exotic light you can be added to the list and eventually, an exotic light is shipped.
Those are the only new lights okluma hard-users are getting.

I support folks like Laulima.... he's a real machinist turning out high-volume product with excellent customer service.
He's not machining rainbow unicorns to appease his fanbase. Prometheus has nice lights, too, just limited options.
My only gripe with Prometheus is that they sell things in hypebeast style drops. I'd rather just give him his asking rate now to get a copper delta and wait for for a few months for production. As it stands I either miss the window (the triple shorty alpha was sold out in less than 20 mins on Thursday), or the window comes around when I don't have funds. Complaint aside, I do understand the model and how it drives consumer demand via exclusivity and urgency, I'm glad he's still able to make these lights today. I got into the flashlight hobby only a few months ago, and several of the vendors I saw recommendations for (MBI, TnC, LensLight, Max Customs to name a few) are no longer in business. The market seems to be shifting away from premium lights and toward disposable sub $30 lights from overseas and I can't help but wonder if a little bit of exclusivity and marketing could have saved some of these premium brands?

Last edited:

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
... I can't help but wonder if a little bit of exclusivity and marketing could have saved some of these brands?

Most of the custom makers have other jobs that pays more than lights.
TnC runs a high-end machine shop and that's his first priority.
I've heard direct from TnC that he'll put $400 of metals and machining into a light and only be able to sell it for $425.

Prometheus outsources its machining.

You can get an Oveready stainless Boss 18650 right now.

If you like the Alpha Shorty look, then check out Yellowday energy.
His site isn't current so you'll have to check out his facebook page.

intake_monk

Newly Enlightened
Most of the custom makers have other jobs that pays more than lights.
TnC runs a high-end machine shop and that's his first priority.
I've heard direct from TnC that he'll put $400 of metals and machining into a light and only be able to sell it for $425.

Prometheus outsources its machining.

You can get an Oveready stainless Boss 18650 right now.

If you like the Alpha Shorty look, then check out Yellowday energy.
His site isn't current so you'll have to check out his facebook page.
Thanks for sharing that info about TnC. That aligns with my understanding of the market's unfortunately low valuation of lights. I'll never understand how other brands have 3 channel titanium/copper lights for sub $70? Child labor or something?

For Prometheus, do they outsource their main line lights too? I was under the impression that only the foursevens brand was outsourced?

I might be dancing on the hypocrite line with what i said at the top of this post, but Oveready and their Boss...I just don't see $650 of light there. Now I'm relatively new to the space, so I could be totally off - but compared to the Delta, the Boss has an aux channel, and a stainless bezel, but for $300 more... what else am I missing here?

I will absolutely check out Yellowday Energy when they allow me into their closed FB group, thank you for the recommendation!

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Foreign titanium and copper is not pure.
The tubes are also much thinner.
The machining is rough.

I have to correct what I said about Prometheus— their alpha, delta, and the more expensive beta are machined in house

Boss is 18650 and has a Luxrc driver.
Some value that, some don't.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Foreign titanium and copper is not pure.
The tubes are also much thinner.
The machining is rough.

I have to correct what I said about Prometheus— their alpha, delta, and the more expensive beta are machined in house

Boss is 18650 and has a Luxrc driver.
Some value that, some don't.
Just an overall opinion, sorry if I'm getting off topic, but what do you think about Reylight and his Ti, copper, and brass lineup? I'm not a fan of Chinese whatsoever ( one reason why I came to CPF and abandoned that s***hole Reddit), but he's about the only one I will buy from. His CS and products IMO are very nice

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just an overall opinion, sorry if I'm getting off topic, but what do you think about Reylight and his Ti, copper, and brass lineup? I'm not a fan of Chinese whatsoever ( one reason why I came to CPF and abandoned that s***hole Reddit), but he's about the only one I will buy from. His CS and products IMO are very nice

Funny you mention Reylight because I was going to mention it when I saw moonlight and dual fuel posted earlier.

Excellent driver. Most of my mods use the Reylight AA driver. The moonlight is a nice option, and dual fuel.

The AAA is really long, but that's what's required for the driver to handle dual fuel.

His AA has a nice reflector, and funny part is Okluma folks are using the Reylight driver, pull and reflector in their Okluma light. Lol

I'm not picky on metals so I opt for the cheap aluminum.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own quite a few of the pineapple minis and honestly, it's one of the best lights I've used considering the UI is awesome IMO. Options for different metals, tritium slot, choice of LEDs when purchased through Jlhawaii.com (awesome dude BTW) everything on the light is replaceable, duel fuel, clip is very thick and sturdy, and they are just simple well built lights

bhutch324

Newly Enlightened
For all those crying, I purchased a DCO and a DC1 in a one, almost two month span. Waiting around for an email for a product in high demand by many willing to actually put the footwork in is hilarious. To OP, best of luck in your search but I see an Okluma selling almost daily on fb. You'll have much better luck elsewhere
489FA7E4-F5CF-40E6-91B0-A374E5E25F1C.jpeg