• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: K50vn

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is the successor, in the sense that it's bigger, and throws more. That said, the K40 is also a fantastic light, and for most people 400kcd+ of throw is more than they will ever need, but in a much smaller package.

Here's the thread regarding the K40: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...e-K40vn-Thrower-(New-Batch)-150-No-Box-Option

Just email Vinh, and he'll have either of the lights out to you pretty fast (usually, if he has them in stock his turnaround time is absurd in terms of speed).

Personally I have, and love both lights. K50vn is in my car, the K40vn by my door.

hikingman

Enlightened
My meter may be "under reading" but it is all relative. I never get readings higher than 4.18 from any of my chargers, so who knows. So, given that, my 4 cells on K50 read as:

I marked the 4 places on carrier and will check if the lowest charge level always occurs at same position(s) in the same fashion as it does on X60vn. All 4 cells were brand new Keep Power 3400 protected that were all at 3.6 volts. I'll make several runs and report back.

Dave

I ran a second test after using light a long time and recharged, but first I moved the batteries around to different positions in carrier. Results of the internal charging were identical with the same carrier position producing the "low" 4.11

Dave

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ran a second test after using light a long time and recharged, but first I moved the batteries around to different positions in carrier. Results of the internal charging were identical with the same carrier position producing the "low" 4.11

Dave

That seems acceptable. I am going to let mine run a few more charge/discharge cycles before I test and chime in with the results.

zebraa

Newly Enlightened
I didn't see any noted runtimes here in the thread so I was going to do my own test here for anyone who was curious. I tested Level 4 last night and am testing level 6 right now (it's sitting on my porch in the cool Nova Scotia air for cooling, seems to be staying just warm to the touch but not hot so far). I am testing using 4 x 3400 mAh fasttech Panasonic protected cells.

Level 3: ?

Level 4: 3.5 hours til orange

Level 5: 1.5 hours til orange, another 10 mins runtime before step down.

Level 6: 50 minutes - orange, blink red and step-down at 55 mins. Let light recover for 60 seconds and continuing run at setting 4, I suspect there is still significant battery capacity but the high drive level is causing a voltage drop.

Level 5 looks visually identical to me to level 6 so it seems obvious to use level 5 if runtime is a consideration at all.

Thanks!!!

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks!!!

No prob, I will also test Level 3 soon. Even level 3 is pretty capable for most sub 400 meter applications. It has very similar output and throw to the max mode on my Armytek Predator 2.5.

Edit: Tested Mode 3, ran for a bit over 10 hours before hitting orange. Then red and drop output 20 minutes later.

Last edited:

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks from me, too Wiggle for those run times. Very helpful!

No problem at all. Here they are organized into a slightly neater format:

runtimes_zps30f6cdc6.png

Level 5 and 6 look so similar I would say to use Level 5 over Level 6 purely for the runtime advantage. Mode 3 is still very bright for most purposes and can run all night :)

My entirely unscientific guess is that L5 and L6 are both between 1500 and 2000 lumens, L4 is around 1000 lumens and L3 is around 500 lumens.

Last edited:

tallyram

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the runtimes!! I would have to say that level 3 is what I usually end up using most of the time. It's nice knowing that level 3 offers such a nice gain in runtime with those numbers. I have also wondered what the lumen and runtime difference between level 5 and 6 was. Based on your tests, I think that level 5 will get more use when I need full performance! Can't justify the very small performance increase over the extra runtime.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, the difference in output between level 5 and 6 on mine is barely noticeable and I am not even completely sure there is any. I think it would take a lux meter to know for sure but at least I know from your results that there is a runtime gain with level 5.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I got new tweaks that will make the top two mode more well spaced now. All PD35vn from now on will get this tweak.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ran my light until the battery indicator was red. After charging, the cells were as follows - 4.18, 4.18, 4.17, 4.14. I took them all out and did not pay any attention to which position they were in. Those results are close enough for me not to worry about it and the convenience of charging the batteries in the light is still worth it to me. Those are very small differences and none of them are over-charged so that is also a good thing in my mind.