• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: P60 Drop in Light Engine

alfchan

Newly Enlightened
Re: DROP INS D26 P60 Dropn Ins All Copper Bonded PCBs even XP-G2s, MT-G2 ;-)

Hi Wayne

If I send you an AA driver can you build a P60 drop in for me please.

XP-G2 Neutral
LOP Reflector
International USPS First Class

Please let me know if $45 + $5 is enough to cover the cost.

Thank you.

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast

Start Looking. :) I originally got them at manafont

I've looked and looked but can't find shallow reflectors. I was wondering if you could custom-cut one which is how the one I originally posted was created, like this:

I realize the P7 is a much larger emitter than an XM-L but even if there's some was space around the emitter I won't mind, I just want that SUPER wide spill. I have a drop-in from you that I LOVE that I could send to you for you to attempt this mod and if you screw it up you can just put on a new reflector and I'll pay you whatever you think is fair...thanks!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Looks good

Hi Wayne

If I send you an AA driver can you build a P60 drop in for me please.

XP-G2 Neutral
LOP Reflector
International USPS First Class

Please let me know if $45 + $5 is enough to cover the cost.

Thank you.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Yah we can give it a shot.

I've looked and looked but can't find shallow reflectors. I was wondering if you could custom-cut one which is how the one I originally posted was created, like this:

I realize the P7 is a much larger emitter than an XM-L but even if there's some was space around the emitter I won't mind, I just want that SUPER wide spill. I have a drop-in from you that I LOVE that I could send to you for you to attempt this mod and if you screw it up you can just put on a new reflector and I'll pay you whatever you think is fair...thanks!

jaycyu

Enlightened

Do you have the new red XP-E2 in stock?
If not, when and can you get some?

I'm planning to throw a dedomed red in a SolarForce M3 bezel, which I suspect the beam won't be perfect but will still collimate.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Do you have the new red XP-E2 in stock?
If not, when and can you get some?

I'm planning to throw a dedomed red in a SolarForce M3 bezel, which I suspect the beam won't be perfect but will still collimate.

I only haev the old red XPE in stock. I cna get it if you give me a link.

jaycyu

Enlightened

I only haev the old red XPE in stock. I cna get it if you give me a link.
I see. I'm just checking availability.
Googling "Digi-key.com" then in its search bar type "xp-e2 red" seems to produce a list of results. I really don't know about buying LED parts. I can shell out for 1-2 extra reds for you to test for the optimal current if you want. Last time I asked, you said the first-gen XP-E maxes out at 2A on copper.

TnC rolled out the first of a series of user-programmable drivers; I'm waiting to see its modibility. I'm still rolling around my options.
If I do finalize on a M3 bezel, do I buy it and have SolarForce send it over to your place, so you can center the LED? (Standard P60 pills simply screws into the M3 according to this thread, so this shouldn't count as a mod job which you're taking a break from > <").

Edit: "farnell.com" also has XP-E2 Red I think, but it's in the UK instead of the US.
Edit2: I'll get the Red XP-E2 myself, and ship it to you then.

Last edited:

Freaker

Newly Enlightened

You wouldn't happen to have any warm XML2 LED's would you?

Do you have any de-domed 5000k XML2 LED's right now? I want to see how the color temperature compares to domed 5000k.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

You wouldn't happen to have any warm XML2 LED's would you?

Do you have any de-domed 5000k XML2 LED's right now? I want to see how the color temperature compares to domed 5000k.

I think 5000K will be here on Tuesday

ipreferpie

Newly Enlightened

Hi Wayne,

I'm thinking of doing a setup for photography and am wondering what you think of the following for a P60 dropin:

-Triple XM-L2 (should all 3 LEDs be hi CRI or a mix?)
-5,840 mA
-hidden blinkies
-wide OP reflector for more flood
-3-18v (I'll be using it with 1 to 3x26650)
-would you recommend dedoming for photography?

Thanks in advance!

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Wayne,

I'm thinking of doing a setup for photography and am wondering what you think of the following for a P60 dropin:

-Triple XM-L2 (should all 3 LEDs be hi CRI or a mix?)
-5,840 mA
-hidden blinkies
-wide OP reflector for more flood
-3-18v (I'll be using it with 1 to 3x26650)
-would you recommend dedoming for photography?

Thanks in advance!

I'm pretty sure that Vinh doesn't do multiple emitters with optics. So a triple would have to be a "mule" which has no hotspot or anything, just a wall of light.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Triple mules are actaully what u want for photography

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yah we can give it a shot.

On second thought, I'd love another P60 from you. Would you mind trying to cut a reflector down for extra-wide spill and see if you can make it work? I think the RoomSweeper has about 100°-110° spill for a reference point.

If you can make it work, here are the details I'd like:
XM-L2 5000k, L-M-H, no mode memory with High at ~5A, OP reflector.

I can send you the money up front (whatever you think is fair) or wait and you can tell me how much extra trouble ($) trimming the reflector is and send you the money once you've gotten it put together...how would you like me to handle?

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I don't think I can cut down a P60 reflector. I think the reflective coating will peel...

On second thought, I'd love another P60 from you. Would you mind trying to cut a reflector down for extra-wide spill and see if you can make it work? I think the RoomSweeper has about 100°-110° spill for a reference point.

If you can make it work, here are the details I'd like:
XM-L2 5000k, L-M-H, no mode memory with High at ~5A, OP reflector.

I can send you the money up front (whatever you think is fair) or wait and you can tell me how much extra trouble ($) trimming the reflector is and send you the money once you've gotten it put together...how would you like me to handle?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

May I suggest just using a shallow OP reflector and applying some diffuser tape?

With diffuser tape you would want smooth reflector for max OTF

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast

May I suggest just using a shallow OP reflector and applying some diffuser tape?

That would be perfect but the problem is that neither Vinh or myself can source shallow P60 reflectors...do you know where to get them?

I'm looking at modding a Maglite Mini to accept a P60 pill (by boring out the head) and then using the mag mini reflector but cut it so that it's very shallow. This would work great except that the reflector is plastic.

Vinh, I have one of your XM-L drop-ins at 4.5A (2.5V-6V) that I run on either 1x18650 or 2xIMR16340...if I put it in a 2xAA maglite mini could I run it on either 2x14500 or 2 Eneloops?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

2*16340 = 8.4V. I am surprised something is not fried. .....
That would be perfect but the problem is that neither Vinh or myself can source shallow P60 reflectors...do you know where to get them?

I'm looking at modding a Maglite Mini to accept a P60 pill (by boring out the head) and then using the mag mini reflector but cut it so that it's very shallow. This would work great except that the reflector is plastic.

Vinh, I have one of your XM-L drop-ins at 4.5A (2.5V-6V) that I run on either 1x18650 or 2xIMR16340...if I put it in a 2xAA maglite mini could I run it on either 2x14500 or 2 Eneloops?

Thanks!

jaycyu

Enlightened

Hi,
Do you need the SolarForce M3 head in your hands to center a LED on a pill for it?
Is the P60 pill from FastTech a standard form that's the same as SolarForce's?

thx

Last edited: