• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTS: Rare McGizmo proto

Stoneking

Enlightened
Wish I saw this sooner, I've wanted this light since the last sales thread! : (

jmoyat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS:/ LOST!!! Rare McGizmo proto

So, unfortunately, my big plans for this light has turned into a true nightmare: light is now LOST.
--> back in February, our dear friend DatiLED (Derek) reached out to me and offered to upgrade the emitter, no charge, an offer I couldn't refuse.
Just the idea of modernizing it was too exciting and I immediately shipped the light to him.

Well, it got lost in the mail (Priority mail with USPS).
It shows delivered to "an individual" but it stops right there. Derek never received it. It also took me over a month to find out, having dealt with family emergency so that probably did not help. Of course, it's also one of the rare times (if not never) that I did not subscribe to an insurance, can only blame myself...

Derek has been very helpful in helping file a claim and communicating with me and his local post office, and while our hopes are thin, they still exist and who knows, maybe that rare proto will one day make it back to us

Dakine234

Enlightened

So, unfortunately, my big plans for this light has turned into a true nightmare: light is now LOST.
--> back in February, our dear friend DatiLED (Derek) reached out to me and offered to upgrade the emitter, no charge, an offer I couldn't refuse.
Just the idea of modernizing it was too exciting and I immediately shipped the light to him.

Well, it got lost in the mail (Priority mail with USPS).
It shows delivered to "an individual" but it stops right there. Derek never received it. It also took me over a month to find out, having dealt with family emergency so that probably did not help. Of course, it's also one of the rare times (if not never) that I did not subscribe to an insurance, can only blame myself...

Derek has been very helpful in helping file a claim and communicating with me and his local post office, and while our hopes are thin, they still exist and who knows, maybe that rare proto will one day make it back to us
Ahhh this is so sad! Sure hope it turns up!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

My condolences...
Once, i was waiting for a light to arrive to my work address and the USPS website was claiming "delivered". But as many know, they do not show the delivered address. i kept bugging the carrier and she kept claiming that she delivered it and the website is correct. This is where even insurance would get you zip.
On a desperate whim, and knowing that there is a North and South address of the same number (N being business and S being residential), I decided to visit the South address. knocked on the door and asked if a random package was received. They answered with a question of "What was in it?"?? I was shocked and answered. They then called their 5-ish year old son over who was currently holding it!?!?! My SuperFlashlightIII in the hands of a child, WTF??? As I was taking the light, I mentioned that it is illegal to open others mail, she was indifferent to the comment as she closed the door, probably mad that I took what had occupied the child for the last number of days. Thankfully, he must have treasured it since it was unharmed.
So, people can suck and the USPS is often incorrect.
Best of luck with it turning up.
A one off McGizmo lost, that is a loss...

thermal guy

Flashaholic

I had an HDS delivered to a neighbor 10 houses down the road. He was on vacation and he showed up at my door a month later with the light in his hands saying it got delivered to him by mistake. Who the hell opens packages that are not addressed to them and then acts like all's ok and it's a good thing all worked out fine?

Stoneking

Enlightened
I wish I saw the post before it was withdrawn, I would've grabbed this light up in a heartbeat!!
Hopefully it turns up, such a cool light.