• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTS: V10R Ti Electronic Raised Button Switches - Run #2

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

bubble

Enlightened
I received my USPS shipping notification... I'm so excited though I've already got one from the first run, but I really love this switch.

Thanks SOYCD

thslw8jg

Enlightened
Sean,

Received switch #47 with 6 trits. Another excellent product for the V10R. Thank you for taking the time and effort to offer these.

-John

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my USPS shipping notification... I'm so excited though I've already got one from the first run, but I really love this switch.

Thanks SOYCD

As bubble has mentioned I did get to shipping out about 8 packages today. I'll update the OP list a little later tonight.

I was very excited today. Usually I use PP to print out the USPS Priority Small box postage labels but I am SOL in regards to international because I still need to do the customs slip and deal with the PO which is just so slow and painful when it comes to International packages. Well - today was a first - as I used the USPS Click-n-Ship online and it let me do all the customs forms electronically so that when I went to the PO I could just drop it in the bin and leave. And, for once, it now offers free tracking to those countries that support it (I think Canada, most major European and major Asian countries). This was a big deal for me since most of the remaining packages are Int'l.

The other exciting news is that I have done a huge push over the past 48 hours and hopefully every remaining switch will be in the mail tomorrow!

This has been a huge push and a very exciting project, but I will admit it was a lot to take on after the 1st run and the run of CPF V10R lights. I want to thank everyone on the thread again for your support. Also, thank you to all of you again as not a single person (except in jest) has complained to me about the time it has taken to ship the switches.

I have to give a lot of credit to guys like Nailbender and Vinh who are able to crank out their products in addition to their regular day jobs. I have a fun project in mind for Q1 2014 (non-V10R related) and I hope that I will be able to see that through after a short break.

Now - there is one negative thing I want to bring up. On a few of the 6-trit switches I have incurred a small problem where i tiny bubble has formed in the Norland during the setting process. I have pulled apart and re-done these switches several times and still end up getting the bubble. I don't know where the bubble is coming from as I am checking the whole switch before the curing process and I don't see it at all. I've tried putting in all the trits and then the Norland, putting in the Norland and then the trits, and doing the Norland and trits in layers - it doesn't seem to matter. It is very tiny but it is noticeable. It doesn't really bother me, but I will fully understand if it bothers a few of you. When you receive the switch please let me know if it bothers you and I will send a partial refund on the trit cost to make up for it.

donn_

Flashaholic
I was very excited today. Usually I use PP to print out the USPS Priority Small box postage labels but I am SOL in regards to international because I still need to do the customs slip and deal with the PO which is just so slow and painful when it comes to International packages. Well - today was a first - as I used the USPS Click-n-Ship online and it let me do all the customs forms electronically so that when I went to the PO I could just drop it in the bin and leave.

Browse the USPS site a little more, and you'll find you can have your mailman pick the packages up at your door, saving a trip to the PO. Very handy, and free.

donn_

Flashaholic
It's a great service. It get's the package into the USPS tracking system faster than dropping it into the bin at the PO, and you get email confirmation.

Icehole

Enlightened
I've tried putting in all the trits and then the Norland, putting in the Norland and then the trits, and doing the Norland and trits in layers

I was curious which method had the best results installing the trits, I may getting be getting ready to try my hand at some (simple) installs myself!

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
As per recommendations from some other members I used Nail Polish Remover. Not the "safe" stuff, but the real stuff with acetone in it. Let it soak for ~24 hours and the Norland will get soft enough to pick out without cracking the trit vials. Then you can just clean off the vials by hand.

gunga

Flashaholic
As per recommendations from some other members I used Nail Polish Remover. Not the "safe" stuff, but the real stuff with acetone in it. Let it soak for ~24 hours and the Norland will get soft enough to pick out without cracking the trit vials. Then you can just clean off the vials by hand.

Damn, I should have used this. I used boiling water and ended up breaking 5 of 6. Ugh.

:(

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mike - don't feel too bad as I was fully convinced that destroying trits was just part of removing Norland until I read about the acetone. Actually if you look on the Norland site you will find a listing of the chemicals that are most corrosive to set Norland. There are better and faster options that acetone, but they get pretty ugly from an OSHA handling perspective.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quick Announcement - :party: all switches have shipped as of today except for:

scalez - waiting for trit color selection
mr. snakeman - waiting for payment

Northern_Lights

Newly Enlightened
Quick Announcement - :party: all switches have shipped as of today except for:

scalez - waiting for trit color selection
mr. snakeman - waiting for payment

Got my shipping notice today! Thanks Sean!

Damn, I should have used this. I used boiling water and ended up breaking 5 of 6. Ugh.

:(

Yikes! At $8+ a pop, that starts to add up real fast! I'm glad I ordered with them installed rather than trying to do it myself. Why did you have to remove in the first place?

Last edited:

WAr PATH

Newly Enlightened
Received mine and installed it today. Looks fantastic! One question about momentary activation like on the stock switch. Mine seems to just stay on does that sound right?

Last edited: