• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: XsearcherVN & NightMasterVN - Dedicated Aspheric Throwers

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Will these lights still be able to swap out the emitter pills like on the factory lights?

Yes. But since there are no domes you must be extra careful storing the pills.

Update: Only one copper heat sink base can be used in the NightMaster. 2-3 makes the head twist out too far.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I am testing out this new method where I use solder paste to permanently bond the copper heat sink base with the LED on top to the brass pill. This way we get one continuous metal path for heat sinking. No thermal adhesive needed. The pill then would be twisted onto the body with thermal paste for good pill to host heat sinking.

If this work I can see XPG2 pushing 5A ;-)

Capolini

Banned
My 1st copper heat sink directly bonded to brass pill ever :)

Good job Vinh!!!

My ABSOLUTE FINAL decision for XSearcher choices will be sent to you tonight by "PM"

Massive Nor'easter will be here in a couple hours! Last weeks storm Hundreds of thousands lost power from 5 to 7 days,,,,,,could easily happen again! :eek:

If I disappear from here for awhile you will know why! :shakehead

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
loogix.com

The little brother NightMasterVN is already in the same league (a little less throw but real close) as the TN31vn. Can you imagine XsearcherVN?! ;-)

mattc941

Newly Enlightened
Wow I like the new pictures. I wonder what the lux would be... seems similar to the t31vn but not easy to tell.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice pics, Vinh. It is too bad Wavien hasn't made a collar specifically for the Dereelight aspherics. If so, when properly implemented would probably give you another 150-200% lux than you have right now. It is already very impressive as it looks like you are getting at least 350K lux seeing it compared to your TN31vn.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Nice pics, Vinh. It is too bad Wavien hasn't made a collar specifically for the Dereelight aspherics. If so, when properly implemented would probably give you another 150-200% lux than you have right now. It is already very impressive as it looks like you are getting at least 350K lux seeing it compared to your TN31vn.

Waiven came today...I was hoping it would work with the Xsearcher but several people indicate it wont. :-(

LichtAn!

Enlightened
Wavien seems like a customer oriented business, maybe they'll figure out a solution to get a fitting collar for the XSearcher? Even it it's a bit more expensive than the regular collars, it would put the XSearcher in the region of the DEFT-X which overall costs a lot more and people still buy it. ;)

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Waiven came today...I was hoping it would work with the Xsearcher but several people indicate it wont. :-(

That is great that you got one to experiment with. Who knows, you may be able to find a work around but at least you be able to test and see for yourself what these can do for increasing surface brightness.

Wavien seems like a customer oriented business, maybe they'll figure out a solution to get a fitting collar for the XSearcher? Even it it's a bit more expensive than the regular collars, it would put the XSearcher in the region of the DEFT-X which overall costs a lot more and people still buy it. ;)

I would think they would consider it since they have made some offerings that are geared towards flashaholics. If they did accommodate us with a collar for Dereelight products we could be seeing these compact lights putting out 500K-1M or so candela. Wow, how cool would that be in such a small package? Wavien??? :poke:

Shooter21

Enlightened
I don't get why brass is used in heat sinks since aluminum has better thermal conductivity?

Last edited:

Issue

Enlightened
About the modes - is mode5 stronger then the other modes 100% or are the max output same on all 5 modes? Hope that made any sense at all.. :)

Latest posts