• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: XsearcherVN & NightMasterVN - Dedicated Aspheric Throwers

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: WTS: XsearcherVN - Dedicated Aspheric Thrower

Sorry. Family emergency. I just got some. Havn't gotten any lights work done today. Will shower eat and get back to business. :)

Issue

Enlightened

Sorry. Family emergency. I just got some. Havn't gotten any lights work done today. Will shower eat and get back to business. :)

No worries! We will keep waiting patiently.. :sssh: :crackup:

Hope your family is alright!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Forget the TN31vn. Might as well compare with the new Throw King TK61vn.

4.5A XPG2 Dedome XSvn VS TK61vn PDT Fiat Lux

Still working to push more amps. Got 5A the other day while testing. Today only 4.5A with this sample for the beam shots. Still, I think our XSvn is very close to a Tk61vn. I can't really tell them apart. The XSvn is a much smaller light and it has no spill. Perfect no distraction spotter IMO :)

I think I am going to be putting a different driver in these light to get max performance. This will put the costs of the light about $12 more expensive though...Would yu guys help me with the extra cost of this driver if I decide to go for it?

Anyhow, I know everyone is eager to get their light but please be patient and give me a few more days to tweak and sort out the best setup. Thanks!!!

Last edited:

Dave1988

Newly Enlightened

Yeah boy! No probs about the extra cost

Capolini

Banned

Hope your family is ok.:) No problem about the extra cost. Do you what you need to do to make it as good as possible!:thumbsup:

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast

The spot on XSvn is looking very intense. More so in the low exposure shots.
Does it shine further than the tk61vn ?
No problem on the topping up if the board upgrade is the way to go.

gsbealsjr

Newly Enlightened

I'd like the driver upgrade and have no problem with the extra cost if you decide to go with it.

Hot Brass

Enlightened

For me...I really like the idea of the round SBT-70 led,as I already have 2 square image throwers.....but I will go with whatever,as long as it's still going to be a 1X 18650.HB

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think I am going to be putting a different driver in these light to get max performance. This will put the costs of the light about $12 more expensive though...Would yu guys help me with the extra cost of this driver if I decide to go for it?

Hi Vinh,
Hope everything is ok with your family. Anyway, I'm ok topping up extra for the different driver board. Just let me know when to top-up. Take your time with the light, Vinh. Your family comes first.

paulsl

Enlightened

Hi Vinh,

Like others have mentioned I hope everyone in your family is well. I also have no issue with a small increase in cost that you deem beneficial.

Please don't forget beam shots of the XML2 version as well or have you decided not to pursue that version? SBT70 would be interesting too!

Issue

Enlightened
Hopefully all is well. I'd be ok with a new driver I don't mind the cost. Anything to get me a better performing light!

Yup, same for me. Im also in for PDT if that comes as an option after all testings. Beamshot looks amazing, i love it! To my eyes, the XS is much stronger.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
My family is physically fine...Thanks fro all the concern :)
---------------------

Update:

So by bonding the LED copper heat sink directly to the brass pill with solder, we have one continuous metal heat conducting path. This is better than any thermal adhesive out there IMO. This trick along with some of my older tricks I think I can direct drive a XPG2 with a Samsung 20R or Sony VT4C to get around 4.5-5.5A. Yes the LED is fine. No tint shift yet.

I plan to put in a driver with High-Medium-Low with no mode memory (Starts on High). High will be direct drive for maximum brightness possible.

I can have High be on until you turn it off or set a timer for 120s.

What do you guys think? I think 120s is a good choice. (The light is just a little warm at 120s but its nice to have this feature to be safe I guess. )

This driver is not regulated in any modes.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
NM the timer. The heat sinking is so good that there is minimal inefficient heat build up (wasted energy) so the light runs very cool. Ran the light for 10 minutes and its only comfortably warm. Samsung 20R still pull 4A+ after 10 minutes. We are good.

Last edited:

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
I plan to put in a driver with High-Medium-Low with no mode memory (Starts on High). High will be direct drive for maximum brightness possible.

What do you guys think? I think 120s is a good choice. (The light is just a little warm at 120s but its nice to have this feature to be safe I guess. )

Hi Vinh,

1. 4.5-5.5A for an XP-G2! Awesome! :thumbsup:

2. Yes, the 120s timer would be a good choice. Oops... Just read your latest post. Never mind about the timer then. As a spotting light, I doubt there will be a need for extended operation, but good to know the heatsinking is working so well.

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
My family is physically fine...Thanks fro all the concern :)
---------------------

Update:

So by bonding the LED copper heat sink directly to the brass pill with solder, we have one continuous metal heat conducting path. This is better than any thermal adhesive out there IMO. This trick along with some of my older tricks I think I can direct drive a XPG2 with a Samsung 20R or Sony VT4C to get around 4.5-5.5A. Yes the LED is fine. No tint shift yet.

This driver is not regulated in any modes.

I prefer NO timer. If it had a timer, do you just turn it off/on again to get to max?

Capolini

Banned
NM the timer. The heat sinking is so good that there is minimal inefficient heat build up (wasted energy) so the light runs very cool. Ran the light for 10 minutes and its only comfortably warm. Samsung 20R still pull 4A+ after 10 minutes. We are good.

COOL!!! I just saw this post,,,,after the fact!!!!:twothumbs:cool::cool: