• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTT/WTB: SOG Desert Dagger knife

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Feel like we used to have a WTB Other forum but anyway... Looking for a SOG Desert Dagger, a double-edged fixed blade knife they made in the '90s and '00s. Minor blemishes ok. Would prefer original sheath (nylon or kydex) but I'm not concerned with boxes or paperwork. Can trade Surefires, Streamlights, Mag-Lites, possibly vintage police flashlights if you say the magic word, or cold hard American cash.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish you luck. Very overrated knife with a thin blade and not so great steel. And break easily.

Not worth it IMO. Please don't trade too much for one. They are more a collector piece than anything else these days.

I have a couple of Junglee Waterloo's that are way better knives. Made in Seki, Japan.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info. Yeah, I know it's overrated but they have an aesthetic that brings me back to reading knife catalogs in the '90s. Plus there are a ton floating around.

Do you have any other suggestions for similar knives? Something double-edged with a modern design but not 2024-modern. Book looking at SOG, Cold Steel Tai Pan, Gerber, EK Commando, Applegate, Joker Lince, Fox, Harsey, etc. I like the look of the Waterloo but I get the feeling there are only a handful out there. I gather they were made alongside the SOG.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Discontinued but still available. Partial to Spyderco and do not know what you want. One side is not sharpened.