X2/X4 Extended Version, AC & USB Input NiMH Li-ion Battery Charger

Sphinx99

Newly Enlightened
The VP4 Plus does not support protected 21700 cells correct? I am looking for a charger that supports these cells and has an analyze function.

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
The VP4 Plus does not support protected 21700 cells correct? I am looking for a charger that supports these cells and has an analyze function.
Hi there, the VP4 Plus can support unpotected 21700 cells, but can't support protected 21700 cells. This VC8 charger can charge protected 21700 batteries, test batteries' real capacity, test battery internal resistace, have storage and discharge function. Are you looking for a charger with these functions?

Sphinx99

Newly Enlightened
The VC8 is interesting. That might be what I am looking for. I see it uses USB-C; do you know if its USB-C support is fully standardized or are there any limitations as with the VC4L not supporting certain USB-C to USB-C cables?

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
The VC8 is interesting. That might be what I am looking for. I see it uses USB-C; do you know if its USB-C support is fully standardized or are there any limitations as with the VC4L not supporting certain USB-C to USB-C cables?

Hi there, the VC8 can be compatible with USB-A to USB-C and USB-C to USB-C cables. It's better to use the charging cable coming along in the box. For USB-C 100W support you mentioned before, more explanation here: xtar made the survey of popular power sources in market when we started developing and researching the VC8 charger. It showed the 100W power sources was a small amount in market at that time. And customers are also fine with the input and compatible cable coming with in the package. We'd say it had reasonable design, considering what technologies were mature and what power source were popular. Anyway, for your suggestion about higher power source compatibility for more people's different demands, we are updating these USB-C chargers now. If you need fully standardized USB-C support, pls wait a little time after the upgradation. Thanks :)

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you, XTAR for listening. I will wait until your chargers are USB-C 100W standardized. And please update your flagship VP series also!