Xtar D30 Howitzer .. 3XMC-E Beast!! 1680 lumens?

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't the pre-order over? Or is the promotional price being extended? I though pre-order ended AUg. 24th.

Yes it is over, but not everyone paid their pre-order as you can see in the pre-order page hence some slots still available(15 in fact). That is Xtar's response to my email. So its not too late. Anyone? :rolleyes:

I hope Xtar doing the right thing with this light, i dont mind carying a monster but 6x18650 is menacing hahahaha at least 2xD is available as an option which is more preferable.

Last edited:

07gttom

Newly Enlightened
Being a law enforcement officer, the quest for a good bright flashlight with a decent burn time is a quest that has occupied my time here of late. This is probably brighter than I need, but hey, it is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.... right?

im in the same boat as you, have bought several lights such as a eagle tac t10c2, nice little bright light, then i bought a modified maglite 4 c host with 3 cree mce led's being run by 3 18650 batteries. wicked bright, mostly for up close applications due to the fact that it is VERY floody, to big in my opinion because it currently is secured by a c cell ring which is not the best for retention purposes. I just pulled the trigger on another modified maglite from nailbender, it is a 1.25 d cell mag haIII tri bored p7. rund on 3 17670 batteries for up to 2 hours in high mode, can adjust the output for increased time. i have a holster for it already, shouldn't be to big on the belt, looking forward to trying it out.

Scorpiolyons

Newly Enlightened
I don't think anyone is really worried about the size, I'm sure I'd have no problem handling it. We're just having fun with it because it is larger than many of the lights we're used to. :p

:crackup::crackup:you are killing me! man. The PS deserves a reward.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
That image is so good and so realistic it makes me realize that door opens out not in, and even with the megalight battering ram they will be there a long time trying to get it open. Maybe they should just have put an aspheric on the front end and burnt a hole through the door instead??????? :ohgeez:

gsxrac

Enlightened
That image is so good and so realistic it makes me realize that door opens out not in, and even with the megalight battering ram they will be there a long time trying to get it open. Maybe they should just have put an aspheric on the front end and burnt a hole through the door instead??????? :ohgeez:

I was thinking that bashing through one of the HUGE sheets of glass directly beside the door might have been a better option? :ohgeez:lol

Monocrom

Flashaholic
LOL !

I keep forgetting that most of you guys are unaware of Wade's mad photoshop skills.

Good one, Wade. :crackup::crackup::crackup:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
anyone notice this line?

"

• 3 pieces CREE MC-E LED; cool white 6800K.( Updated on Aug 31th)"

jahxman

Enlightened
Yay Xtar! way to listen to your early adopters! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

(still cooler than I'd like, but better than 8500K :twothumbs)

spawny

Newly Enlightened
Hi there,
does anyone else have problems to access Xtars web shop at http://www.xtarlight.com? It seems that the website does not exist anymore. Because for warranty terms Xtar refers to his own website. However, I found this one instead: http://xtarlight.en.made-in-china.com/. By the way, I couldn't resit to join the preorder for this light. I think it will be a nice addition to my collection.:twothumbs

Best wishes,

Michael

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there,
does anyone else have problems to access Xtars web shop at http://www.xtarlight.com? It seems that the website does not exist anymore. Because for warranty terms Xtar refers to his own website. However, I found this one instead: http://xtarlight.en.made-in-china.com/. By the way, I couldn't resit to join the preorder for this light. I think it will be a nice addition to my collection.:twothumbs

xtar used to have all those other products on their website.
they seem to have started over.. I think they were not happy with the old products.

gsxrac

Enlightened
xtar used to have all those other products on their website.
they seem to have started over.. I think they were not happy with the old products.

I also noticed that. Maybe they got bought out? Im not a huge fan of their new smaller light but it looks like they are going in the right direction so far.

ming560

Newly Enlightened

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know they are not the exact same light, and Xtar have made it to there spec's and I believe the howitzer will be a better and cheaper light - but you got to admit that there is some family resemblance in there - you got brother trustfire cousin ultrafire uncle feiLong sister howitzer if you know what I mean ;)

Sardaukar

Enlightened
Wow. How did I miss out on this monster? Looks like the pre-order is closed. Darn. Would have been fun to take the kids trick or treating with it.

ming560

Newly Enlightened
I know they are not the exact same light, and Xtar have made it to there spec's and I believe the howitzer will be a better and cheaper light - but you got to admit that there is some family resemblance in there - you got brother trustfire cousin ultrafire uncle feiLong sister howitzer if you know what I mean ;)

Yes, I know.
It is too much xxxxfire.
Because of the price of Xtar is so cheap, hope you all can got it.

Hehe! I had already brought the FeiLong long time ago but the price is much more higher than Xtar!

Last edited:

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would guess that Xtar is made in the same factory as the other light.