Yellow LED anti bug?

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just curious, what methods did you test with? Were you or other mammals around during this? From my experiences, mozzies are attracted to heat/moisture/carbon dioxide/rotting plant matter. I've never tried testing light alone. I've heard that bug zappers won't attract mosquitoes, but I've found the 80 watt Flowtron zapper DOES attract them and can knock down the population in an area in a few nights.

My fav. mosquito eradicator is a large fan with a screen attached to the suction side and a bunch of dead vegetation soaking in water in front of it. They come for the scent then get sucked into the screen. I've been using a box fan & hard drive magnets to hold the screen on. Probably would benefit from a larger fan, but this seems to work for now. I'm now wondering if I should be adding lights to the contraption.

I had a setup on my back porch, no other emitting objects (people, pets, plants, lights or vents), a time lapse camera and video, and collection chamber (no exit device).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Candlepowerforums mobile app

TPA

Enlightened
VERY interesting. I like it. I'll definitely try adding a cool white fluorescent to my mosquito vacuum. Somehow the mozzies haven't been bad this year; I've only been bitten once for the year. The mosquito vacuum hasn't been picking up anywhere near as many as I was getting in prior years either.