Your favorite / best / coolest / nicest flashlight of 2022?

ChibiM

Enlightened
The year is almost over...

What is/are your best flashlight(s) of 2022. (Must be bought/received in 2022)
Can be in any category, or multiple categories, including headlamps, bike lights.

For example:

Best EDC: x flashlight
Best budget: y flashlights
Best keychain: z flashlight

Please use the full name of the flashlight.
Full name: Acebeam TK16 and not: Tk16

Here are the ones CPF members liked in past years:

Best of 2021

Best of 2020

Best of 2019

Best of 2018

Best of 2017

Best of 2016

Best of 2015

Best of 2014

Best of 2013

Best EDC of 2012

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I'm going to say Maglite MagTac 2 because I'd been wondering first if I had imagained it being shown at SHOT show 019 and second did Maglite nix the project altogether.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I bought only three lights this past year, and they are all cool for their own purposes.

Dr. Prepare worklight.
It has a magnetic base, two 18650 batteries, a cob light, and two little led directional lights, and it is rechargeable, and can be used as a powerbank.

MbeIq-qEngAduqhd6WUWzXFi92=w700-h933-no?authuser=0.jpg

I gifted one, and then bought a replacement, which I gifted, and then bought another for myself.

Sofirn D25L headlamp:

I liked it enough to buy it three times

Maglite ML25LT with an 18650 adapter.

I discovered that my family seems to like to grab a bigger light than the multiple convoy S2+ lights that I have lying around the house. Perhaps because they are easier to find, IDK.

Besides, I like the size and grip of a 2C cell light.

ssyiKFJDPOK0fwQctKOiTUUGkT=w700-h933-no?authuser=0.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I wonder how many folks decided to try out the maxi-minimag when the battery kit became available.
Overall I did not buy many flashlights in 2022 and most were repeats of ones I had and gave away.

Mrs Fixer's favorite was the 2aa minimag with doggy footprints down the barrel.
756EE456-49BB-4BE5-B579-7D2EB352DD38.jpeg

They called it walk n wag

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fraz Labs qt (Cutie) 18650 battery
Made in Arkansas, USA. Intricately engineered to be simple. No wires or electronics other than the LED and slightly modified pad. Read the website, exercise patience if interested.

Ask CPF member speckacuda (Fraz´s accomplishment enabler) if they can streamline the website to initially show what is coming up in production and what is available at that current website visit (probably everything out of stock for near future) but a person can ask for notification on a particular model.

The website is well done and provides information vital in understanding this unique, hopefully never cloned, tool. Anybody tries to steal this innovation deserves the worst.

E5032B16-0A26-4206-AF9D-1FB422210C6B.jpeg

Last edited:

Eicca

Newly Enlightened
I picked up a Fenix PD25R. Lovely little pocket cannon. Gives me Surefire EDC light vibes.

Also sold my Olight Warrior X Pro and grabbed the original Warrior X from eBay. I didn't use my Pro as much as I wanted and letting the battery just sit and degrade was eating at me. So I got the 18650 version and I can swap the cell between lights to keep it from rotting, even if I don't use the Warrior X any more than the Pro.

Both lights are excellent. So much so that I recommend picking up the original Warrior X because a small decrease in runtime is totally worth not needing a proprietary cell.

Marquis07

Newly Enlightened
Thrunite TC 15 V2. I've had 4 of them over the years, but the most recent one was bought this year. Seems like a good light for the money I paid. Gave the first to a friend and then lost the second and and third while knee boarding and quading. XD
TC 15.jpg

Lawman VII XIV

Newly Enlightened
Santa brought me a Fenix TK20R V2.0 which is pretty nice, and has to top my best value because — Santa!

WF26R_Cradle-Charging-Flashlight_1080x.jpg

It's a comfortable size, lots of light, a simple UI, and I particularly like the covered USB-C charging port. It also has a non-proprietary battery, only my second modern LED light with one. It's a good size for my work belt but a little big for every day casual wear, yet still possible.

A 1L moonlight mode and visible battery indicator would have been nice. So that's for a second cool light.

Time to off some of my O-Lights, though my Warrior Mini 2 is a keeper.

3_gun

Enlightened
If I had to pick just one I'm going to go with my Noctigon DM1.12 with W2 for throw & SST20 4K 95CRI for flood. Took a bit of trial & error to get the balance between the two to where I wanted but it was worth the effort. Manually programed on gives me useful light from 5-300ft w/o any noticeable drop-off or heat build up with 20min+ runs, with ramping & turbo levels still available