Z41 Smart Switch

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received the PCBs required for the new prototypes yesterday, and Dale (DBCstm) has kindly helped me out with the parts I was having difficulty in obtaining. I've also received word that the brass components that required machining will also be on their way later this week :)

I'll have to hold off on starting assembly of the new prototypes until all parts have arrived as some parts react to re-flow soldering better than others...

- Matt

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
<---dragging up a chair next to dl, have a beer with that popcorn? ;)

Ok, we're ready, let the games begin!

sadtimes

Enlightened
Im in serious need of one of these, I really miss my clicky on my duty carry Z2, the zerores is nice, but in a stressfull situation, I need the clicky..

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got half the parts today. Annoyingly I still don't have a shipping notification from Shapeways so the critical plastic spacers are still a while off.

I have found one issue that needs resolving. There are tiny PCB pins inside the switches that connect electrical signals between boards. I have discovered that it is pretty tricky to get them to solder on straight. Even the slightest lean throws the whole stack out. I'll either have to master this or do a slight rethink on how they are installed. A re-think might be better, but it depends if I can find suitable replacement pins.

I want the switches to function well, but above all else I want them to be bullet proof.

- Matt

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll go one further and ask if I can get mine early if I promise to shoot at it?

;)

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really looking forward to other updates and progress on this one. Very exciting!

eala

You and me both! Waiting on parts is killing me. This is what I get for living at the butt end of the world.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got some bits yesterday. Still waiting on some PCBs and machined parts :(

Kp5vHZ5.jpg

Tulku

Newly Enlightened
Hey Matt, I really like the forward/reverse clicky feature!

Have you determined whether or not this switch can be configured to function as a soft start for incandescent bulbs?

(I know someone asked about this before but I wanted to know if you've had an opportunity to look into it.)

-Tulku

Last edited: