Zebra Light XHP35 Headlamp Coming Soon

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received an update from ZL regarding timing and some details on design:

ZL:
"We'll announce the H600(w) Mk III in about 2 months. The body section of the H600(w) Mk III will look like the SC63(w). Internally, the H600(w) Mk III will use two springs just like the H600Fc/d Mk III"

Thanks for the update man:thumbsup:

tops2

Enlightened
I received an update from ZL regarding timing and some details on design:

ZL:
"We'll announce the H600(w) Mk III in about 2 months. The body section of the H600(w) Mk III will look like the SC63(w). Internally, the H600(w) Mk III will use two springs just like the H600Fc/d Mk III"

2 springs huh?
I wonder if there'll be any change in battery specifications vs for SC600 MKIII/SC63? I'm guessing probably will still keep the same unprotected requirement though?
And if eventually this will be used in the SC600 MKIII and SC63 as a follow up update?

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
2 springs huh?
I wonder if there'll be any change in battery specifications vs for SC600 MKIII/SC63? I'm guessing probably will still keep the same unprotected requirement though?
And if eventually this will be used in the SC600 MKIII and SC63 as a follow up update?

I am hoping they allow up to 69mm just like the H600Fd/c MKIII. There is no reason not to and I prefer the added level of protection of a PTC with something that is strapped to my head. Not to mention the flexibility to use pretty much any cell, button top or flat top with adequate continuous amperage rating of course instead of being so limited.

snovatut

Newly Enlightened
It's interesting to see H600 mkIII, but at the moment there are not good reviews about SC600 on XHP35.

Sphinxxx

Newly Enlightened
I will almost definitely be getting this light. I love the cool white beam pattern, and the POWER and the huge battery life (on paper, i have only owned an h32). But one thing i find incredibly annoying is that the M1 medium setting is not higher. The lights get brighter and the M1 stays the same. It's barely any different than the 500lm H32. So there is only one setting b/w M1@70lm and H1@1300?. You get to choose that setting but that is still A HUGE GAP, especially on a UI where there are 3 different setting options under 1 lumen.

More first world problems i guess>>>> What am i a caveman?! 11+4 modes! This is an outrage!!!

But seriously, gimme that 160lm H2 setting as M1. That would probably be my go-to, but i don't want to waste a high mode on it? Ya feel me?

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll be deciding on MKIII w or c at some point. Have the w MKII right now but need another good HL for backup/loaning so may as well upgrade when funds are available.
Probs go with the warmer C model as zebras neutral tend to be a little cool for me and the frosted lens won't bug me as long as I have a pocket thrower which I usually do when hiking/backpacking.

mico

Newly Enlightened
But seriously, gimme that 160lm H2 setting as M1. That would probably be my go-to, but i don't want to waste a high mode on it? Ya feel me?
I'm always frustrated that I don't have easy access to both H2b & H2c. They both make good step ups from M1 & M2a, respectively (which I do have easy access to). And I tend to prefer one setting indoors and the other outdoors.

Maybe your solution is a good one. I wonder if they should have an extra level, but always scrolling from low makes just 3 preferable I think. Perhaps a double click could just cycle through the sub levels, but without having so many packed into H2, and yes, maybe H2c as M1 as you say.

hazza

Newly Enlightened
I'm always frustrated that I don't have easy access to both H2b & H2c. They both make good step ups from M1 & M2a, respectively (which I do have easy access to). And I tend to prefer one setting indoors and the other outdoors.

Maybe your solution is a good one. I wonder if they should have an extra level, but always scrolling from low makes just 3 preferable I think. Perhaps a double click could just cycle through the sub levels, but without having so many packed into H2, and yes, maybe H2c as M1 as you say.

+1 totally agree with you. It's one of my biggest irritations with the H6xx series (though that isn't saying much)

Raoh

Newly Enlightened
Anyone heard any more about the release? Going off what has been said we should see it soon?

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone heard any more about the release? Going off what has been said we should see it soon?

They said about two months in an email to me a week ago ... I wonder if the C version will switch from easy white. XML to XHP35 HiCRI ...

Raoh

Newly Enlightened
They said about two months in an email to me a week ago ... I wonder if the C version will switch from easy white. XML to XHP35 HiCRI ...

I think they said that back in March as well, so maybe there have been delays in manufacturing and it has been pushed forward another two. I guess we will hear more before July.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everything's still backorder status 18650 HL-wise on the ZL site.
Hopefully that means XHP 35 on the way :)

Latest posts