ZebraLight H502 XM-L

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just curious, do they have any plans for a H52?
Can't find the specsheet, sorry.

It's not on their list of future lights...........yet. I'm hoping for it, and bet they will make a H52 and a SC52. Since a H52 is not on their list it would seem to me that they want to get the new T5 out before any other single AA light...just guessing though. Here's a link to there list of lights including future lights that are currently planned - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...authkey=CNqP6KIC&hl=en&authkey=CNqP6KIC#gid=0

Last edited:

vēer

Newly Enlightened
It's not on their list of future lights...........yet. I'm hoping for it, and bet they will make a H52 and a SC52. Since a H52 is not on their list it would seem to me that they want to get the new T5 out before any other single AA light...just guessing though. Here's a link to there list of lights including future lights that are currently planned - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...authkey=CNqP6KIC&hl=en&authkey=CNqP6KIC#gid=0
H52 would be welcomed upgrade, however month or two ago their rep told me that there are currently no plans or information regarding H52.

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
by "H52" do you mean a hypothetical upgrade of an H51, using an XML emitter?

I can't speak for the ZL folks, but to my way of thinking the H51 is intended to be a more throwy, spotty light than the 501/502 line is. And an XML, because of its larger die size, would make a much less throwy, spotty light than the current XPG does. It would produce something half-way between the current H51 and the new H502.

The new H502 uses the XML for exactly the right purpose, to my way of thinking: flood. In a small light which doesn't have a deep, wide reflector, it's best to use the XML for what it's good at (same as the Quark MiniX, which has a wonderful floody profile).

So in any case--I guess I'm not surprised that they don't plan to stick an XML into the H51. I hope that they'll upgrade the H51 at some future time, but I don't know that an XML version would be a good addition to their product line. (Unless they kept offering the H51 as it is, too--then I wouldn't say no to more options).

nzbazza

Enlightened
When I think of the hypothetical H52, I'm imagining the H502 circuit with the H502 body and H51 reflector and XPG LED.

Diablo_331

Enlightened
I don't think you"ll mind me adding "SC600 switch" to your list as well. Now this makes it my perfect light. Throw the XPG away and give me a Nichia 219 and I'm set... Forever.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think the H502 body would work with a reflector as the battery has to go in behind the LED. That is how they made it shorter.

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did someone say

Shipping starts around May 28.

...?

I'd love to get a "just shipped" notice in my email today!!

poonchasta

Newly Enlightened
I can't wait for mine to get shipped. I'm sick of holding a flashlight in my mouth when I'm working with both hands, especially since I now EDC a SC60 and it's a little heavy for mouth carry. I like the big 120 degree spill because I can clip it to my shirt and still see what I am doing even if the light isn't pointing directly at what I'm working on. This will be my first all flood flashlight, and I think I'm going to love it.

bbb74

Enlightened
Anybody else notice the updates to the zebralight spreadsheet overnight?

There's a 502c (rebel 4000K), 502d (rebel 5000K), and 502w (xm-l 4200K) coming in June. Haven't heard of the 502d before this!

The 502d and 502w have me very interested...