ZebraLight H502 XM-L

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
If they did come out with a 501c (or 502c), what purpose would there be to continue the 501w (or 502w). Seems everybody interested in a 'w' would just switch over to a 'c.'

On another topic, do you expect to see the 501w's on sale soon? They are so compact for carry, I might need another "pre-need replacement."

tygger

Enlightened
Lol. 501's are happiest in groups of 2's, 3's, or 4's. Man, I cannot wait for the H502. Everytime this thread is bumped I race over to see if the release date has been set.

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
It must make Zebralight glow with happiness when they see a pre-announcement like this getting 7 pages of enthusiastic discussion.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
If they did come out with a 501c (or 502c), what purpose would there be to continue the 501w (or 502w). Seems everybody interested in a 'w' would just switch over to a 'c.'

On another topic, do you expect to see the 501w's on sale soon? They are so compact for carry, I might need another "pre-need replacement."

Based on the outputs of the 51c compared to the 51w, I'd say there's still a place for W models in the line-up, though at this point I think ZL is getting a little bogged down in model proliferation. I think a lot of that could be solved by what we've already talked about here by them using a threaded bezel so diffusers and filters could be added to the light. That way they'd only have to make a handful of models, and could still hit all the niche's they've been aiming for.

But, if they do come out with a 502c, I'll definitely consider it instead of an H51c as the replacement for my lost H51w, although I'm thinking about getting an ST6-460nw instead, and using it primarily as a cycling light.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Neutral white is good enough for me.

Yeah, I could live with just a neutral tint, though I'd prefer a high CRI emitter...

Honestly, it's not that big of a deal for me anyway... I wasn't really using my H51w for outdoors stuff anyway, where it would really matter. Since I've come to prefer the form factor of the Sparks because they work better with a hat, and I almost always wear a baseball cap when I'm hiking or the like.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I could live with just a neutral tint, though I'd prefer a high CRI emitter...

Honestly, it's not that big of a deal for me anyway... I wasn't really using my H51w for outdoors stuff anyway, where it would really matter. Since I've come to prefer the form factor of the Sparks because they work better with a hat, and I almost always wear a baseball cap when I'm hiking or the like.

I was simply stating my preference for tint, not how my H51w compares to another light in the hat-wearing capacity. I am happy for you that you like wearing your light on your hat and that you have found something you like, but you are preaching to the wrong person here. If I can't EDC a light on my person, then it is of little value to me. It's about individual uses and needs. From an on-person EDC perspective, there is nothing that can touch a ZL headlamp, hat wear or otherwise.

There is not need for a bulky headband here, much less a jockstrap type.
Hat.jpg

It's always on my person. No bag or car trunk EDC here.
Hat1.jpg

Last edited:

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another thing perhaps worth mentioning for those of us who occasionally wear a baseball cap into the evening when we need a headlamp: I'll often just flip my cap around backwards so the visor doesn't get in the way of the headlamp. There's not really all that much need of the visor above your face in the evening, so flipping it around tends to solve the "visor gets in the way" issue.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was simply stating my preference for tint, not how my H51w compares to another light in the hat-wearing capacity. I am happy for you that you like wearing your light on your hat and that you have found something you like, but you are preaching to the wrong person here. If I can't EDC a light on my person, then it is of little value to me. It's about individual uses and needs. From an on-person EDC perspective, there is nothing that can touch a ZL headlamp, hat wear or otherwise.

There is not need for a bulky headband here, much less a jockstrap type.
Hat.jpg

It's always on my person. No bag or car trunk EDC here.
Hat1.jpg

David, you're reading far too much into my post. I wasn't trying to convert you, I wasn't preaching, etc. I was merely stating my very own opinion.

I never said anything like "you're wrong, I'm right", or "Zebras suck and Sparks rule", or "you're stupid because of ..." or anything like that.

Take a deep breath, put the mouse down, and back away... Chill... :)

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another thing perhaps worth mentioning for those of us who occasionally wear a baseball cap into the evening when we need a headlamp: I'll often just flip my cap around backwards so the visor doesn't get in the way of the headlamp. There's not really all that much need of the visor above your face in the evening, so flipping it around tends to solve the "visor gets in the way" issue.

WERD.

I was wondering where to buy those hats that have the bill in back rather than front tho...

back on topic- do you guys think these will have the same driver as the H51?
it seems like a pretty good one besides no 14500 option.
or the H501 driver that accepts 14500 but runs it dimmer.

Wow... Im wasting ALOT of time on CPF today :)
:thumbsup:

I like the idea of having one AA light so I may sell my H51 and get the H502w when/if it is released.

Last edited:

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
WERD.

I was wondering where to buy those hats that have the bill in back rather than front tho...

Or the even more rare "rally cap" version that's sold backward AND inside out. I've got one of those, too. :naughty:

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of mine goes slightly sideways and has a flat bill. Id wear it more if I had a dodgy lift kit on my truck.
Or if I could manage driving whilst having the seat reclined to its penultimate angle. Until then slightly flat brim blank mesh cap in brown n cream.
Ive worn my HL under the brim in the rain w hood on. Worked fine.

On topic (don't wanna get busted)

Do u guys think the 502 will be as large as the 51?

-Large Marge

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that explains why the "Yes, it's shorter than the H501" statement was removed from the product listing.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The pictures of the H600 don't show a clip. It appears to be a clipless light. I hope that's not true, at least for the H502. If they take the clip away, they will take away much of the versatility. I won't buy the H502 if it doesn't come with a swiveling clip like the one the H51 has.

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
The pictures of the H600 don't show a clip. It appears to be a clipless light. I hope that's not true, at least for the H502. If they take the clip away, they will take away much of the versatility. I won't buy the H502 if it doesn't come with a swiveling clip like the one the H51 has.

I'm just guessing of course, but my guess would be that that the biggest likelihood is that the H600 and H502 would come with the same kind of clips the H60 and H501 came with (which are both swiveling clips, but not the same kind of swiveling clips the H51 has). Certainly the H502 should come with a clip.

Then again, the description of the accessories for the H600 says only silicon holder with headband and spare o-rings (no mention of a clip).

Perhaps it's feared the potential heat that could be generated by the H600 on a pocket clip might sear a hole in the user's chest or thigh if the light actually got turned on in that position. :p

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm sure there'll be other clips out there you'll be able to stick on one of the new Zebras to give it the additional usability you want. It'll probably just be a matter of poking around some to find one.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure there'll be other clips out there you'll be able to stick on one of the new Zebras to give it the additional usability you want. It'll probably just be a matter of poking around some to find one.

It's pure speculation on my part the H502 won't come with a swiveling clip. Unless there have been major complains about the H51 clip, it doesn't make any sense for them not to use it on future lights. If anything, as I have posted many pictures to show, the H51 swiveling clip is an ingenious design.

As for finding an aftermarket clip that would fit exactly and can swivel without scratching the finish, I doubt it.

Last edited:

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unless there have been major complains about the H51 clip, it doesn't make any sense for them not to use it on future lights. If anything, as I have posted many pictures to show, the H51 swiveling clip is an ingenious design.

I can see the logic in that. If the H51 clip represents an improvement over the kind of clip that came with the H501, it would be easy to see a switch to an H51 style clip for the H502.