Zebralight H60

Shorty66

Enlightened
The Q2 5A is a Cree LED with warmer tint than those Q5's found in many high power lights.

I aint searching for a hendhled reflecotr light but a Zebralight with angled Lightsource and Reflector for more Throw. Though by now im quite impressed by some Beamshots of the h30 wich should have basically the same beamshot but brighter.
Perhaps i will go for the H60 because i dont got enough patience to wait for an H61...

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
The Q2 5A is a Cree LED with warmer tint than those Q5's found in many high power lights.

I aint searching for a hendhled reflecotr light but a Zebralight with angled Lightsource and Reflector for more Throw. Though by now im quite impressed by some Beamshots of the h30 wich should have basically the same beamshot but brighter.
Perhaps i will go for the H60 because i dont got enough patience to wait for an H61...

If you want an angle light with a reflector get a first light tomahawk. They can get expensive, however the more basic models arent so expensive, maybe $120, and they are reviewed very well.

shining

Newly Enlightened
The specifications state that it discharges to 2.5v. So, no, unprotected cells are not supported.

And I wonder how deep it will discharge the cell. Meaning: can I use my plethora of good, but unprotected cells?

Was there anything mentioned about this?

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
The specifications state that it discharges to 2.5v.
Hmm, they write:
Zebralight website said:
one 18650 size rechargeable within the 2.5v to 4.5v range,
You think that means discharge down to 2.5V? This would be fine for using unprotected cells for me. We will see.

Last edited:

Shorty66

Enlightened
I just noticed thet they do not list any GITD items (button, headband holder) under "Accessories in the package" of the h60.
Sad thing...

shining

Newly Enlightened
Discharge LiON to 2.5??? :eek: I suggest doing this while it's in a fire-proof container
And also I thing it will power light till 2.5V, but will not disconnect the chain at 2.5v.
In fact, I cannot see the purpose of not having overdischarge protection - there are no primary 18650. Ah, it's for the new lower voltage safe chemistries.

Hmm, they write:
You think that means discharge down to 2.5V? This would be fine for using unprotected cells for me. We will see.

Last edited:

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Discharge LiON to 2.5?
Yes, no problem. It will not happen very often.

I suggest doing this while it's in a fire-proof container
Why? There is no safety problem with deep discharging single cells. it only shortens the lifetime a little bit.

I cannot see the purpose of not having overdischarge protection
There are lots of reasons. But no one is forced to use either protected or unprotected cells. I'm not willing to pay the penalty in capacity, price and relyability.

Last edited:

shining

Newly Enlightened
They are listening - they added GITD accessories :thumbsup:. What do you think, 100g, is not it too much to use for running without the central strap without it sliding down into your eyes?

Last edited:

ToTo

Newly Enlightened
Battery
  • One 18650 size rechargeable within the 2.8v to 4.5v range, including 3.6v/3.7v Li-ion or 3.0v LiFeP04 chemistries.
  • Reverse polarity protection circuit. Works with batteries that have flat positive terminals.
  • Discharging protection circuit turns off the light when the battery voltage drops below 2.8v.

sounds good :D

Shorty66

Enlightened
Wow i was right ordering the H60. GITD rocks hell! :party::grin2::p:wave::party:

100g are absolutly ok for a headlamp. My Tikka XP weights 104g with batteries and headband and 79g without the headband. So the h60 is lighter.

Last edited:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just put in an order on 4sevens. So it's $99.00 - 8% from 4sevens, and 79.99 + 6 from Zebra? So it's like $6-7 more from 4sevens, but it should ship quicker if you are in the USA, and you have 4seven's support (you can send it to him rather than Zebralight if there is a problem). Sounds like a deal! :)

That extra $6-7 is cheap when you consider it includes his support/warranty and faster shipping.

Also I've heard that the H30, H50, etc, were really cheap for what they are. They should cost more than they do considering the 3D machine work, etc. At $99.00 the H60 is probably still a deal consider the machining, programmable UI, etc.

qtaco

Newly Enlightened
Also I've heard that the H30, H50, etc, were really cheap for what they are. They should cost more than they do considering the 3D machine work, etc. At $99.00 the H60 is probably still a deal consider the machining, programmable UI, etc.

Especially considering the H50 at least was originally sold for $50USD. It's now up to $70USD.

Haz

Enlightened
Zebralight was an unheard of light when it first came out with the H30 and H50 so i gather they had to price it on the lower end, and make less profit to gain brand awareness. Given the fact they have been proven to be relatively good lights, they probably have decided to charge more for their lights. I still believe at the US$50, it will still be profitable, but at USD$70, it will be much more profitable. Zebralight has a niche market because of their unique designs utilising single cell batteries in their headlight. The current range of lights from Jetbeam, Fenix, Nitecore cannot compete directly with them.

shining

Newly Enlightened
They certainly decided to become more profitable. Remember the $40 H50-P4? Not that Q5 now is more expensive than P4 then...

Zebralight was an unheard of light when it first came out with the H30 and H50 so i gather they had to price it on the lower end, and make less profit to gain brand awareness. Given the fact they have been proven to be relatively good lights, they probably have decided to charge more for their lights. I still believe at the US$50, it will still be profitable, but at USD$70, it will be much more profitable. Zebralight has a niche market because of their unique designs utilising single cell batteries in their headlight. The current range of lights from Jetbeam, Fenix, Nitecore cannot compete directly with them.

nars42

Newly Enlightened
It's still $50 if you buy from them, they are just a little more expensive from 4seven, though I think that is fair since you get faster shipping and more local support.

shining

Newly Enlightened
They started from $40 for the P4 version.

It's still $50 if you buy from them, they are just a little more expensive from 4seven, though I think that is fair since you get faster shipping and more local support.