Zebralight H600/H604/H600F MKIV headlamp

likethevegetable

Enlightened
Here's how I program it:
I've noticed the light has a hard time maintaining 1568lm when the battery is below 75% or so, so I have G7 the same but with 980 lm at max.

SrTrQ23.png

dmsoule

Newly Enlightened
Just got the shipping notice for my h604c, pre-ordered back in November. Shipping to USA.

Alexi*

Newly Enlightened
I have a hard time finding anybody shipping 18650 batteries to Sweden... Will the Panasonic/Sanyo NCR18650GA be a good match for this series? I also got a shipping notice for my H604c this week.

Nuppet

Newly Enlightened
I have a hard time finding anybody shipping 18650 batteries to Sweden... Will the Panasonic/Sanyo NCR18650GA be a good match for this series? I also got a shipping notice for my H604c this week.
I live in Sweden and buy those batteries from nkon.nl as well as Zebralights and XTar chargers. When I buy I use the option of full tracking and sent by GLS at 10.98 Euro. There are cheaper full tracking at about 5/6 Euro using normal post, but for orders containing Li-ion cells I prefer the better handling from GLS (and handover to Schenker when arriving in Sweden).

dsoden

Newly Enlightened
I just received my H604c yesterday. I'm having a hard time believing that it's 1616 lumens. Appearance wise, it seems much weaker than all of my 1000ish lumen lights, and certainly much dimmer than my H600w mkIII. I guess this could be because of the 120 degree no reflector spill but I figured 1616 lumens would compensate for that.

NPL

Enlightened
I just received my H604c yesterday. I'm having a hard time believing that it's 1616 lumens. Appearance wise, it seems much weaker than all of my 1000ish lumen lights, and certainly much dimmer than my H600w mkIII. I guess this could be because of the 120 degree no reflector spill but I figured 1616 lumens would compensate for that.
Try a ceiling bounce in a small dark room and don't look up. The brighter light should make the overall room brighter. In real use, a full flood light will never seem as bright as one with a reflector.

likethevegetable

Enlightened

Some simple math might shed some *ahem*, light, on the topic.

A cone with a half-angle Θ inscribes a projected solid angle of π*(sinΘ)^2. There's some error in this as I'm looking at the projected solid angles vs. actual steradians..

Assuming uniform beams (obviously this isn't the case for the spot spill), the ratio of candela for the same lumens is:

π*(sin40°)^2/ π*(sin60°)^2 = 0.55.

So you would almost twice the lumens of a uniform 120° beam to throw as far as a uniform 80° beam. Now our actual spot/spill model will have a lot more lumens and candela in the middle of the beam, so it will throw even further than twice as far. If you compare the lights indoors, you'll get a lot more glare from the spot/spill model due to the much higher intensity, and since your eyes will likely focus on the intense spot, it will look much brighter overall.

Last edited:

dmsoule

Newly Enlightened
I received my h604c and am extremely pleased. I also have an h602w, and some 1500 and 2000 lumen Milwaukee brand 18 volt flood lights to compare. I am certain the h604c puts out 1600 lumens. It also has a beautifully neutral tint, no green, similar to the Milwaukee lights.

Thank you for the quantitative explanation, likethevegetable, very interesting and helpful!

Last edited:

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that any "true Zebralight fanatic" needs to have a pure flood 18650 headlamp, especially if they have arms and do things with them, at arms length;
but I don't see needing more than one, or needing to upgrade very often at all.
Maybe I'm not a true Zebralight fanatic, but I'll bet that aside from improvements to the tint, that my 602w is just about as good as the newest pure flood MK IV, or some upcoming MK V for that matter.
I definitely won't stake any claims like that for my "old" 600Fw MK II against the new 600Fc MK IV however.

Last edited:

Keitho

Enlightened
Well said eh4. I see my mkIII fc as a lifetime purchase, or at least something that I won't consider upgrading for a decade or 2. I've been upgrading my sc's every year or so, however...

AEDe

Newly Enlightened
This user reports overheating of the spring in addition to the already known PID output behavior...
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/59082
Hi, it is me!
Overheating is one part of a problem. The other side is large voltage drop on overheated spring it results in stepdown from H1 at 3.8V. (even under active cooling). So if your battery <3.8v you can turn on H1, but after heating up of spring step down take place.

phips

Newly Enlightened
Flicker? Overheating spring? Oscillating PID?

I really regret being such a greedy ******* and pre-ordering.
Although Zebralight had a really good track-record so far in my perception.

ateupwithgolf

Enlightened
I ordered a H600Fc Mk IV 18650 XHP50.2 Floody 4000K High CRI Headlamp on 12/27. Still haven't received it, despite 4 emails with assurance it would be shipped in "3-7 days" that was 21 days ago and the latest email says 1-3 weeks, "sorry"

Anybody know what the deal is? Wondering if I should cancel this order if there are known problems?

ateupwithgolf

Enlightened
I ordered a H600Fc Mk IV 18650 XHP50.2 Floody 4000K High CRI Headlamp on 12/27. Still haven't received it, despite 4 emails with assurance it would be shipped in "3-7 days" that was 21 days ago and the latest email says 1-3 weeks, "sorry"

Anybody know what the deal is? Wondering if I should cancel this order if there are known problems?

Must be a zebralight lurker on here LOL. I just got shipping confirmation. Go figure.

Nev

Banned
Tell the lurker they need to do a it more work on the MK IV 's before I buy one[emoji12]

3rdhvn

Newly Enlightened
My solution for magnetizing my lights is gluing an array of rectangular magnets approx. 2x3x5 mm each on the pocket clip, and putting some heat shrink around it for protection. It takes 3 or 4 to get a nice strength - I've hung my H53c with an Eneloop from a screw. The real beauty of using a pocket clip for magnets is the ability to point a right angle light anywhere in a hemisphere.
I was wondering where you got your magnets?Thanks

ank

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know the runtimes for H600FD for each mode, H1, H2 etc ?

AEDe

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know the runtimes for H600FD for each mode, H1, H2 etc ?
Runtimes should be the same as for H600fc
According my tests with cooling and new 18650GA ~1600lm 10min, ~1000лм 55min. Without coolind at 25C for 1600,1000,600 runtimes are about 2.5 h

Last edited: