Zebralight H600 Mark II coming August 2013!!!

Jiffy

Newly Enlightened
Woohoo, mine just arrived! Less than 11 days so not bad for free shipping. I still don't have any batteries yet doh!

MNDan

Newly Enlightened
I ordered mine yesterday - can't wait! Won't have my batteries from FastTech for a couple of weeks, so hopefully the timing will work out perfectly. I hope my H51w will like having a big brother!

NSG-K9

Newly Enlightened
Woohoo, mine just arrived! Less than 11 days so not bad for free shipping. I still don't have any batteries yet doh!

Good to hear it arrived! I just don't have the patience to wait for the free delivery and would worry it was put on a container ship to Mexico by mistake :eek:

Hope it serves you well, Jiffy

DIΩDΣ

Enlightened
I finally took the plunge and ordered an H600w mkII. Will be my first ever 18650 light, after having only AA zebras and a 2AA quark. I can't wait!

Well I got my batteries but no charger or light yet lol!

Considering it would be barely different from the new SC600w and H602Fw, no chance of that ever happening. Even XP-G2 is more likely.
Agreed. A year or two ago when ZL proposed a whole spreadsheet worth of new lights and configurations I may have though maybe, but now I think not. I really like the angle head of the H series myself, even as a handheld light.

But if I were designing lights, besides making a threaded bezel I might also make the whole head threaded (most flashlights are usually anyhow) but also make a similarly sized threaded opening on the back side, with a plug of some sort (perhaps an integrated battery indicator on it too?), and one could screw the head on either angled or strait. I think zebras could be the ultimate light if they were a bit more customizable and not single purpose built (though even being single purpose they are amazingly versatile still).

Last edited:

stp

Newly Enlightened
DIΩDΣ;4292790 said:
Agreed. A year or two ago when ZL proposed a whole spreadsheet worth of new lights and configurations I may have though maybe, but now I think not. I really like the angle head of the H series myself, even as a handheld light.

But if I were designing lights, besides making a threaded bezel I might also make the whole head threaded (most flashlights are usually anyhow) but also make a similarly sized threaded opening on the back side, with a plug of some sort (perhaps an integrated battery indicator on it too?), and one could screw the head on either angled or strait. I think zebras could be the ultimate light if they were a bit more customizable and not single purpose built (though even being single purpose they are amazingly versatile still).

I agree with most (threaded bezel - yes!) but there is one thing I would like to point. Currently the driver and led in ZL is integrated into one circuit board. So when you take a head off you will be left with aluminium pipe with a cap and a spring. What I'm trying to say is that the price for a head wouldn't differ much compared with head+body so most people would buy heads with a body just because of this. So there isn't a lot of economic motivation for ZL to offer something like this. And yes I get and like the idea - it would be easier to carry "two" lights with you when you would only need one light and second head.

DIΩDΣ

Enlightened
I agree with most (threaded bezel - yes!) but there is one thing I would like to point. Currently the driver and led in ZL is integrated into one circuit board. So when you take a head off you will be left with aluminium pipe with a cap and a spring. What I'm trying to say is that the price for a head wouldn't differ much compared with head+body so most people would buy heads with a body just because of this. So there isn't a lot of economic motivation for ZL to offer something like this. And yes I get and like the idea - it would be easier to carry "two" lights with you when you would only need one light and second head.

Well my point for the threaded head wasnt so it could be purchased separate (I didnt even think of that actually), its so that you could screw it on like it is now, or swap the plug and screw it on straight like the photo from turkeylord. Think of it like a 4-way cross type connector. One switch and one led, and two more ports that the body can be screwed onto and then a plug for the left over port, so it could be straight or 90º.

It would also made the led, circuit board, and switch all user serviceable.

I'm not sure of the economics of it, I hate economics. But possibly it could save them money by only producing one light that could be configured as an 'H' or 'SC', and I think a more user customizable light might appeal to more customers. Question is would they sell more of 1 hybrid compared too multiple separate ones? IDK. But Zebra would probably never do this anyways, they like to make every single configuration an individual model and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Last edited:

turkeylord

Enlightened
All that modularity would likely come at a price of the whole light being larger, and it's compactness is my favorite feature. Heck, its smaller than a lot of AA lights!

BababooeyHTJ

Newly Enlightened
I like having a much thicker SC. It does heatsink a lot better than the headlamps.

I use the higher output settings for longer lengths of time with my sc than I do with the headlamp. Like peeking across a drop ceiling.

I like carrying my SC600 on me at all times and I keep my 602 in my too bag. They serve different purposes for me.

Last edited:

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like carrying my SC600 on me at all times and I keep my 602 in my too bag. They serve different purposes for me.

Is it possible to hold the SC600 in your mouth? Just curious as I rarely use a light holding it in my hands anymore since headlamps have brecome my go-to source of light for the past several years. Having said that, I did just order the SC600 MKII but the first generation of it since it was only $62 and I figured with the great UI and Zebralight runtimes, even for a handheld it will get more use than say a dinosaur like a 3-D Maglite.

BababooeyHTJ

Newly Enlightened
Not for long. The sc600 is is a pretty heavy light compared to the headlamps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 4

turkeylord

Enlightened
I'll report that the protected NCR18650B cells I bought from Fasttech (SKU 1141104) fit fine in the H600w MK II. They're listed as having a length of 69.4mm. They are however a very tight fit in both my chargers, an Xtar WP2 II and an Intellicharger i2. They don't fit (diameter wise) in the old H60w.

creyc

Enlightened
Has anyone else been pining for a straight head version to match?

Excuse the amateur photoshop here...

Iwvw6bR.jpg

:hitit:

Personally I really dislike these scalloped bodies like the SC52 and H600, and much prefer the look of the SC600. Maybe I'm weird..

markr6

Flashaholic
Personally I really dislike these scalloped bodies like the SC52 and H600, and much prefer the look of the SC600. Maybe I'm weird..

Same here. I've gotten used to it, but still wish it was smooth or 2 flat sides (like new Fenix E11) with some knurling.

DIΩDΣ

Enlightened
Yeah I don't care for the 'ribbed for her pleasure' kinda look. :thumbsdow

Before I got my first ZL I thought they all looked kinda of goofy. But I really liked my H51 after I got it, different can be good. I'm sure I wont mind the looks of the H600 after I get it, but wish it was different. Even smooth like the H51's would be better IMO. I wonder if knurling would make it too difficult to slip into their silicone holder.

kazkut

Newly Enlightened
Guess I got kinda lucky. I didn't even know zebralight came out with an mkii. Went on Amazon to find a new head lamp. Ordered a neat looking h600w mkii on friday and had it at my door in 5 days. 89.00 and free shipping. I looked on Tuesday and it was already out of stock on amazon. The ui is pretty sweet, and i can't wait to use it when ice fishing comes around again.

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update: I received my warranty replacement H600FW from ZL today. I shipped the defective one on the 3rd and received replacement on the 11th. They responded to my delima quickly and replaced it with a new unit. Thanks ZL for taking care of it in a timely manner.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update: I received my warranty replacement H600FW from ZL today. I shipped the defective one on the 3rd and received replacement on the 11th. They responded to my delima quickly and replaced it with a new unit. Thanks ZL for taking care of it in a timely manner.

Thanks for the update!

Is anyone dunk-testing theirs?
If I order one it's the first thing ill do as I can't be out in the field with a light I don't trust.

creyc

Enlightened
Thanks for the update!

Is anyone dunk-testing theirs?
If I order one it's the first thing ill do as I can't be out in the field with a light I don't trust.

No way! My first Zebralight headlight didn't fend off a heavy dousing of rain, and I've seen too many other users reports of leaks to actually submit my H600 to a complete dunking.

Splashes here and there, no problem. If this light had a screw tight bezel I might consider it..

3Cylinders

Newly Enlightened
I would really like to see Zebralight release a separate head that you could screw on the tailcap end of your existing light. That would give you the ability to have, for instance, an H600W MkII on one end and an H602W on the other end. Then you could use either flood or standard beam as needed. The only trouble would be getting the + voltage to the emitter. Maybe this could be engineered into future versions of the headlamps and SC series.