Zebralight H600F c/d mk3 85cri and XM-L 2?

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my shipping notice today. Can't wait to compare with 62D and L11C Nichia version in a couple days.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
2x CR123A is great to have. and i don't think 4.35v is what they meant by "wider". 0.15v isn't even noteworthy

but knowing zebralight they'd probably throttle down the power when in 2x CR123A mode...

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
We should not compare H600F mark 2 vs. mark 3. We should compare mark 3 vs. SC62 because of... They 1x18650 & CRI = 85? Any other similarities? They are both at least headlamps? -No.
High CRI - is a relative concept, no need to separate such flashlights to an independent kind.

I have to disagree. It should be compared to the high CRI versions of their lights since this is what it is designed for. Their previous series of lights that were high CRI used the Philips Luxeon LED which offered around 320 lumens max output in the lights it was used in. This was as hard as this LED could be pushed and not as efficient. Now with them switching their lineup away from the Luxeon and towards the new Easywhite LED's it is a valid comparison to contrast them since the Easywhite IS the replacement. Had they decided to make a high CRI version of the MK2 it would have used the Luxeon LED and had similar output to the SC62d which is the main point.

Also I'm not sure where the info is coming from that this can't support 4.35v as Zebralights page clearly states the following: "Battery: One 18650 size (up to 69mm long) 3.6V-4.35V li-ion rechargeable." It is clear from this that the 4.35v 18650 cells mentioned earlier will be compatible with this light. In order to maintain the best efficiency they likely did not add support for 2 rcr123 cells as this would make for a less efficient circuit thus reducing runtimes. I think this is a great headlamp and the high CRI is great. They will likely release a normal version as well in the standard cool white and neutral white with XM-L2 emitters getting around 1100 lumens if I had to guess.

markr6

Flashaholic
^ I agree. Great light, hopefully a great tint with pretty darn good performance not that far away from H600w. Regardless, the H600w gets me to a point where I really don't need anything brighter. Runtime is the key for me at this point. 620lm or 330lm modes are plenty for everything I need it for.

Sulik

Newly Enlightened
  • Operating Voltage Range: 2.7V - 6.0V
  • Battery: One 18650 size (up to 69mm long) 3.6V-4.35V li-ion rechargeable.

It wasn't written there 12 hours ago! Good news! I like it!
Damn copy paste...

insanefred

Enlightened
  • Operating Voltage Range: 2.7V - 6.0V
  • Battery: One 18650 size (up to 69mm long) 3.6V-4.35V li-ion rechargeable.

It wasn't written there 12 hours ago! Good news! I like it!
Damn copy paste...

Wait what?! Is zebralight ****ing with us now? :devil:

Looks like that also removed "orange peel reflector".

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
LOL! We have a sleeper...someone here works for ZL. We'll never know who :)

I'm still waiting for them to send me a package containing an SC62 with Nichia 219 and a note that says "Here you go...now shut the hell up about good tints"

insanefred

Enlightened
LOL! We have a sleeper...someone here works for ZL. We'll never know who :)

I'm still waiting for them to send me a package containing an SC62 with Nichia 219 and a note that says "Here you go...now shut the hell up about good tints"

:sssh:

Got a shipped notice. This time I ordered mine with Priority mail, so hopefully it is less likely to get lost.

Last edited:

Enlightened
2x CR123A is great to have. and i don't think 4.35v is what they meant by "wider". 0.15v isn't even noteworthy but knowing zebralight they'd probably throttle down the power when in 2x CR123A mode...
That's not ZL's problem. CR123A has much lower discharge rates usually 1 or 1.5 amperes. Of course it's going to have less punch.

Enlightened
I have to disagree. It should be compared to the high CRI versions of their lights since this is what it is designed for. Their previous series of lights that were high CRI used the Philips Luxeon LED which offered around 320 lumens max output in the lights it was used in. This was as hard as this LED could be pushed and not as efficient. Now with them switching their lineup away from the Luxeon and towards the new Easywhite LED's it is a valid comparison to contrast them since the Easywhite IS the replacement. Had they decided to make a high CRI version of the MK2 it would have used the Luxeon LED and had similar output to the SC62d which is the main point.
Philips does have a comparable LED, the Luxeon M, which is a quad just like the XM-L2 EasyWhite.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes but they've never implemented that in any of the Zebralight product line. The best high CRI they used before the Easywhite was the Luxeon T. It gave 320 lumens when pushed to the max. The new Easywhite is the replacement for the Luxeon and gives 800+ lumens with the same type of battery. It's clear between these two which one is better. Also they probably introduced a slightly more efficient circuit as well.

markr6

Flashaholic
Yes but they've never implemented that in any of the Zebralight product line. The best high CRI they used before the Easywhite was the Luxeon T. It gave 320 lumens when pushed to the max. The new Easywhite is the replacement for the Luxeon and gives 800+ lumens with the same type of battery. It's clear between these two which one is better. Also they probably introduced a slightly more efficient circuit as well.

I almost wish my H600w would die so I could get an H600Fd :) No, not really. I love my H600w!

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
People like selling their used flashlights for very minimal loss, so you could always do that!

markr6

Flashaholic
People like selling their used flashlights for very minimal loss, so you could always do that!

HAHA I do too much of that already! But if the H600Fd is irresistible after seeing some reviews, it could come to that.

insanefred

Enlightened
HAHA I do too much of that already! But if the H600Fd is irresistible after seeing some reviews, it could come to that.

I have the H600w (won the tint lottery with this one), the H600fc mk3 would be the perfect companion.

yelojaket

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, pretty well decided that I need one of these H600F Mk III's as my first 18650 light to compliment my ZL SC52w and H52Fw. Just have a couple questions and interested in your thoughts.

c version (800 lumens, 4000K) or the d (870 lumen, 5000K)....which do you prefer and why?

Also, which 18650 do you like best for this light and where's the best place to purchase it?

Thanks in advance,
Greg

insanefred

Enlightened
Hey guys, pretty well decided that I need one of these H600F Mk III's as my first 18650 light to compliment my ZL SC52w and H52Fw. Just have a couple questions and interested in your thoughts.

c version (800 lumens, 4000K) or the d (870 lumen, 5000K)....which do you prefer and why?

Also, which 18650 do you like best for this light and where's the best place to purchase it?

Thanks in advance,
Greg

Rarely ever use the 630 lumen mode on my H600w, less likely to use 800 or 870 lumen modes, unless I am showing it off to joe sixpack. It is unlikely you'll ever tell the difference anyways. Tint and beam profile is far more important and will make a big difference, especially outdoors.

The Panasonic NCR 18650B is the safest bet, but there are now better options. I might get a NCR 18650GA for this light, I want to get my light first and decide.