Zebralight H600F c/d mk3 85cri and XM-L 2?

uofaengr

Enlightened
We know the d is somewhere around 4700-4750K. Wish we could get a measurement of the c to see where it actually is.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
We know the d is somewhere around 4700-4750K. Wish we could get a measurement of the c to see where it actually is.

From earlier in this thread...

Currently I received H600Fc and Fd lights and tested, white paper + photo camera with RAW, set white balance in Photoshop.
(I understand, that's my method isn't true precision)

- ZebraLight H602 : 4600-4650(auto by camera) 4500-4600K (manual), edges is slightly greenish (because naked Led).
- ZebraLight H600W (I) : 4300-4350(auto) 4250-4350K (manual)
- ZebraLight H600FD : 4800(auto) 4900-5000K (manual)
- ZebraLight H600FC : 4050(auto) 3950-4000K (manual)

for compare,
- Osram halogen Decostar51 IRC lamp (3000K for 50W model, I tested 20w), 2650 auto, 2650-2700 (manual), very good color.
- Solux halogen 3500K lamp : 3550K auto and manual. Excellent white color.

Fd is more contrast (because has more blue light in spectra).
Fc is better for forest (my opinition).
-----------------------------
I don't see PWM in all modes.

Maukka's measurement for the "d" was 4760K and evgeniy's was 4800K so the "c" should be right around 4000-4100K.

Last edited:

shira

Newly Enlightened
Stupid question:

How do you know whether your H600F III is a "c" or a "d"? I ordered a "c", but the only marking I see is what looks like the characters "ce" on the back (except that the "e" has a rounded back [just like the "c"]. Does the "d" have a different symbol?

Edit: See the top photo in post 173: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...i-and-XM-L-2&p=4787224&viewfull=1#post4787224 That's what I see on my headlamp.

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stupid question:

How do you know whether your H600F III is a "c" or a "d"? I ordered a "c", but the only marking I see is what looks like the characters "ce" on the back (except that the "e" has a rounded back [just like the "c"]. Does the "d" have a different symbol?

Edit: See the top photo in post 173: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...i-and-XM-L-2&p=4787224&viewfull=1#post4787224 That's what I see on my headlamp.

The box should say Fd or Fc on it. There is now identifying marks on the light itself that I am aware of. The "d" will be much cooler(4700-4800K) then the warmer "c"(4000-4100K) and appear more yellowish(remember there is a variance between emitters and those are just approximate temps). There are beamshots of both earlier in this thread. If you want to confirm then just download a CCT measuring app for your phone like the one listed earlier in this thread. Here it is...

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by uofaengr
Tint is very nice. Near identical to my ~4700K SC62w, my $1 CCT measuring app shows 4750K on H1 and H2B and 4500K on M1 and M2A which pretty much lines up with what user maukka measured in his awesome review. (yay 1 dollar lol)
Cool, it's an awesome light. What app did you use?

edit: Oh, I suppose this one http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...mperature-apps

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...a.camera&hl=fi

Last edited:

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stupid question:

If you have a camera, set white balance to daylight and take a pic of the beam. If it appears very close to white, then it's a "d." If it is noticeably more yellow/orange, then it's a "c"

geokite

Newly Enlightened
Stupid question:

No labels on any of the ZL headlights. I have 13 of their headlights, and while some are quite obvious which are which (H502r vs. H52 vs. H502w), others are not. Haven't come up with a good method to keep track of them, other than location in the house based on usage. Knuckle lights (two H502d) go with the running stuff, H502w goes on the backpack, H502r goes on the back of the helmet, etc.

Steve

shira

Newly Enlightened
No labels on any of the ZL headlights. I have 13 of their headlights, and while some are quite obvious which are which (H502r vs. H52 vs. H502w), others are not. Haven't come up with a good method to keep track of them, other than location in the house based on usage. Knuckle lights (two H502d) go with the running stuff, H502w goes on the backpack, H502r goes on the back of the helmet, etc.

Steve

Makes you wonder how ZL staff knows what they're shipping out when there are different versions of the same light. Or how resellers know. There's absolutely no marking on the shipping box to indicate the model, unless it got covered over by the shipping label.

Oh, wait, I peeled up the "USPS Tracking #" portion of the shipping label, and I can see that there is an identifying label underneath. Even though the top layer (including the text) from that identifying label also got peeled and is firmly affixed to the underside of the shipping label, I can easily read the reversed text, which identifies the headlamp as "H600Fc III". Maybe I'll discreetly scratch an identifier somewhere on the headlamp.

Jobeanie123

Newly Enlightened

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am thinking of getting the h600Fd since it has a more neutral tint to replace my h600w mkii. Out of stock at both Zebralight themselves and at the dealer closest to me which carries the brand.

uofaengr

Enlightened
Used my H600Fd III tonight for about an hour or so while grilling. M1 gives just enough light for this task, and HI CRI is nice when it comes to looking at the doneness of meat. Such a pleasure to use.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used my H600Fd III tonight for about an hour or so while grilling. M1 gives just enough light for this task, and HI CRI is nice when it comes to looking at the doneness of meat. Such a pleasure to use.

Its a great headlamp, I love mine too. My H600Fc MKIII should be here Wednesday. I cant wait to compare them.

flybird

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone compare beam shot between H600 c/d with H600FW ?
I suppose beam shot are very close to each other , diferent would be on the tint as follow :
C ( 4000K) --> FW ( 4400K ) --> D ( 5000K )

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone compare beam shot between H600 c/d with H600FW ?
I suppose beam shot are very close to each other , diferent would be on the tint as follow :
C ( 4000K) --> FW ( 4400K ) --> D ( 5000K )

There is beam shots of the "c" and "d" earlier in the thread but, none of all three that I am aware of. Keep in mind that in addition to the CCT differences, the "w" is not as high of CRI as the others and uses the older driver and emitter(it is a MKII) as well.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I just got my H600Fc MKIII. On my phone app(Color Temp Meter) my "c" measures approximately at 4160K and my "d" measures approximately at 4960K(I say approximately because I just ran a quick test in a semi dark room bouncing them against a cheap piece of white paper). I like them both and think they will each shine at different applications. I will do some testing with the "c" tonight and give a further impression/comparison at a later time.

gunga

Flashaholic
My H600fc only took a week from illumn.com! Love that place. So far I'm loving it. Quiet switch, nicely built, beautiful warm tint (4000Kish).

I'm using it with a clip. Backup as headlamp. I'm using unprotected batteries so have a lot of battery rattle. ;)

A post it note solved the issue.