Zebralight H600F c/d mk3 85cri and XM-L 2?

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may consider one of the MKIII Zebralight headlamps but so far my 2 MKII 600F and 602 are doing well AS-IS.

Where does CPF hide the dealers CPF promo code thread these days? I remember before they created the CPF Mall it used to be on CPF Marketplace but that site is read-only now and there is no code listed for ILLUMN.com.

It's in the Dealers section of the mall now under good deals and is stickied at the top.

Illumination is the code for ilumn I think but only works on some lights etc.

wormyian

Newly Enlightened
Just got in off the beach and thought i would try My H600Fc MKIII and found that i can see much better looking at the sand than i can with the My H600Fd MKIII must be something to do with the tint no idea why but it defo better.
Only problem was i was plunged into darkness in less than an hour so out came the trusty acebeam H10 need about 3 hrs of light which is impossible with 1 battery , please dont suggest using on lower setting as its just not bright enough for the job need the full power.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok that does it.
I've wanted an H600F version for a while now, and this thread confirms that the H600Fc III is it.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a note. Got a replacement very fast (only a few days). It's been great so far!

Glad to hear gunga:thumbsup:. There great headlamps. I am really enjoying both my "c and d". I cant wait to really put them through their paces this year. Now if winter would just hurry up and end:sigh:

waxing twilight

Newly Enlightened
I think I should have just ordered a H600fc MK III and gotten it over with, trying to wait for the h600w MK III is killing me, lol. Plus I could be getting some very thorough use out of it with so many hours of darkness in a day over the winter. Plus I am really curious about whether I would prefer/how much difference between a floody beam and a regular beam with diffusion film.:beer:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I should have just ordered a H600fc MK III and gotten it over with, trying to wait for the h600w MK III is killing me, lol. Plus I could be getting some very thorough use out of it with so many hours of darkness in a day over the winter. Plus I am really curious about whether I would prefer/how much difference between a floody beam and a regular beam with diffusion film.:beer:

I personally find that a diffused beam is better for 90%+ of headlamp uses over a standard spot/spill beam so I much prefer the frosted lens floody models. While diffuser film/magic tape works, I dont think it is worth the hassle when I prefer floody most of the time. It is also a huge pain carrying and installing diffusion film in the field. I find that carrying a separate flashlight for throw(which I always have on me anyway) is the best option and a floody headlamp - spot/spill flashlight is a great combo. YMMV.

Last edited:

throwerloverX

Newly Enlightened
I personally find that a diffused beam is better for 90%+ of headlamp uses over a standard spot/spill beam so I much prefer the frosted lens floody models. While diffuser film/magic tape works, I dont think it is worth the hassle when I prefer floody most of the time. It is also a huge pain carrying and installing diffusion film in the field. I find that carrying a separate flashlight for throw(which I always have on me anyway) is the best option and a floody headlamp - spot/spill flashlight is a great combo. YMMV.

Could you post some outdoor pics using both h600fc and d version?

PB Wilson

Newly Enlightened
I received my H600Fd last night and tried it out while I took the dogs out after dark. It lit up my yard so nicely and covered the area using a few different levels quite well.

I've got a camping overnight with my son this weekend and will get to use it for a good long time outside and in the tent. Overall, I believe that it's going to be my go-to light. Good size, nice illumination, lots of levels...what's not to like?

PB Wilson

Newly Enlightened
My H600Fd was a hit with the campers last night! They had never seen so much wonderful-looking light from such a small package. It worked extremely well in lighting up a large enough area by the pond so the kids could spot fish, salamanders, crayfish and bullfrogs. I'm really glad that I chose the frosted model. It covered a good amount of area in light without any harshness at all. It was a world of difference from all the other lights in the camp. I can't wait to use it on a night hike.

tops2

Enlightened
After not being satisfied with the tint and CRI of my newly purchased Armytek Wizard Pro v3 XHP35, I just bit the bullet last night and bought the H600Fd. This morning I received the notice its been shipped. Can't wait!
(The UI and form factor of the Wizard Pro is totally fine though.)

After using the Wizard Pro as my EDC light for the past week, I totally see the advantage of using a headlamp as a large EDC (large compared to my Olight S1..). And I love my SC5w so much so I have high expectations from this light! If all goes according to expectations, I'm pretty much done with lights for a long time (with the exception of the Zebralight SC600Fd III Plus..but not sure if I have unrealistic expectation for this Plus version).

PB Wilson

Newly Enlightened
I've been loving using my H600Fd. I'm very glad I spoke at length with a rep at Zebralight about the frosted lens for a headlamp. I hope you enjoy yours. I just recently bought a SC600w HI and I'm looking forward to a night hike with the two of them. The headlamp to light up the area and the HI to be able to point out specifics at a distance.

Dare I say I'm done buying flashlights for a looooong while? Heresy?

tops2

Enlightened
I've been loving using my H600Fd. I'm very glad I spoke at length with a rep at Zebralight about the frosted lens for a headlamp. I hope you enjoy yours. I just recently bought a SC600w HI and I'm looking forward to a night hike with the two of them. The headlamp to light up the area and the HI to be able to point out specifics at a distance.

Until the Plus version? :p

But I know how you feel. I'm totally on the fence about the HI version, but keep thinking about it.
For me, these Zebralights seems to be my "end lights"... But we'll see.. :crackup:

Newguy2012

Enlightened

Reading about this kinda made me think ordering the flood was a bad choice. I was thinking flood is good for anything within arms reach.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reading about this kinda made me think ordering the flood was a bad choice. I was thinking flood is good for anything within arms reach.

It depends on what you use it for. An all flood beam is very useful as a general area light for tasks such as reading, cooking, taking a shower, putting on your clothes, etc.

For tasks that require your eyes to focus on fine details such as soldering, hand sewing, watch repair, etc., a more narrow beam is better.

As an example: recently I used my H52w with a diffuser film (similar to ZL frosted lens) to do some hand sewing work on my cargo pants. At one point I decided to remove the diffuser film. I ended up liking it better without the diffuser film. Why? With a more narrow beam, my eyes are less distracted by peripheral lumens.

There is such a thing as too much flood. I think 120 degree is too much flood.

Still I think you will be wowed by all that flood light. Don't worry. You will find plenty of uses for a 120 degree beam all flood light even if it does not meet all your needs. My H502w is my desk lamp which I use 24/7. Only turn it off to change battery.

Last edited:

roger-roger

Enlightened
It depends on what you use it for. An all flood beam is very useful as a general area light for tasks such as reading, cooking, taking a shower, putting on your clothes, etc.

For tasks that require your eyes to focus on fine details such as soldering, hand sewing, watch repair, etc., a more narrow beam is better.

As an example: recently I used my H52w with a diffuser film (similar to ZL frosted lens) to do some hand sewing work on my cargo pants. At one point I decided to remove the diffuser film. I ended up liking it better without the diffuser film. Why? With a more narrow beam, my eyes are less distracted by peripheral lumens.

There is such a thing as too much flood. I think 120 degree is too much flood.

Still I think you will be wowed by all that flood light. Don't worry. You will find plenty of uses for a 120 degree beam all flood light even if it does not meet all your needs. My H502w is my desk lamp which I use 24/7. Only turn it off to change battery.

I have an H32Fw and with its moderate power level for such detail work (removing thorns etc), with my eyes there's a significant difference using it with 7" or 18" of throw. The former being excellent, the latter just adequate. I've used it for pre-sunrise dog walks, and for close in use really like the frosted Floody lens, which gives a very clean beam of light.

The H600Fw MKIII will bring more of the same and increased versatility, and is definitely on my 2016 wtb list.

tops2

Enlightened
Talk about fast shipping. Ordered last Thursday and already received it today!

I've only had a chance to do a quick test at the office where its bright so I can't really judge the brightness very well.

So far I love it more than my Wizard Pro. Its got the awesome Zebralight UI. I like the neutral of this light much better. The Wizard clip fits perfectly. Its about 1cm shorter and feels lighter (which it is). The beam is nice and floody with no hotspot. The CRI looks good so far, but its not dark yet so I can't really tell.

My only gripe for the H600Fd right now is M1 feels so dark. I'll have to go home and wait till after dark to compare my SC5w M1 (45lm) vs H600Fd (62lm). But I know the diffused lense may cause the H600Fd to appear not as bright since the beam is spread out a bit more. I'm also not sure if this is the "d" or "c" version as the shipping label blocks the main Zebralight label..but to my eyes, its the nice, slight yellow/neutral tint and not as warm. I'm also getting used to the grip and location of the button as I'm used to a handheld flashlight and not headlamps.

The Wizard Pro has a wider flood (to me) with good even brightness. I like the anodized feel of the Wizard Pro even though it leaves a lot of marks. The magnetic cap is a bonus.

I can't wait till I get home and for it to get dark. I have a feeling I'll like the H600Fd more due to the UI and tint, but both are good lights.

geokite

Newly Enlightened

And I would say your initial thinking was correct.

I use a H602 around the house the most. Crafts, computer work, attic, dremeling my dogs nails, even use it for night time yard work, all on the brightest non-pid level. I use a H502w or H502d on my waist for night hiking. Unlike most, I prefer to retain the *night time* aspect of night hiking and use the M1 level (about 50 lumens) to give a moonish glow around my feet. And no bouncing spot.

I do not find the 120 degree angle too wide, especially for night hiking.

Steve