Zebralight H600F c/d mk3 85cri and XM-L 2?

gunga

Flashaholic
I just got a skilhunt h03 clip. I think it's same as the nitecore one. I had a stainless dqg mini 3/4 clip they fit perfectly but was not deep carry. This is deep carry.

ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1483916273.930702.jpg

ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1483916285.765638.jpg

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a skilhunt h03 clip. I think it's same as the nitecore one. I had a stainless dqg mini 3/4 clip they fit perfectly but was not deep carry. This is deep carry.

View attachment 4391

View attachment 4392

That looks similar to the Nitecore clip but it isn't quite the same. The Nitecore clip has a nice little ramp to let it slide in your pocket easier. It also appears to have a different coating. The depth of carry looks about the same though from what I remember.

Trango

Newly Enlightened
OK, got the clip (the MH20 one) and the case, well it's a padded pouch to be precise but it does the job nicely :)
The clip fits perfectly, very tight, no need to worry to loose it, but you have to be careful when putting it up or down not to scratch the anodizing on the light (I did :mecry:)
Couple of pics:
IMG_1918.jpg

IMG_1919.jpg

IMG_1921.jpg

IMG_1922.jpg

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad you like the clip Trango:thumbsup:. I was wondering how it would look on the new style body(both my C&D are from the earlier batches with the original ZL body style). Who makes that case?

Trango

Newly Enlightened
Glad you like the clip Trango:thumbsup:. I was wondering how it would look on the new style body(both my C&D are from the earlier batches with the original ZL body style). Who makes that case?

The maker is me°ru' a brand that can be find around here in sports shops.

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my H600fc a few days ago and have a few thoughts: Compared to the H51fw- size and weight wise, it's not much bigger or heavier and I find is better for general use or hiking with an extended runtime at similar levels. However, around the house or reading in bed I prefer the smaller size especially when I have access to a bunch of Eneloops and don't have to worry about battery consumption.

The tint is amazing! I'm glad I went with the "c" and not the "d" for me It's a perfect tint showing colors perfectly! No puke green or blue at all, it has a rosy color when white wall hunting but I can't see it in regular use unless I am on the lower levels.

The beam pattern around the house: I would probably get the H502c for its all flood but for general use it's a perfect compromise between an annoying, bouncing "spot" and close range flood. That being said I was hoping for a bigger hotspot, compared to my H51fw it is bigger and smoother but the xp-g had an inner and outer hotspot, which together is just a bit smaller, then the xm-l. This eyeball comparison was only done indoors.

My only issue that I have is the settings, I would prefer a fully programmable UI but that will have to wait… I would like to have the lowest of medium mode (8.3lumen) moved down to the low so that I can switch between moonlight and the 8.3 and have a higher medium mode added (so as to have something between the Med1- 57 lumens and the lowest of the high- 107 lumens) but I am nitpicking.

I appreciate the beacon and strobes being easy to access but out of the way of general use. Good for bike light but the triple click means it's not in the way of day-to-day uses.

I bought the clip for the H51 and it works well, but I think the clip that Trango is using will probably be better.

All in all this is an amazing light; I am kicking myself for not getting it sooner! I now have to pair it up with another 18650 handheld light for travel. Hmm HDS?!?

Last edited:

Ag76

Newly Enlightened
I've been planning on getting an H600Fw, but am wondering if I should consider the H600Fc instead. How does the beam pattern compare between these two lights?

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been planning on getting an H600Fw, but am wondering if I should consider the H600Fc instead. How does the beam pattern compare between these two lights?
The beam pattern is almost the same because the only thing different is the emitter(XM-L2 Easy White vs. XHP35) and both are heavily diffused by the frosted lens. It's the colour temperature(CCT) and CRI that are different. The "w" is 4500K/80 CRI and the "c" is 4000K/83-85 CRI. The "w" will also generally not have as pure of a tint and there will be much more of a tint lottery as it is a 5-step MacAdam Ellipse binned emitter and the "c" is a 2-step(much tighter tint tollerance). The "w" will be slightly brighter however, but not a whole lot as you need 4 times the lumens to appear twice as bright to the human eye.

Ag76

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Tachead....I'm torn between getting an H600w MkIII vs the H600Fw, and now I'm thinking I should also consider the H600Fc. I'm thinking maybe start off with the H600w, and put try using some magic tape on it if I'm in a situation where I need a more floody beam. This decision would sure be easier if I could try out all three lights somewhere. I've watched Youtube videos until my head hurts! On the other hand, I guess it would be a good excuse just to get another light.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Tachead....I'm torn between getting an H600w MkIII vs the H600Fw, and now I'm thinking I should also consider the H600Fc. I'm thinking maybe start off with the H600w, and put try using some magic tape on it if I'm in a situation where I need a more floody beam. This decision would sure be easier if I could try out all three lights somewhere. I've watched Youtube videos until my head hurts! On the other hand, I guess it would be a good excuse just to get another light.
No problem👍.

Did you watch any of Stefano's ZL comparison videos?

My personal opinion is the floody("F") Zebralight models offer the most useful all around beam pattern. The regular reflector models(H600) are too throwy for many uses, can give the bouncing ball effect when hiking or running, and don't offer enough spill coverage in some applications. The full flood/mule models(H603 etc.), on the other hand, have too little throw and are only really good for close range uses(although they are great for close range uses). I think an "F" model headlamp combined with a small throwy flashlight offers the best of both worlds and this combination works great imo.

Last edited:

Ag76

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I've watched hours of Stefano's videos, some of them multiple times. Stefano seems to like the regular Armytek Wizard in several of his videos comparing it to the H600Fw, so this afternoon I ordered one. Then I went ahead and ordered an H600w. I've got a feeling I'll end up ordering one of the "F" models sooner or later. Your advice makes a lot of sense, so I'm hoping the Armytek will cover that base until my wallet recovers and I can decided between the Fw and Fc. I had to buy a charger and batteries today for the lights, (also bought a Nitecore P30 on sale) and thought I better let the wife know what I just spent. She said she didn't have as much a concern about the money spent as she did with my sudden obsession with flashlights. I just blamed it on you guys.

Tachead, if you had to choose between the ZL H600Fw and Fc, which one would you go with? Anyone else who wants to chime in, I'd like to hear your thoughts. Thanks for the help.

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking maybe start off with the H600w, and put try using some magic tape on it if I'm in a situation where I need a more floody beam. This decision would sure be easier if I could try out all three lights somewhere. I've watched Youtube videos until my head hurts! On the other hand, I guess it would be a good excuse just to get another light.

I have the sc600w and put diffuser film on it- I like the beam but for my headlamp I don't see myself needing to take it on and off so I got the H600fc. It would be great if we were able to play around with all of them before we buy it...

as as far as the xpl of the wizard it looks really good in stefano's video- the reason I went with Zebralight was the amazing UI and the quality of the ones that I have.

Tachead really explained the difference between the various models perfectly.

Ag76

Newly Enlightened
Thanks psychbeat...I found one of Stefano's videos comparing the H600Fw, H600Fc, and the Armytek Wizard V3 warm. The H600Fc and Wizard color temperature looked fairly similar in the video, which I guess they should since they're both supposed to be 4000K. If the H600w has the same color temperature as the H600Fw (4500K), I'm thinking I can compare the Wizard color temperature to the H600w, both of which I have on order. Maybe in this way I can get an idea if I'd prefer the H600Fc over the Fw.

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tech25, between the tint of your SC600w and H600Fc, do you have a preference?

Side by side- Without question the H600fc- there is zero green or blue where my sc600w has green but in outdoor use, it's not as noticeable. However the fc shows color better- the "w" is a good tint but I feel more "natural" and "relaxed" with the 4k tints.

Ag76

Newly Enlightened
Side by side- Without question the H600fc- there is zero green or blue where my sc600w has green but in outdoor use, it's not as noticeable. However the fc shows color better- the "w" is a good tint but I feel more "natural" and "relaxed" with the 4k tints.
It sounds like I may need to go with the Fc. Since I don't have enough experience with tint at this point, I'd probably be happy with either light. At some point if I acquire enough lights, I will probably develop a preference. Thanks for the help.