Zebralight SC5w Mk II vs. SC53w/SC53c

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
size?

1646219707453.jpeg

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, SC53 lowest low is 0.067 lumens dimmer.

I lost my SC5c Mk II a few days ago. It was very dark out, not raining but rainy, I reached for the light out of my pocket and before I could activate it, it flew from my hand into the void. I have been looking for it ever since to no avail. Two days ago I discovered my baseball cap in the yard, which had also been missing, and nearby a snip of red paracord I used to hold my pants up which I hadn't noticed had escaped. No flashlight. I went over my last steps, but it was very dark when it flew and I wasn't exactly sure where I was standing. Of course I didn't rake the autumn leaves this time, so it could have been anywhere underneath bunches of wet leaves. Finally I found it a few minutes ago very close to the house, completely exposed, it wasn't hiding under anything.

Which brings me to my thread theft. I have seen the query before with no great answer, but maybe something has changed: does anyone know any way to get a Zebralight lens clean? I tried microfibre, 91% alcohol, ammonia, spit... nothing seems to work, still appears cloudy when blasting. Though the cloudy lens appears to have no effect to the use of the light, it doesn't look clean like when it was OEM out of the box.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, SC53 lowest low is 0.067 lumens dimmer.

I lost my SC5c Mk II a few days ago. It was very dark out, not raining but rainy, I reached for the light out of my pocket and before I could activate it, it flew from my hand into the void. I have been looking for it ever since to no avail. Two days ago I discovered my baseball cap in the yard, which had also been missing, and nearby a snip of red paracord I used to hold my pants up which I hadn't noticed had escaped. No flashlight. I went over my last steps, but it was very dark when it flew and I wasn't exactly sure where I was standing. Of course I didn't rake the autumn leaves this time, so it could have been anywhere underneath bunches of wet leaves. Finally I found it a few minutes ago very close to the house, completely exposed, it wasn't hiding under anything.

Which brings me to my thread theft. I have seen the query before with no great answer, but maybe something has changed: does anyone know any way to get a Zebralight lens clean? I tried microfibre, 91% alcohol, ammonia, spit... nothing seems to work, still appears cloudy when blasting. Though the cloudy lens appears to have no effect to the use of the light, it doesn't look clean like when it was OEM out of the box.

For 'normal' surface contamination of all optical component surfaces, I've never used anything that works as well as ROR. If that doesn't do it, you're likely dealing with something that goes beyond / deeper than 'normal' surface contamination.
EDIT: http://www.ror.net
Direct, B&H, or good camera store are sources

Last edited: