Zebralight SC600w Mk III HI - Pocket Thrower

markr6

Flashaholic
lol, I just emailed them to thank them for access to this and said that us techies would really appreciate any other programming they could offer. The more the better I say. You dont have to use it but, it sure is nice to have access.

Thanks for checking...it could be there and they just didn't want to include instructions since so many people would be frustrated when they couldn't figure it out. I think right now some people already complain about having to read instructions to use a flashlight. Of course, NOT ANY OF US! :) Like you said, better to have it and not use it unless you want to.

BTW, I'm not noticing a difference in PID after programming. Still trying...

After adding 2°, I'm now seeing PID kick in at 18 seconds, compared to the 12-15seconds from factory. But it could be due to the starting temperature. I am trying to let it cool back down though. This is for the SC63w. Off topic for this thread, but it just got a lot of momentum so I went with it here.

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for checking...it could be there and they just didn't want to include instructions since so many people would be frustrated when they couldn't figure it out. I think right now some people already complain about having to read instructions to use a flashlight. Of course, NOT ANY OF US! :) Like you said, better to have it and not use it unless you want to.

BTW, I'm not noticing a difference in PID after programming. Still trying...

No problem.

Keep trying and make sure you do the sequence exactly how it says. I set my H600Fd MKIII to its lowest setting and the head only gets to 38-39C now after 5 minutes or so of constant on in H1. I havent tested much yet but when I first got it I quickly checked it and it was up to 43C+ after a couple of minutes. So it appears to work.

markr6

Flashaholic
I don't have a way to measure temp, but is my thinking correct that the stepdown will start sooner/later depending on the setting? If I add the full 5°, it shouldn't start stepping down until maybe 30 seconds compared to the factory ~14 seconds. (just making up numbers)

OK, up to 23 seconds now. I think I've added 3° so far...I'm losing track!

fnsooner

Enlightened
I'm still waiting, hoping to see a throw comparison between the regular Mk III and the Mk III HI. Anyone.....Bueller?

I have only seen a couple of off the cuff remarks that the HI doesn't throw significantly more than the regular. Both cases though were the neutral HI versus the cool white regular. I want to see neutral vs neutral.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have a way to measure temp, but is my thinking correct that the stepdown will start sooner/later depending on the setting? If I add the full 5°, it shouldn't start stepping down until maybe 30 seconds compared to the factory ~14 seconds. (just making up numbers)

OK, up to 23 seconds now. I think I've added 3° so far...I'm losing track!

Yep, it is a temperature target setting so it will kick in at a lower temp when lowered and, never let it get over the set temp in theory. Which means it will lower the time until the PID kicks in because of that (but thats not a very accurate way to test it because the time it takes will depend on the starting temp). So, if you set it lower the flashlight will run cooler on H1 and H2 in a worst case scenario(high ambient temp) but, it will also reduce output to achieve this so it wont be as bright.

markr6

Flashaholic
Am I the only one that is happy with the default settings of their Zebralights.

After messing around with this, I reset mine back to the factory. I'm happy with it. But I do like this option to reprogram. I always thought the SC62w got way too hot, too fast.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I the only one that is happy with the default settings of their Zebralights.

That's fine, then leave it how it is. Some of us like the adjustability though so its nice to have the option. I like this particular adjustment because my headlamp can get to 54C on the head which is too hot imo. Now I can lower it if I want.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
ZL added this...

[FONT=&quot]
Subject: PID Thermal Regulation Programming

Just want to add that, in anticipation of today's announcement, we lowered the factory default temp setting by several degree C in some lights produced in recent months.

Sincerely,

ZebraLight, Inc.

[/FONT]

markr6

Flashaholic
^ That sounds like my SC63w. Like I said before, I always thought the SC62w got WAY too hot.

fnsooner

Enlightened
ZL added this...

Just want to add that, in anticipation of today's announcement, we lowered the factory default temp setting by several degree C in some lights produced in recent months.

Sincerely,

ZebraLight, Inc.

I can definitely tell the difference between the SC62w and the SC63w. The 62 is warmer. After making that remark about being happy with the default settings, I now want to make my 63 like my 62 so far as temp is concerned.:ironic:

markr6

Flashaholic
I'm glad they released this information. They probably said "those guys are going to ***** about us no matter what, we might as well let them have a go at it"

recDNA

Flashaholic
Will this work on my 32w as well? It gets way too hot with primaries. I did buy it after 2012 but I do not know when it was built.

I get how to make ONE degree lower. How do I get full 5 degrees lower? Repeat entire procedure 5 times or what?

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight added this too just to let you guys know...

[FONT=&quot]Subject: PID Thermal Regulation Programming

There won't be any issues with the emitter or any other electronic components in the light because ALL of them are rated at 85C or higher. We set the limit of 5 degree C max so that even with our highest factory default settings (52C), you'll still be below the working temp range of a li-ion battery (typically 60C in 2012 when the S6330 was designed).

Sincerely,

ZebraLight, Inc.

They are awesome, great communication:twothumbs
[/FONT]

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight added this too just to let you guys know...

There won't be any issues with the emitter or any other electronic components in the light because ALL of them are rated at 85C or higher. We set the limit of 5 degree C max so that even with our highest factory default settings (52C), you'll still be below the working temp range of a li-ion battery (typically 60C in 2012 when the S6330 was designed).

Sincerely,

ZebraLight, Inc.

They are awesome, great communication:twothumbs

Great info thanks :thumbsup: Now I'm just curious what other hidden features they have yet to announce... I definitely noticed my SC63w stayed cooler and PID kicked in sooner than it did on my SC62w. It's nice to know I can change my SC62w cooler if need be or make my SC63w stay on turbo longer.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great info thanks :thumbsup: Now I'm just curious what other hidden features they have yet to announce... I definitely noticed my SC63w stayed cooler and PID kicked in sooner than it did on my SC62w. It's nice to know I can change my SC62w cooler if need be or make my SC63w stay on turbo longer.

No problem. Me too, hopefully they allow us access to even more features.