Zebralight SC600w Mk III HI - Pocket Thrower

Husker

Enlightened
Is the Tint just a personal thing or does it create a problem with the way it performs?

tops2

Enlightened
Sure hope the light is not as complicated as the manual is.

Lol. The first time I was introduced to it in person, it was so confusing. But as twistedraven mentioned, the basic operation is one quick click for max brightness. Hold button to cycle through low-medium-high and let go on the one you want. You can press and hold from whether the light is on or off, as it'll just cycle through low-medium-high. Single click to turn off.

Whatever you do, don't double click when the light is on...until you're comfortable with the basic operations listed above. But once you're comfortable, you can double click on any of the low/medium/high you're on to switch between slightly brighter vs slightly darker levels.

Whatever you do, don't double click till the cows come home...until you're ready to "program" the alternate level for each of the low/medium/high modes.

Optional nice feature is quick click 4 times from off to check battery level.

I love the Zebralight UI, but it definitely took time to fully understand it. And in some ways (to me), its not a good UI for when you're in a hurry if you like switching modes. When I'm in a hurry but don't want max level, I still activate the wrong mode from time to time..or even strobe myself... ;)

Husker

Enlightened
tops2

Thanks for the advice/tips.

Since I live in Nebraska, I know all about the cows and home… LOL!!

outdoorguy82

Newly Enlightened
Aaaaand it's gone.

So what makes the HI version have way better tint than the regular domed version?

LMAO!!! It may be a long shot...but did you get that quote from the Black Ops 3 black market mercenary? He says that same thing after you burn items already obtained from the supply drop boxes. Just wanted to ask lol. Anyway good thread and I am thinking about getting a new zebralight since they seem to make the best lights imho. Love this forum. :)

Last edited:

wolfgaze

Enlightened
LMAO!!! It may be a long shot...but did you get that quote from the Black Ops 3 black market mercenary? He says that same thing after you burn items already obtained from the supply drop boxes. Just wanted to ask lol.

That phrase "Aaand it's gone" originated from a scene in a South Park episode (Margarittaville)...

Husker

Enlightened
bqjDbTO.jpg

tops2

Enlightened
tops2

Thanks for the advice/tips.

Since I live in Nebraska, I know all about the cows and home… LOL!!

Lol! I grew up mostly in the suburbs so I know nothing about cows and other things.. I guess that what I haven't purchased the HI version yet since I haven't felt the need to see far away. I just need enough light to look for my phone..or the next closes flashlight to play with. :D

I'm liking floody lights better as I can see all my lights at once (which isn't that much...I swear!). But I guess I can always use a thrower on turbo to ceiling bounce to see the whole room too. But oh no! Cracking flashaholic jokes!!!

Husker

Enlightened
Lol! I grew up mostly in the suburbs so I know nothing about cows and other things.. I guess that what I haven't purchased the HI version yet since I haven't felt the need to see far away. I just need enough light to look for my phone..or the next closes flashlight to play with. :D

I'm liking floody lights better as I can see all my lights at once (which isn't that much...I swear!). But I guess I can always use a thrower on turbo to ceiling bounce to see the whole room too. But oh no! Cracking flashaholic jokes!!!

This is my 2nd flashlight purchase...1st was a thrower as well...DEFT-X!

Sphinxxx

Newly Enlightened
So i just read this entire thread and only saw one vague lux number stating 17k. Anybody take a reading on this light?