Zebralight SC700d 21700 XHP70.2 90+CRI

markr6

Flashaholic
Well, I'll know Saturday or Monday if USPS stops effing up half my deliveries.

Got the email. Label printed so in the mail tomorrow, possibly tonight if their pickup was later in the evening

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Judging by the beam from my sc600w with xhp35 Hi... I expect this new offering will be extremely floody. Buyers should not be expecting to get much throw from this light. Should be impressive at ranges up to approximately 25 yards or so though.

markr6

Flashaholic
A shipping label has been prepared for your item at 4:41 pm on December 20, 2018 in IRVING, TX 75038. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.

So it could very well just be a label sitting on a counter for days or weeks, technically. No updates since Thursday.

burntoshine

Enlightened
What about a Pila IBC charger?

I'm assuming it won't work because an 18650 is as big (long) as the ports get. And 21700 are longer than 18650s, yes?

Yeah, that charger won't be any good for the longer 21700 cells. There are many recent chargers that do support 21700's, but they're still going to be a very tight fit in most of them. Protected button-top 18650's are almost as long as a flat-top unprotected 21700. If you have a charger that easily fits a protected 18650, then it will probably work for a 21700.

21700's are longer than 1860's. I have a Xtar Dragon VP4 that will fit a 21700 snug. The main issue is, obviously, that you dont destroy your battery wrappers trying to get the battery out of the charger.

Thanks for the responses! I meant to get back here, but I've been super busy and forgetful lately..

EDIT: So according to my calipers, the PILA charger is indeed too short.

Can anyone recommend a good charger that will charge 21700s, 18650s and 123s?

Thanks!

Last edited:

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the responses! I meant to get back here, but I've been super busy and forgetful lately..

EDIT: So according to my calipers, the PILA charger is indeed too short.

Thanks!

The new Nitecore UMS4, UMS2, UM4, UM2, are supposed have the largest openings for 21700 batteries. And it charges all batteries intelligently. I have one waiting under the tree this Christmas.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
A shipping label has been prepared for your item at 4:41 pm on December 20, 2018 in IRVING, TX 75038. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.

So it could very well just be a label sitting on a counter for days or weeks, technically. No updates since Thursday.
"A shipping label has been prepared for your item at 4:33 pm on December 20, 2018 in IRVING, TX 75038. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date."

markr6,
does this mean I'll get my light 8 minutes before you :devil:

But seriously, it is a tiny bit weird to get the shipping notification, but no follow up indicating that the USPS has actually received the lights. It could very well be that they knew they had missed the original Dec. 14th shipping estimate, so they wanted to at least let us know shipping was imminent, but not quite ready...... kind of like how when you're in baggage claim waiting for your luggage and it's taking a long time, and finally they turn on the flashing lights and start the carousel, but it still takes awhile for the luggage to begin coming out.

Or, it could be that they're just messing with our heads :)

Ha, well...... it will happen when it happens. Fortunately, I've got plenty of other Zebras to keep me happy till then.

insanefred

Enlightened

Youpackagewillbestuckthereforafewweeks.

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Other suggestions?

The pricey but good SkyRC MC3000 can do 50W charge, so at least 4x2A, maybe 4x3A until they're actually at 4.2V. You really going to be charging four 21700 at the same time? Sure there are cheaper that will do 2x2A. Lygte liked the C4-12, I'm not sure if I trust $30 off brand chargers, but his reviews are usually solid. 4x18650 reach almost 50C but I'm not sure if the MC3000 runs any cooler.

Wish one of youze would get the SC700 to take some photos of it, even if I have to wait until mid or late Jan for mine. ZL is allergic to cameras, so all we've had is that one photo on their website. Grumble.

I am going to guess 100 yds.
Even if it is only 25 yards, there's not much to see around here that's further than 100ft except maybe the tops of trees. Guess I could go out to the main road, but that has streetlights. Really, I don't need a flashlight except to find the bathroom in the middle of the night with the power out.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Miboxer c4-12 4x3amp !

Its very good , but be aware of weak bay springs. I have had 2 snap but it's an easy repair/fix. Still an awesome charger, but as with many others, suffers from sub par internals.
Found a pic, snap at the slider end, post end is fine. Just needs re-making basically but still not very good. Actually got a spring kit and replaced one of the springs for a little more beefed up one.
BAEE7Z4l.jpg

Hope everyone's ZL ships soon, exciting times!:D

Last edited:

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast

I actually bought a couple of 21700s in anticipation of this light, and have tried them in a few Xtar chargers I have. The best fit is the SV2 Rocket. The VP2 is okay, but is a little tighter than the SV2. The cells still fit in the VC2 Plus Master and VC4, but are tighter than the VP2. Of the two VC Series chargers, the VC4 is the tighter fit.

Prototype3a

Newly Enlightened
I wish Nitecore's SC4 had longer slots. :-/

I'm thinking I may go for a Xtar SV2 Rocket for my 21700 and 26650 charging needs and maybe also get a Nitecore SC4 for all my wife's AA and AAA charging needs.

Boro

Newly Enlightened
My 6330 is a remarkable Zebra, but this model is just as remarkable with better tint and much brighter! The beam pattern is a perfect mix of flood and throw, hope everyone enjoys theirs as much as I do mine!

Latest posts