Zebralight SC700d 21700 XHP70.2 90+CRI

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm holding out for w or c variant to replace my SC600w IV Plus in the future (now that I have an SC64w HI), but I don't know if I can get over the look. From the pics I've seen it just looks disproportionately weird to me.

What's wrong with the 600w IV Plus? Is it the limited run-time on max? I'm okay with the limited turbo time, since I don't use it much at that output. Tint could be better, though it's okay for a domed Cree.

likethevegetable

Enlightened
There's nothing significantly wrong with it; but I could sell it and use that money towards a 700 - I'd like a light with 2170 in the near future. I also like to maintain a minimal collection without redundant lights...
I feel like owning a 64, 600, and 700 would render the 600 as an inbetweener that won't get much actual use. The only niche I could see it filling is a pocketable bike light for night rides - but if I'm on the trails, I won't need to pocket the light and if I'm in the city, I only need a bike light to make cars aware of me (only 50 lm or so needed). So even then, I could switch between my 64w HI and (future) 700. Yes, the Plus is perfect for both these tasks, but I don't need a $100 bike light when I have several other flashlights.
Also, going for walks in the evening, I think a little more real estate on the light would make it nicer to hold.
The Plus's tint isn't great indoors but on it's own it's not objectionable, but that slight greenish cast in comparison with my HI and H600Fc is unpleasant. I think I got lucky with my 600Fc, it's definitely a bit yellow but no green at all. Apparently. I can live with a yellow tint, not green.

The ideal SC700 for me (which I don't believe could currently exist because I don't think this LED is being produced) would be a SC700w with a XHP70 HI.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ideal SC700 for me (which I don't believe could currently exist because I don't think this LED is being produced) would be a SC700w with a XHP70 HI.

AFAIK, there is no XHP70 HI. So, Zebralight would have to slice their own domes, and I just don't think they'll do that.

Based on other XHP70's I have, I'm not sure you'd be happy with the tint of one of the regular "w" ones. So, the SC700d might be a better option for you, and it already exists of course.

But, yeah, big overlap with the 600 Plus.

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just curious if the size of the head bothers anybody? Obviously it is large for pocket carry, but feel in hand and aesthetics?

I'm holding out for w or c variant to replace my SC600w IV Plus in the future (now that I have an SC64w HI), but I don't know if I can get over the look. From the pics I've seen it just looks disproportionately weird to me.

It may look disproportionate, but I think it fits in my (on the larger size) hands nicer than the smaller models. The curve along the body side of the head feels nice to my thumb.

I'd have preferred a 700c, of course, since I buy 3000K whenever it's available. If I had to have only one 18650 ZL with the 700 I guess it'd be a Mk IV HI model, because the beam is so nice. If lumens was less important and I wanted to carry one clipped (I hate the 600 clip) then I'd go for the 64 LE with the LH351D, since it's the other one with the nicest beam (short of an old SC62w).

As it is, I have no interest in having any less Zebra in the house, and am foolish with my money when it comes to certain things. I still have no headlamp, though that may change with a H53Fc... though what I really want is a H53c LH351D 4000K (the H503 LH is a tease). I have a SC53c, so if the frosted lens is enough to clean up the Cree rainbow, then the H53Fc would be pretty good. I don't have any "F" ZLs either.

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
...Overall I think I prefer the Fd version to the regular because neither is a light you want to use for throw, so I make the best of it with the great near-field view of the Fd........In my testing the only thing I was not super happy about was that my Fd version has a 'slightly' cooler tint; so color wise I preferred the non Fd, and my 600 mkIIIFd outdoors. It was pretty slight, but I know what I like.......Just what you'd expect from an Fd variant, and maybe a little surprising that in practical terns the range you give upon is not really that significant compared to the base 700d. If you want range you're not going to be using either of these lights....

Does the frosted lens do a good job of taming the "Cree rainbow" ?

justanotherguy

Enlightened
-Zebralight SC700d (box, pocket clip, o-rings) – on the ' budget' site, used

I'd jump but I have one already. cheap too

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the frosted lens do a good job of taming the "Cree rainbow" ?

Well I do now have a frosted ZL, the H53Fc, and I don't see any Cree Rainbow at all. So, guessing it'd help a lot with the SC700. Anyone who has one, beam pics?

terjee

Enlightened
Anyone found a perfect holster for it?

For my SC600-series lights, I've been using a Manker holster. I like that it takes marginal extra space in addition to just the light.

A holster could be nice to keep it on a belt, and also for protecting *other* things when throwing it in a backpack.

Just recently ordered and eagerly awaiting it, but I suspect it's larger than what I'd want to pocket-EDC.

shira

Newly Enlightened
Never mind. I thought the SC700d (non floody) was back in stock. I was mistaken.

Last edited:

MrStrumpan

Newly Enlightened
Yesterday my SC700d arrive, 3 days after order.
p.jpeg

Not sure if pciture links work.... https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ryvyjgeuzo5p56/DSC04223.JPG?dl=0

Zebralight SC700d Flashlight
Samsung INR21700-50E 5000mAh - 10A
21700 battery box
Heat shrink tubing - 21700/20700 format
:hitit::popcorn::bow::rock::thanks::goodjob:

It will be added to my collection:
Zebralight SC600w Mark III 18650 XHP35 Neutral White
Zebralight SC32w SC32w CR123 Flashlight Neutral White
Zebralight H600w Mk 3 H600w Mk III XHP35 Neutral White 18650 Headlamp

p.jpeg

p.jpeg

p.jpeg

Last edited:

MrStrumpan

Newly Enlightened
Short basic click guide, what u think? :sssh:

Off:
Hold 0.6sec - Low (Hold-Cycle)
1 - Hi/Off
2 - Med
3 - Beacon/Strobe (Double-Cycle)
4 - Battery Level
6 Double - Set L2-H2 (Double-Cycle, 1-Save)

On:
Hold - Cycle
Double - Sub-level

justanotherguy

Enlightened
I have the 700d
I feel its pretty floody already.. I imagine the film on the f smooths out any edges on the hot spot.... maybe a bit more even in it's flood0-nesy with a little less throw?

I am more than happy with the 700d...

Mattz68

Newly Enlightened
Jim, Almost always get the regular version -over the long haul you'll appreciate the versatility. You can always put some scotch tape over the lens for temporary flood and take it off when you don't need it. Also, there are diffusers sold as flashlight accessories that you look for.

Mattz68

Newly Enlightened
ZEBRALIGHT -if you're out there still....PLEASE make a "c" version this light -preferably with no green tint! Thank you..

Connor

Enlightened
I have the 700d
I feel its pretty floody already.. I imagine the film on the f smooths out any edges on the hot spot.... maybe a bit more even in it's flood0-nesy with a little less throw?

I am more than happy with the 700d...

The Fd beams are super smooth&floody, really nice if you want the light for close distance work mainly. Fd also mixes the beam more which means less tint shift if you are a "white wall hunter".

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks

I was going to buy one yesterday, and they show on backorder. I'll just wait now.

Jim

Backorder means that Zebralight will ship a week or 2 after you order. I find that popular models never leave the backorder status. So, if you wait, you'll probably be waiting a long time. You can always send them a message to find out the real wait. When I did last month, it was 1-2 weeks for the model I was looking at. They shipped it about 10 days after I ordered.