Zebralight SC700d 21700 XHP70.2 90+CRI

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks

I was going to buy one yesterday, and they show on backorder. I'll just wait now.

Jim
I would like to see more reviews of the fd model...

So, I ordered the SC600w Mark IV Plus today. To tide me over.

I'll also be able to play with the scotch tape filters in the mean time.

Thanks again all!!!

Jim

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd probably get the SC700 in the floody version if I just wanted to use it as a flashlight. I prefer the clear lens mostly so I can look at the big beautiful LED. It throws so much light into the spill that it's useless as a thrower anyway. About the only place the clear lens would really help is using it off a balcony or something where the spill wouldn't just bounce back in your face. Even so, at the beach, the water in the air reflected a lot of light back. You could see the waves were lit up, but the air got in the way of seeing them well.

drummer132132

Enlightened
Just curious, do you think zebralight will use the sbt-90.2 in the SC700d sized host? Not sure if possible but the performance might be rather impressive if able to work.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone found a perfect holster for it?
For my SC600-series lights, I've been using a Manker holster. I like that it takes marginal extra space in addition to just the light.
A holster could be nice to keep it on a belt, .

Ive been using a 'rotating' holster on my strong belt side. I was using a 'sea horse' designed Rofis to project light in my path .
It will do the job.

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered my new SC700d.Looking forward to getting it.

Anyone know how long the wait time before order shipment is,if the light is listed as backordered?
(this is direct from zebralight.com).

Ended up canceling the zebralight.com order..(they said the backorder time was 4 weeks..I'd rather not wait that long.)

Ordered from gpknives.com.They'll have my order shipped out within the next 2 days.
(had to order the battery separately from a different site,but it's worth it.)

Update:new SC700d is on its way from gpknives.com via FedEx.
Estimated delivery date is Monday the 17th.

The batteries,from orbtronics.com..are expected to arrive sometime tomorrow.

(which is impressive,considering Orbtronics is located in St.Petersburg,FL.)

Last edited:

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's here!!!! Finally my precious SC700d has arrived.

Update ow...painfully singing "Blinded by The Light" off-key..flipped my new SC700d on in full 3000-lumen glory,and dumbly looked right at it.

Ouch..my eyes.

Last edited:

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I think the first person I showed it to did that straight off. It took me a few days. It is... pretty flippin' bright.

Mr. LED

Enlightened
If we have enough people interested, I could gather a list and bring it to Zebralight, I have a contact there.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
While we're asking...

I'd like a SC700w HI please!!!

Is there even a HI version of the XHP70.2 emitter? I know some people have de-domed them, but I'm fairly certain that is not something that Zebralight would be willing to do in a product offering.

But, yeah, something warmer than 5000K would be nice, like a high CRI 4000K SC700c. I love that tint in the H600Fc.

oeL

Newly Enlightened
If we have enough people interested, I could gather a list and bring it to Zebralight, I have a contact there.

I had already contacted Zebralight twice for a SC700 with XPH35 HI, but not received any reply.

The SC700d is way too floody for me, the XPH35 HI with SC700 head would allow an even better throw than the SC600, still having a smooth beam and sufficient spill for an universal light. In addition, the low resistance and good heat dissipation of the SC700 paired with the more powerful battery with a higher capacity would allow Zebralight to run the XPH35 HI with a bit more current than in the SC600 -> it would be brighter in terms of lumens.

Please put me on your list, or what about a vote here, or anything else...

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Meh. I already find the SC600w HI is throwy enough for almost all outdoor use, while still being useful close-up. Small enough to pocket-carry, too. I think a SC700w HI with the XHP 35 emitter would be too throwy, like a C8. Great for a specific purpose (seeing long-range), but useless for a general purpose outdoor light.

Romanko

Newly Enlightened
Hi
Any chance that you will release flashlight with LUMINUS SBT-90 GEN2 ?
Will be there a smaller version of SC700 - SC70 ?
Thank you
No. Very unlikely.

We may release an SC70 but I don't know any details (dates, ...) We are still way too busy trying to fill the orders of our current models.

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jim, Almost always get the regular version -over the long haul you'll appreciate the versatility. You can always put some scotch tape over the lens for temporary flood and take it off when you don't need it. Also, there are diffusers sold as flashlight accessories that you look for.
Good Advice!!!

Bought a SC700d on Thursday, received on Saturday.

A Beautiful Dark Carbon Colored Coating.

Thanks All, Jim