Zebralight update

Patriot

Flashaholic
Personally, I wish they would just place the LED and lens on the end, instead of the side.

I love the beam from my H50, but I dislike the hold you have to use when hand-held - it's just awkward.

Just about any Fenix light will stuff into the rubber light holder if that's the user style you prefer. Most of us like the 90 degree body mounted LED because is allows the use of a wider angle beam and thus isn't blocked by the side of your head. It's also ergonomic and convenient with positioned as a traditional headlamp. There are lot's of conventional flashlights available but not many headlamps to choose from, especially not with single batteries and Q5 LED's.

nars42

Newly Enlightened
When the 501 comes out, is there any chance of a group buy happening?

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the number of suggestions to Zebra Light for changes, I want them to know that, IMHO, the H30 is about as perfect as possible for my needs.

We all may have different requirements, but they got it right...for me.

If some day a more efficient and brighter CR123 sized "H30" would become available... :twothumbs For now, though, the UI, beam, size, weight and ease of operation are all right up there with Goldilocks's perfect porridge.

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the number of suggestions to Zebra Light for changes, I want them to know that, IMHO, the H30 is about as perfect as possible for my needs.

If some day a more efficient and brighter CR123 sized "H30" would become available... :twothumbs For now, though, the UI, beam, size, weight and ease of operation are all right up there with Goldilocks's perfect porridge.
+1 The design is fantastic.

Maybe they could make a few minor production improvements that would go a long way, consistently clean contacts for example. That's just an example. They probably have already done that.

On the other hand, to get people who already have one to buy another, maybe they need some changes. Maybe a small removable head up metal clip would be nice.

CodeOfLight

Newly Enlightened
I think it needs a built in Rare Earth Magnet disk in the bottom end cap. That way I can stick it to whatever metal surface happens to be around.

steveG

Enlightened

+1 The design is fantastic.

For about half a day I thought maybe I had lost mine and was ready to order another immediately! Definitely a great light.

I think it needs a built in Rare Earth Magnet disk in the bottom end cap. That way I can stick it to whatever metal surface happens to be around.

Not a bad idea. I've been brainstorming ideas on how to make a magnetic mount for it. A couple nights ago the family and I went out to the beach for dinner and marshmallow roasting... I propped Zebralight up on the car and set it to low for ambient light while we ate.
A magnetic mount that would have allowed me to attach it to the body of the car would have been great.

oronocova

Enlightened

+1 to this.

I e-mailed zebralight this past week suggesting this exact thing. They did e-mail me back and said it was something they had considered or were considering. With enough intrest it might become a reality. It would turn the light into an awesome work light for vehicles/equipment/anything metal where you can stick it and get the light you need which might not be available with it mounted on your head. It would still retain it's orginal purpose though.

Dr.K

Enlightened
I ordered mine a couple of days ago, and I CAN BARELY WAIT!

I own the 50 and the 30, and both are great lights, oh wait I gave my 50 to my brother for a camping gift, and he loves it too.

Anyways, thanks Zebralight for a great product that isn't the "norm".

kyle.

:party:

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been looking for a small, relatively inexpensive flashlight for sometimes now, and Zebra lights seem ideal for me, as I will use it mainly as a task light.

I am hoping the new AA model is coming soon. Please keep the flood beam the way it is. That's what makes your lights special and different. If I want more throw, I would get a flashlight with a conventional design.

Don't know if this has been suggested. The clip could be made so that it can be pulled up and away from the body and acts as a handle so the flashlight can be held almost like a convention flashlight.

Last edited:

AdamW

Newly Enlightened
H501
H501
H501
H501
H501....

Zebralight, when will it be available?

uk_caver

Flashlight Enthusiast
As for magnetic end caps, possibly that would be better as an option than standard - not everyone wants their lights to be magnetic.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
With Li-Ion ocassionally exploding, I wonder about strapping a 18650 to one's forehead.....

The concept is sure attractive but I would feel a bit endangered...

Moses

I once had a OLED video watch that worked off a lithium battery that also charged through the headphone jack.

One day I strapped it to my arm, put in my own headphones, and began running down the street. All of the sudden, the watch was burning my arm! I couldn't take it off fast enough.

It seems it shorted across the battery inside, even though it continued to play music. No explosions, I'm OK.

Moral of the story: Be very careful what you strap to your body.